“Great central place, but costs add up”

SibTourGuide Hostel
Canada
“Great central place, but costs add up”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The place itself is very good, a nice apartment perfectly located. A bit hard to find on your own.

Olga was extremely helpful with everything. Did not take any tours, so cannot comment on those.

Laundry a reasonable 200 rubles, station pickup triple what a taxi charges, charge for leaving bags after checkout. The cafe was apparently closed so no meal vouchers, or substitute.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vrab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My title says everything. I only wished there was someone around 24, in case I needed something such as borrowing an iron, using laundry machine, etc. Of course when I asked, everything was provided. But sometimes I don't know when e.g. I would need to iron my clothes. When Anatoliy or Olga was around, I didn't thought I would need to iron, or need to do additional laundry. But aside of this, everything was mere perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

stayed here one night as a stop on the transsiberian, in order to get out to stolby nature reserve. never met anatoliy, but he was quick to respond to my emails. aleksander, the other owner, was in and out while I was there. I was lucky that there was someone in the hostel to let me in, since I don't have a russian phone. hostel is easy to find, with spraypainted signs saying hostel. just make sure you have the address and apartment number beforehand. facilities are clean and functional, although there were fewer plugs than I would like. plenty of hot water for showering. great location in the city, it was a quick walk to and from the train station.

on getting to stolby, aleksander was helpful and not pushy about tours. he gave me all the info about getting out there on my own by bus, although i ended up doing a tour with another person from the hostel. probably could have done the nature reserve without a tour no problem, especially in summer (the snow made paths really hard to find, so a few times we were up to our knees in it), but it was nice to hear about the park and get to some of there's obvious rock formations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nijkerk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We visited the Sibtourhostel in Krasnoyarsk and used services of Sibtourguide Anatoliy. He accompanied us for a guided tour of Tackmak Rock in Stolby and also picked us up for free from the train and dropped us at airport for a reasonable fee.

The hostel is clean and cosy and well situated near the station and in the city centre with lots of things to do.

Anatoliy is very friendly, speaks excellent English, is reliable and a knowledgeable person. He has a lot of knowledge about the area and explained about the city and the area. He advertised fro us on facebook to let others join in to make the excursion we did to Tackmack rock even more affordable.

I have travelled a lot, but hardly seen such hospitality and friendliness and above all the hostel and all of activities are great value for money. The diner at the English school was also great.

We experienced brilliant sunshine and almost +20 degrees in beginning of April in Siberia!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I traveled by train in Russia coast-to-coast stopping at the main centers and it took me two monts from Tallinn (Estonia) to Kamchatka (this one, unfortunately, unreachable by road), booking my next stay just after leaving from my last. It has been an adventurous way of traveling, full of surprises, not always enjoyable. Trans-Sib has been probably the best chance I had, under every instances. The position is excellent, in the very centre of Krasnoyarsk. The personnel has been of rare availability and politeness. The hostel is clean and with all facilities, and afterwards I only regret not to have stayed any longer..to recommend strongly

Room Tip: The private room is definitely a better accomodation than a shared room, and just for a small surcha...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We have stayed in this hostel twice now while travelling through Siberia. The staff are highly knowledgeable, friendly and really go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and show you Krasnoyarsk. The hostel is located right in the very centre of Krasnoyarsk so the main museums and sites are within easy walking distance. The hostel organises a wide range of tours so all your needs are covered. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom newly decorated. The atmosphere in the hostel is really cosy, friendly and comfortable. The English School Café is a real delight. Service is outstanding, really good coffee and filling, tasty main dishes. SibTourGuide Hostel is a must stay when visiting Krasnoyarsk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent a few days in Krasnoyarsk and we just didn't want to leave!!! My sister and I have the same opinion: on our transsiberian trip, this hostel was the best located, one of the cleanest and the staff is just so incredibly friendly!
You simply have to stop there!

• Stayed August 2013