“Nice location, clean room, comfortable bed”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Yekaterinburg
Knoxville, TN
“Nice location, clean room, comfortable bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many time over several years. The hotel is a good location, but it looking a little worn. This hotel has one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on - firm, yet soft. I seem to always have one problem at this hotel - the inability to make international calls from room. This problem has occurred several times over many years.

The hotel proudly displays a plaque from TripAdvisor, something I do not seem to see very often.

There are several museums near the hotel (e.g., a gemological and a military one) that are nice to visit. There are several good restaurants withing a couple minute walk of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel away from the elevator and main street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jungbird
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feed back. Our guests` comment count a lot for us which encourage and lead us to develop our services and product. We are proud of being recognized by our guests and awarded with `Top trendiest 20 hotels of Russia`, `Traveler`s Choice 2012` and `Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012` with our perfect location close to all business and leisure attraction centers and our service we deliver.

Erdem Bilgin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

This is a very average standard hotel, without bells and whistles, that is in the center of the city and has decent prices.
Front desk was super helpful in my often special requests, from laundry to cab to room service. We hosted a seminar at the hotel and the amenities provided very sufficient, av, video, sound all worked great. Plus they had a tech guy on hand in case something goes wrong.
Room was good, I didnt care for the color scheme, but thats whatever.
Downstairs restaurant is pleasant and food was good. Non smoking section exists - it the last two tables in the corner of the smoking section. But hey, i guess they made an effort.
So overall, a good hotel for business for a few nights

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Galina M
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed positive comments. Our guests` comments count a lot for us which helps us to develop the hardware and software continuously. I am glad to hear that my colleagues have answered your expectation positively by serving promptly.
Thank you very much for choosing Park Inn by Radisson to stay during your Ekaterinburg visit and We are very much looking forward to welcome back you again.

St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is situated in the center of the city. The rooms are pretty clean, the breakfast is good.Flexibility is missing. First time I forgot my cosmetics kit including tooth brush, toothpaste, shampoo and balsam for hair. And they didn't have it in the business room and couldn't provide me with it. Second time there was so cold in the room and din't have a heater. I think that this is more important than a "handwritten" welcoming and 2 apples in the room. There's much more to improve.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tushkanchik220
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
First of I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson during your Ekaterinburg visit. Our guest comments count a lot for us and thank you very much for taking time to share your valuable comments. It is unfortunate that we had failed to serve you the extra amenities that you needed. In fact we keep all these amenities and more in our stock in case our guests need and request. We will refresh our process and the training to have more personalized service as we very much intend to.

Looking forward to welcome You back here at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple nights in February. The check-in process was efficient and the front desk staff were nice enough. The hotel is in a good location to explore the city on foot.

Our room was on level four and looked to have been recently renovated as the paint and all the furnishings were in excellent condition. The room itself was very basic but adequate for a couple of nights. We were supplied free bottled water and apples, which was a nice touch.

The breakfast was OK with a reasonably large selection of hot and cold options. The breakfast beverages need improvement though; the juices were too sugary-sweet and the coffee was pre-made in a jug. Also interesting to note, we ate breakfast twice in the hotel and were not acknowledged by the breakfast staff on either occasion.

I must agree with some of the earlier reviewers about the noise levels in this hotel. It always amazes why hotels are not better constructed to serve their main purpose of providing a good place to sleep. We could very clearly hear everything that our neighbors were doing, talking, using the bathroom, television, etc. Unfortunately my ear-plugs were no match for the noise being made by our neighbors, who were drunk and also watching the television with the sound up loud. At 3am the reception staff were kind enough to move us to another room. I thank the staff for moving us however I am also annoyed that this situation happened in the first place.

I have traveled extensively around Russia, and compared with other Russian hotels I have stayed in this is one of the better ones, hence the 4-star rating. It's clean and safe, so not a bad choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you very much for choosing Park Inn by Radisson during your visit to Ekaterinburg. Our guest comments count a lot for us and thank you very much for taking time to share your valuable comments with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will be evaluating all your comments to develop our service and product to a higher level.

We look forward to welcome you back again during your next visit.

Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed at Park Inn in Ekaterinburg on business. The desk clerk was efficient, friendly, and she had a good command of English. The rooms here are pretty basic but clean and quite adequate. The breakfast is consistently good, only a moderate selection but well stocked and fresh. This hotel is a much better value than the ones I have stayed in Moscow.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you very for your positive feed back. Our guest comments count a lot for us.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I contacted them prior to my stay asking for early check in. Not only was it granted, but I was also offered an upgrade to business room (as Gold member with Club Carlson).

Upon arrival, check-in was quick and I was warmed that a fire exercise would take place in the afternoon. Fire alarm went for 10 minutes, unfortunately during my nap!

Hotel is close to opera house and suitable for a walking visit of Ekaterinburg - just follow the red line on the ground over the city (where it is still visible!)

Room was of average size, with double bed, a working desk and 2 lounging seats. Hotel provided tea/coffee facilities and bath amenities.
Typical from Park Inn (colourful, "value" brand of Carslon family hotels - nothing fancy but did the trick for my short stay in Ekaterinburg).

I asked for transfer to the airport which was quickly booked at a reasonable price.

Booked for 4000 RUB, so fair value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you very much for your good Feedback, we really appreciate it a lot that you took the time to write a review.

Looking forward to welcome back you again at park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel.

Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

I arrived first week of September. Restaurant, lobby and front desk are all in same area as soon as you enter, it actually shows cozy and warm. Check-in went smooth.
So far so good. Until I experienced the room. The rooms here are truly low low budget. As soon as I see shower curtains in hotel rooms I get shivers...The TV was small and the furniture cheap. The room was hot and turning the temperature down to cold did not help much. But all of this I can actually live with. The thing that bothers me is that hotels know that guests come for a good sleep but they do not provide this at all  The bed was decent but the noise I could hear coming from everywhere was dreadful. The sound of other hotel doors slamming all night and early in the morning. The sound of people above you flushing the toilet. The sound of people doing things you do not want to hear on the other side of the wall. I simply cannot believe why hotels don't invest in the fundament of running a hotel successfully: rest. Which means no sound from others when you don't want to. Furthermore small hair dryer that you used to see in hotels 15 years ago. No electricity outlet near the bed.
The restaurant had a good choice of menu options and all reasonably priced. Breakfast is fine, fruits being served however looked as if they came from unhealthy grounds.
For the rate I paid per night (5000 rubles including corporate discount), this hotel is far too expensive for what you receive for it.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Database M
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
We really appreciate it a lot that you took the time to write a review. I would like to thank you for the positive comments and can assure you that we will look into the things that you commented not so positive for further development.