“Felt like home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Al Khobar
United
“Felt like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at carlton hotel for 3 night my company booked for me at it was my first time i met lots of nice people there all taking care of my needs and helping me feel home.the hotel has a big variety of food and buffet is always delicious , rooms are clean and bid , i would stay there again and would tell my friends to do so.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Howard J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Gouda, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed here last week for work. Upon checkin I requested a non smoking room. the room was newly furnshed but they forgot to change the carpet which was filthy and worn. However the bed was ok I had a bad sleap due to the noise of the huge A/C engines just outside the room. The next day I requested a change. The friendly frontdesk staff tolld me that all the non smoking rooms were on the noisy side of the Hotel. but they had one room on the smoking side available but they used it as a non smoking room. Besides that this room had not been refitted yet and was old and worn I found a box of cigarettes and lighters in the mini bar.
Just like my room the food on the breakfast buffet was old as I found moldy bread on my plate. Overall this hotel is 'just ok'to stay in but definatelly not worth 5 star. For 100 SAR more you stay in the Holiday inn which is nearby and much cleaner and newer!

Room Tip: When you need to stay here request a smoking room to avoid the noice from the A/C engines
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 915Alexo

Travellers are raving about these Al Khobar hotels

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

If you end up at this hotel, avoid eating. After eating a small turkey sandwich at the conference I stayed at the hotel to attend, I had severe stomach troubles, ended up in the ER and spent a couple of days resting at home. It is not 100% determined that the hotel food caused this, but I believe it did. The food did not taste that good anyway.

In any case, this is an outdated facility located in the middle of no-where.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank EB1433
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel, is a fairly old hotel and though it says it is a 5 star it is seems like a 2 or 3 stars. I was doing a 10 day training session there for a client and though the banquet services were excellent, the room and the food was not something to write home about. The room that i was in was small, housekeeping bad, stained beds and chairs, old and leaking plumbing in the room.

The restaurants are very average, cuisine is a mix of arabic, mediterranean and with bits of italian thrown in. The buffet served was however very nice and a royal spread available on all days, though the taste was very very mediocre. Room Service was not at all good and the menu very lebanese. I usually would order a chicken sandwich was the best in the menu. I ordered a grilled chicken one day, but they sent me a cremated chicken and the room service refused to take my complaint as they said it was well done.

Saw very few international guests, mostly people from the Middle east. The banquet services were good and the staff there very helpful.

If you have to be in that area then, there are there choices like sofitel, this hotel is not a preferred place, but then if you client hosts you there, ... enjoy the buffet!

Room Tip: HIgher rooms are recommended but ask for the newly furbished rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anirudh G
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Not easy to review this hotel, it is not 'standard'. Details:

1- My room was in the third floor. It was ok. By curiosity I checked the second and fourth floors, they looked really old and in bad shape. It seems the hotel is being renovated, which explains the old bad reviews.

2- The hotel rates itself as 5 star, but this could not be possible. Especially that some regulars I met there consider it a 4-star. Caricaturically, I felt it it is a 4 star mimicking a 5-star one. Sorry guys, despite all your efforts, Quality is by no-means 5-star, especially food.

3- My room had a high-end 4-star look, the bathroom was very good. You feel that houskeeping is lazy (dust everywhere, stains on carpet)

4- The reception area and lobby are elegant and nice to meet in.

5- True what has been said about restaurants randomely close. Still it is understandable and have seen it in many hotels before, especially with low occupancy and buffet dinner styles. I tried the Mexican one, it was good.

6- I cannot really comment on service because I normally avoid asking much in hotels. I asked for a sandwich at midnight and got it in my room in 15 min. I think this is good.

7- VALUE: is what you really get in this hotel. I found 120usd room rate acceptable. A buffet dinner for 30usd. Minibar is really cheap: never been charged before as low as 2usd for a coke and 3 for a perrier.

A major shortcoming, as in most hotels, is the internet wi-fi rate. Ridiculous 7usd per hour!!! with weak coverage. Don't hotels feel embarrassed keep expensively charging clients for a service you can pick up for free in any coffe shop (if not even in some busy shopping streets)?

In summary, if you are in 1 to 3 day business trip and not working from hotel, this hotel is recommended for the good value. The five points I grant are in this context: a really good 4-star hotel

If you expect certified 5-star standards, don't bother go there and then trash hotel with a bad review

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve on Third Floor. Get a room that starts with number 3
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Traveler_a66
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I've read the older reviews with some surprise. I've found the standard of service and cleanliness to be very good. I'm running a course here and the conference staff have been very helpful. I'd definitely use it again.

• Stayed December 2011
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

First night spent in a room above the AC motors. It was like sleeping on an airplane, I then asked to move to another bedroom.

The rooms are coming straight from the 60ies.

On the last night I had one guy entering my bedroom at 4:30am!!!
He just checked-in and he was assigned my bedroom!!!

Had a pair of brand new trousers (150$) ruined by the laundry service after giving specific instruction on how to wash.
I was offered 15$ to pay for the damage and I haven't even seen that money.

I left in disgust as soon as possible!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business