“Old but holding up”

Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The furniture is extremely old and there was some cracks on the walls and the bathroom floor. I can not compliant about cleanliness of the hotel. Staff are friendly. Breakfast was dull.

For the price and sleep quality i would stay there again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

An old hotel decorated very badly
Poor service awful food very expensive
Every day same food
One restaurant have been divided to 6
With this price u find great luxury hotels in alkhobar or Dammam I'll recommend it for any one

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

When I choose this Hotel i thought it located in Khobar Area but it's located in Al-Rakah Area (between Khobar & Dammam), rooms is not that big, although staff are very polite.

For 2 Days I was requesting for a Extra Mattress but they keep going we are out of it when I told them I will buy one, then they provide as manger of Duty said (Ok give him the last one) honestly I got shocked why he waits to the last minute to provide me a Mattress?

Rooms are very small, furniture need to be changed, windows were not clean, even hotel gate is not secure they are using a manual car stopper, there is a sign saying (resident is responsible for car safety) for sure with such security procedure I will be responsible for it.

When I was checking out they accused me that I Broke The Bath Tub, I told them I found it just like that & I was requesting to change my room
and the staff was about to charge me yet he call some guy name
Bassam who told them it's ok let him go.

I never been humiliated in any hotel only Happened in Carlton Al-Moaibed, I suggest to the owner to Re-Furniture the Hotel and Change Hotel Gates with Modern Ones.

I don't know how this Hotel Ranked 5 Stars it should be Ranked between 3 to 4 Stars only.

For Visitors I don't recommend this Hotel for Family, newly Wed nor
Couple, it will suitable for Business Trip or Single Visitor.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Murad A
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staff pleasant and friendly. Room cleaning not always up to standard. Nice pool spoiled by rough surroundings. Out of five restaurants only one was open on some days. Food average. Hotel needs a little TLC.

Room Tip: For non-smokers beware of the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Unfortunately stayed at this hotel during Ramadan, so have not had the same experience I may have had outside this period. The rooms are ok, food is ok, conference facilities ok.
Good friendly help from the front desk staff, cleaning staff and serving staff. Did not have to wait for too long for any services at this hotel.
Staff always helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013

the rooms are ok.not that big, but the main problem is that staff is slow and service is not that good. when i asked to ,akeup my room twice they said we makeup the room only once in a day.kids area was just two slides and no lawn or garden to speak of.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrs_waqas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A one week stay that incorporated use of their conference facilities. Had a person dedicated to all my conference needs, which were minimal as they already had everything set up. I did not start one day without at least one person checking to ensure everything was okay. Nice buffet's every day, if you were hungry at the end of the day, it was your fault. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business