“Average average average”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Yekaterinburg
“Average average average”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Even though the city does not really have a centre, this average hotel is not one I'd rush back to. Food was awful, and beaten hands down by every restaurant I went to. Room was ok although basic, cleaning average, shower average, telly rubbish etc.

Not much else to say I'm afraid. Average.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank D R
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
We really appreciate it a lot that you took the time to write a review. I would like to thank you for the comments and can assure you that we will look into the things that you commented not so positive for further development.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Pavia, Italy
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I've recently spent 6 nights at this hotel and had a very pleasant experience. My room was of a fair size and clean. Also it was quiet (facing the back on the 4th floor). The breakfast buffet was rich and tasty; I had dinner three times at the restaurant: fair prices and quite good food. I would have had dinner a fourth time but wasn't able as none of the waitresses on duty could speak a single word of English (they did not even understand I was there to eat). I consider this a minor faux-pas as most of the other members of staff could speak a reasonably good English (and in fact most of the customers were Russian). However, I'd recommend the management to make sure to have at least one English speaking waitress/waiter on duty at any time, just not to lose potential customers! On the plus side: very reliable and fast wifi connection in the room and very efficient transfer service from/to the airport. So, were I to be in Yekaterinburg again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emanuela C
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments. Taking time to share your experience with us in detail is very kind of you. We have evaluated all your feed back which is very important for us. I would like to ensure you that we will keep on focusing the team`s English skills development and make sure to have always English speaking team member on board at the Restaurant like other departments. We are looking forward to welcome you back at Park Inn by Radisson when your travel plans bring you back to Ekaterinburg.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and after a shaky check in with a receptionist who lacked any customer service skills we got to our room to find it the wrong one ad we upgraded to a business room - v nice!

The comfiest bed I have ever slept in! Really good!!

The restaurant (Magellan) was well priced and the waitress really nice! Good food and speedy service. It was here that we had the buffet breakfast, which again was really good!

Great location and the city is really easy to get around so no problems!

All in all a good stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank AsaMK
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your valuable comments with us. I would like to ensure you that we have evaluated your comments as our guests` comments are very useful for us to develop our services. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you back at Park Inn by Radisson whenever your travel plan occurs for Ekaterinburg.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many time over several years. The hotel is a good location, but it looking a little worn. This hotel has one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on - firm, yet soft. I seem to always have one problem at this hotel - the inability to make international calls from room. This problem has occurred several times over many years.

The hotel proudly displays a plaque from TripAdvisor, something I do not seem to see very often.

There are several museums near the hotel (e.g., a gemological and a military one) that are nice to visit. There are several good restaurants withing a couple minute walk of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel away from the elevator and main street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jungbird
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feed back. Our guests` comment count a lot for us which encourage and lead us to develop our services and product. We are proud of being recognized by our guests and awarded with `Top trendiest 20 hotels of Russia`, `Traveler`s Choice 2012` and `Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012` with our perfect location close to all business and leisure attraction centers and our service we deliver.

Best regards,
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

This is a very average standard hotel, without bells and whistles, that is in the center of the city and has decent prices.
Front desk was super helpful in my often special requests, from laundry to cab to room service. We hosted a seminar at the hotel and the amenities provided very sufficient, av, video, sound all worked great. Plus they had a tech guy on hand in case something goes wrong.
Room was good, I didnt care for the color scheme, but thats whatever.
Downstairs restaurant is pleasant and food was good. Non smoking section exists - it the last two tables in the corner of the smoking section. But hey, i guess they made an effort.
So overall, a good hotel for business for a few nights

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Galina M
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed positive comments. Our guests` comments count a lot for us which helps us to develop the hardware and software continuously. I am glad to hear that my colleagues have answered your expectation positively by serving promptly.
Thank you very much for choosing Park Inn by Radisson to stay during your Ekaterinburg visit and We are very much looking forward to welcome back you again.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is situated in the center of the city. The rooms are pretty clean, the breakfast is good.Flexibility is missing. First time I forgot my cosmetics kit including tooth brush, toothpaste, shampoo and balsam for hair. And they didn't have it in the business room and couldn't provide me with it. Second time there was so cold in the room and din't have a heater. I think that this is more important than a "handwritten" welcoming and 2 apples in the room. There's much more to improve.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tushkanchik220
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
First of I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson during your Ekaterinburg visit. Our guest comments count a lot for us and thank you very much for taking time to share your valuable comments. It is unfortunate that we had failed to serve you the extra amenities that you needed. In fact we keep all these amenities and more in our stock in case our guests need and request. We will refresh our process and the training to have more personalized service as we very much intend to.

Looking forward to welcome You back here at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple nights in February. The check-in process was efficient and the front desk staff were nice enough. The hotel is in a good location to explore the city on foot.

Our room was on level four and looked to have been recently renovated as the paint and all the furnishings were in excellent condition. The room itself was very basic but adequate for a couple of nights. We were supplied free bottled water and apples, which was a nice touch.

The breakfast was OK with a reasonably large selection of hot and cold options. The breakfast beverages need improvement though; the juices were too sugary-sweet and the coffee was pre-made in a jug. Also interesting to note, we ate breakfast twice in the hotel and were not acknowledged by the breakfast staff on either occasion.

I must agree with some of the earlier reviewers about the noise levels in this hotel. It always amazes why hotels are not better constructed to serve their main purpose of providing a good place to sleep. We could very clearly hear everything that our neighbors were doing, talking, using the bathroom, television, etc. Unfortunately my ear-plugs were no match for the noise being made by our neighbors, who were drunk and also watching the television with the sound up loud. At 3am the reception staff were kind enough to move us to another room. I thank the staff for moving us however I am also annoyed that this situation happened in the first place.

I have traveled extensively around Russia, and compared with other Russian hotels I have stayed in this is one of the better ones, hence the 4-star rating. It's clean and safe, so not a bad choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
PI_Ekaterinburg, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you very much for choosing Park Inn by Radisson during your visit to Ekaterinburg. Our guest comments count a lot for us and thank you very much for taking time to share your valuable comments with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will be evaluating all your comments to develop our service and product to a higher level.

We look forward to welcome you back again during your next visit.