“won't stay anywhere else in Krasnoyarsk”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Krasnoyarsk
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed twice during a week totaling 3 nights.

Both times check in was reasonably efficient. They copy all pages of foreign passports that have anything on them, which is actually no longer required in Russia, but the farther one gets from Moscow the more old habits die hard. At least when they realized I wouldn't let my passport out of my sight they did it quickly.

Rooms are just right. Everything works, desk has 2 power ports, there are power ports next to the bed, lighting is ample, bathrooms are large enough. Two small complaints with the rooms. The first room I had, the bed was lumpy like a 50 year old mattress. The second room was better, but still not great. Must have bought cheap mattresses... obviously that money went to the desk chairs in the rooms... those were great! Second small complaint - the toilets don't flush all the "stuff" down. Must be the new water saving ones, so you have to flush 4 or 5 times and it still doesn't work! Water pressure not high on 9th and 10th floor, so don't ask for 15th floor!

Gym is nice with new technogym equipment. 4 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and a bike, plus a limited quantity of weights and dumbbells. The TV's have not yet been connected on most of the equipment, and this new technogym stuff has no place to rest your ipad so you can watch something while you work out!
Gym is open 24 hours - one of my requirements.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel location is not convenient to walk to alternative restaurants.

Breakfast was very complete and starts at 5am, which is good for early risers. One does have to chase down a staff member to order eggs or coffee, however. It would be better if they came to the customer.

Dinner in the restaurant / bar is from a limited menu but all the food was good. Bar service was very bad. Perhaps the barman was blind (I'm all in favor of jobs for the blind) but many efforts to wave him down didn't work so one must get up from one's table and go to him to order something.

The architecture of this hotel is straight from 1960's "Intourist" styling from the outside, but fortunately the stuff inside is pretty good and modern. Wifi everywhere and reasonably fast. Many staff speak english quite well.

I'm sure it's a huge challenge in a place like Krasnoyarsk to get rid of Soviet attitudes and actually have smiling, friendly, English speaking staff. This hotel does quite a good job.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter. Lower floors will have better water pressure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank j889814672
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Everything within the walls of this hotel is excellent ! This included management, front desk, dining room people and all of those that you don't see ! Food and service is excellent ! We speak only English and are thankful for the staff who spoke English and took such good care of us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Joseph C
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel services and facilities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us! Guaranteed!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Staff and guest room were typical Hilton- high quality, professional and helpful. Probably best hotel in Krasnoyarsk, but not convenient to anything. No transport and nothing to walk to from hotel, except tons of apartment buildings. Must have a car or constantly ordering taxis. Still despite location- once you get there for the night- you'll sleep and rest well!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We very much appreciate your positive feedback and at Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a chance to stay at the spanking new Hilton Garden Inn in Krasnoyarsk. Everything is sparkling new making the stay very comfortable and pleasant. Staff goes out of its way to make sure you have a good stay. Still as the hotel is still very new there are a few kinks that need to be worked out; and quite literally some dust (in the closests, on the irons and ironing boards in the room) that need to be worked out. With time I think - hope - they will!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Brand new hotel , with great services !
I was on business trip and stayed at hotel for over the week!
My room had view overlooking whole Krasnoyarsk, so I always enjoyed morning time & night view..
As for room after first 2 nights housekeeping without me specifically asking set up pillows the way I left them & like them,which I was pleasantly surprised by.. room always perfectly cleaned ( am crazy about cleanliness indeed…)

Breakfast selection is very nice and live cooking of my favourite omelette was not anymore only sensory pleasure recognized by my taste receptors but also bit of show and nice morning chat with chef.. after second day without asking I got automatically my espresso & orange juice, always with their big smile!
Confirming great variety & taste was proven not only first days of my stay but as for whole week long, when food Items rotation was something for me as long staying guest, really enjoyable..
E.g. each morning I found different nuts ( try please Siberian pine nuts so amazing ones! ) and pastry chef surprises with different mini cakes each day!
No matter how healthy my breakfast wanted to be, I never missed the sweets over there !
I was told that lady pastry chef is amazing by service team…so I kept reassuring myself every day !:)
From the amazing cheese cake, up to her selection on buffet, please make sure you will try, all home-made, Siberian healthy ingrediences and great taste!...
As for restaurant, hotel was not busy during my stay, so I found myself dining with about 20 people most of the week..
service team, never missed each of my course to ask if I was happy with, and opened kitchen from pastas cooked in front of you,
up to excellent rib eyes stakes ( they brought first raw cut to show me to choose from! and after cooking in front of me, chef made sure also, that I like as steak so his sauces ..) so garden grill restaurant apart from excellent salads serves great steaks too!

I am passionate coffee lower so I managed to test lobby baristas or I should say “ coffee artistas” ?!!
= my espresso never missed crema, my cappuccino was so creamy and always with different design! Impressive…

Front office – I should start with as being first impression...my check in experience was probably in best English I have ever heard ! Lady over ther was fast smilling , with explanation of special residency card / paper..
My wake up calls were always in exact minute as requested, or help with translation of my bills from Russian language & welcoming every of my “ over week long requests “ at reception desk never missed big smile!

Is Krasnoyarsk & their Hilton quite far away from Europe or USA ?? Geographically definitely yes, but not with services & their great hospitality !!

I wish I could complain about something so whoever will read it believe what I wrote above was truth…

Siberia & Krasnoyarsk Hilton was just so pleasant surprise!! Thank you whole team for great stay ..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Matus,

You Can Count On Us! Guaranteed!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great facilities and really nice staff that would try hard to ensure you are satisfied. You can tell that they are focused on their guests especially if you are an HHONORS member.

The breakfast buffet is excellent, with fresh vegetables, waffles and your choice of eggs.

Business center and gym with top notch equipment and you can use it 24h.

The hotel also has very good meeting rooms on the 7th floor and conference facilities too.

Treat yourself for the spa next door, you won't regret it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. I stayed there with a group of friends and we all were very satisfied with our stay. The General Manager is a very kind and helpful person. As it was the 8th March (Ladies Day), he welcomed all girls/ladies from our group with so beautiful roses - it was really very kind of him. He was very helpful with all other things during our stay in that hotel. All other staff were also very kind (waiters, receptionists etc.). We had a dinner in the hotel's restaurant - it was very delicious. I also liked that we could order breakfast packages, as we had a very early flight. What I did not like was the guests of the hotel were not able to use the swimming pool, as it is only for membership participants. It is a great pity, as it is very common that swimming pools (even in Hilton chain hotels) are available for both hotel guests and holders of membership cards (i.e. Holmes Place).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
DavronAripov, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Krasnoyarsk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

davron.aripov@hilton.com