“Poor Everything”

Captain's Galley
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Advance
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Wait for a table... wait for a server... wait for food... and then more problems. The wait times were inordinately long. The food was not prepared correctly for one of us and the for three others in our party the main course didn't have a good flavor and then when we expressed our disappointment, the waitress went to get the owner (who was on site) and who wouldn't bother to come to our table. Waitress then came back to our table and quoted the owner as saying: "well - that's the way we prepare it." When checking out with our cashier, we were asked if everything was good, we very mildly expressed our disappointment, and she proceeded to call the owner over to the register (and with people waiting behind me) he very arrogantly defended their techniques of food preparation. Asked if a discount would suffice... and so (with people waiting behind us) I said "fine". We have decided (three families of patrons represented - and negative referrals pending) NEVER to go back.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Husband had fried oysters-medium order and I got oysters and frog legs-senior portion. We were quite disappointed in both meals. They came with 2 sides, which I had to pay extra for sweet potato, even though is one of the sides. Our sweet potatoes were warm enough to melt the butter but the vegetable were cold. Our bill came to $27, which was too expensive for the meals. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Saw that a remodel had been done and decided to give this a try. Was very pleased with the cleanliness of the interior and the wide variety of items on the menu. I tried the chefs special crab stuffed broiled flounder and was very happy with my entre. The other members of my party were also pleased with their food. I'd go back again for sure.

1  Thank james w
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very family friendly, the food was amazing I absolutely love the crab legs and I love how they re-did the place. Two thumbs up

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We recently revisited Captain's Galley after several years absence and was pleasantly surprised.
We ate half price oysters which came lightly steamed per our request and they were shucked, sizable and very good. The hush puppies were tasty and the slaw was good and I am not a slaw eater.. They have a special most nights and will be going back to get all you can eat crab legs on Thursday night.
The owner greeted us as we were going in and the service was good and followed with a smile. All in all I was very happy with the food and service and especially the oysters. Highly recommend.

Been to Captain's Galley? Share your experiences!