“Good location”

AZIMUT Hotel Siberia
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Novosibirsk
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Azimut has been around for many years in Novosibirsk and just changed it's name often.
The rooms have been refurbished and aren't large but are ok for a short stay with most of what you would need, including free wifi. The rooms can be noisy but I managed to sleep ok.
Breakfast was a buffet style and ok and the staff were friendly.
The lobby has a bar and there is also a nightclub which I didn't venture into.
The hotel is a short walk from the centre and there are a number of restaurants and cafes nearby, as well as theatres.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Donna H
Elena_Sitnikova, Генеральный директор at AZIMUT Hotel Siberia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write about us. Your detailed feedback is important to us. Welcome to AZIMUT hotel Siberia. Faithfully, general manager AZIMUT hotel Siberia, Elena Sitnikova.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The room was clean + tidy, but service poor (room serviced once in three days). Food poor (and slow). Very average hotel-window sill rattled in the wind. Hot shower, by contrast, excellent, and the lobby is large and comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richdhouse
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Building was old but each room has been totally renovated. Clean, warm, walking distance to the food area. Worth. You dont have any complement water in your room but cost only 100R. Breakfast is pretty much average, but the dinner in the hotel restaulant is good enough to experience Russian food, except longer waiting time. Suppose thats Russia.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GOKUMA
Reviewed 19 September 2013

There are no surprises here. Competent reception staff, basic clean rooms, certainly not superior, even if the description in the booking tells you so. I liked the crisp sheets on the bed, but the mattress had seen better days. No decent soap in the bathroom, only a general liquid soap dispenser. Landing after a long flight it was good to be able to shut out the daylight with good blinds, The free WiFi was great, and the mini-bar even had some drinks inside, Good currency exchange and cash automates next to the reception.
The breakfast is overpriced at 500RUB, the usual sliced bread and meat/cheese/cucumbers. No fried eggs, or omelette, -there was bacon though. Coffee bad, but you can order specially for extra payment.
The Hotel Restaurant had nice food, but i missed being able to try local foods, with even the mineral water being French.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Katrin09
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have stayed her twice before in the last ten years, now rebranded and part o the Azamat chain which has delivered a western style hotel and service with a Russian perspective.
A great breakfast buffet, but the coffee cannot be accurately described. However there is excellent coffee available near Reception.
A wonderful room, very well appointed. No drinking water but there is a water dispenser in the lift lobby on each floor.
I at dinner one night in the hotel -- good service with excellent value.
The hotel laundry service was outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I may have had high expectations when I arrived to Novosibirsk, but while in a cab with the driver on the right 1980 gas mobile, I began to wonder how the rest of the trip would go.
Azimut is a network of hotels in Russia with decent reviews, so I chose it due to nice pricing and convenient location. So here we go:
I, like a normal traveler, have luggage. How do you suppose I'm gonna get my stuff up the stairs and no ramp for my wheeled case? Ya think there is someone to help you at the door? Ha! I used my charm to get my cab driver to help me with it up there. Check in fine, they smile, and overall present as a nice carrying staff. Good.
Arrive in the room: my own fault for booking a single (even tho thats what I normally book) - I have a twin sized bed. Yeah, Im not used to it, but im thinking, neh I made it to Siberia, so suck it up. I do not remember bathrooms, except that they have the wall attached shower/shampoo soap, lol.
Restaurant: great food, as I was waiting for "pelmeni" for a while. I sit and wait in anticipation of a meal ive dreamed off. I sit, and sit - no waiter. I got up and got someone. Ok, my order is in, its out about 20 min later, aaaand... Its awesome! Definitely cant complain there! But then, I like any type of food.
So i would say, its a 3. If you have an option of staying somewhere else, please do. If Azimut is your choice, pretend to be a strong Russian woman, or a man.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Galina M
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Looks cheap inside and outside. Doesn't worth the money they want us to pay. Food is ok, still needs to be improved. Fingertip prints on glasses must be cleaned up always. Personnel must speak English at least, so they are able to understand foreign guests exactly what we need, and to speak well so we can understand what they try to say.... That's not funny, but some times it's rather offensive. Ladies on reception must speak excellent English and able to serve us as soon as they are considered to be the professionals. They must know how to operate copmuters and ather technical devises on their desks not only texting on their personal mobile phones and using hotel phones for private talks. The impression was that the personnel doesn't respect us, but trying to squeeze more money from us only. Ans I should mention it here, the roomservants there are very naughty ladies... and as I heard rather cheap ones. And I want to caution everybody: in the hotel there is a spying system, almost everywhere.

Room Tip: There are some other hotels in Novosibirsk )