AZIMUT Hotel Siberia
US$109
  • Pool
Sosnovy Bor(Novosibirsk)
1,626 results
All reviewsrooms are cleanbudget hotelhotel is situatedexcellent hotelclose to the train stationshort walkexcellent choicebuffet breakfastthe hotel stafflenin squarereceptioncitysnowventilationwintertaxibedding
Reviewed 19 September 2013

There are no surprises here. Competent reception staff, basic clean rooms, certainly not superior, even if the description in the booking tells you so. I liked the crisp sheets on the bed, but the mattress had seen better days. No decent soap in the bathroom, only a general liquid soap dispenser. Landing after a long flight it was good to be able to shut out the daylight with good blinds, The free WiFi was great, and the mini-bar even had some drinks inside, Good currency exchange and cash automates next to the reception.
The breakfast is overpriced at 500RUB, the usual sliced bread and meat/cheese/cucumbers. No fried eggs, or omelette, -there was bacon though. Coffee bad, but you can order specially for extra payment.
The Hotel Restaurant had nice food, but i missed being able to try local foods, with even the mineral water being French.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Katrin09
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have stayed her twice before in the last ten years, now rebranded and part o the Azamat chain which has delivered a western style hotel and service with a Russian perspective.
A great breakfast buffet, but the coffee cannot be accurately described. However there is excellent coffee available near Reception.
A wonderful room, very well appointed. No drinking water but there is a water dispenser in the lift lobby on each floor.
I at dinner one night in the hotel -- good service with excellent value.
The hotel laundry service was outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I may have had high expectations when I arrived to Novosibirsk, but while in a cab with the driver on the right 1980 gas mobile, I began to wonder how the rest of the trip would go.
Azimut is a network of hotels in Russia with decent reviews, so I chose it due to nice pricing and convenient location. So here we go:
I, like a normal traveler, have luggage. How do you suppose I'm gonna get my stuff up the stairs and no ramp for my wheeled case? Ya think there is someone to help you at the door? Ha! I used my charm to get my cab driver to help me with it up there. Check in fine, they smile, and overall present as a nice carrying staff. Good.
Arrive in the room: my own fault for booking a single (even tho thats what I normally book) - I have a twin sized bed. Yeah, Im not used to it, but im thinking, neh I made it to Siberia, so suck it up. I do not remember bathrooms, except that they have the wall attached shower/shampoo soap, lol.
Restaurant: great food, as I was waiting for "pelmeni" for a while. I sit and wait in anticipation of a meal ive dreamed off. I sit, and sit - no waiter. I got up and got someone. Ok, my order is in, its out about 20 min later, aaaand... Its awesome! Definitely cant complain there! But then, I like any type of food.
So i would say, its a 3. If you have an option of staying somewhere else, please do. If Azimut is your choice, pretend to be a strong Russian woman, or a man.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Galina M
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Looks cheap inside and outside. Doesn't worth the money they want us to pay. Food is ok, still needs to be improved. Fingertip prints on glasses must be cleaned up always. Personnel must speak English at least, so they are able to understand foreign guests exactly what we need, and to speak well so we can understand what they try to say.... That's not funny, but some times it's rather offensive. Ladies on reception must speak excellent English and able to serve us as soon as they are considered to be the professionals. They must know how to operate copmuters and ather technical devises on their desks not only texting on their personal mobile phones and using hotel phones for private talks. The impression was that the personnel doesn't respect us, but trying to squeeze more money from us only. Ans I should mention it here, the roomservants there are very naughty ladies... and as I heard rather cheap ones. And I want to caution everybody: in the hotel there is a spying system, almost everywhere.

Room Tip: There are some other hotels in Novosibirsk )
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank D A
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I've stayed in the hotel Sibir for two times. Also i stayed at another hotels in Novosibirsk. So i can say it is one of the best hotels over there. Very close to Railway Station. From the Railway Station you can take free bus to the airport. Hotel has nice and clean rooms and all service what you need. My advice not to take taxi which is in front of the hotel - there are very expensive. Better ask a woman on reception to call a city taxi.

Room Tip: I like numbers with the front side windows. In the evening you can enjoy nice city view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Aliso4ka
Elvie5050, Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Siberia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Dear Guest! Thank you for the kind review. We sencirely hope that the next time you`ll chose our Hotel for your stay. We wish you Marry Christmas and Happy New Year.