“Straight forward business nights”

Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Nice building and nice set up. Reception and lobby are spacious and process is quick and simple. Staff friendly. The rooms are decent, nothing exuberant but comfortable. The A/C is noisy. It seems to be a trend in this town! The dinner buffet is all right. And the breakfast buffet is very good and here, opens early and accept the very early birds who have to leave very early.
This is where I would always stay for business trips to Khobar.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Mr Karimkh,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche Al Khobar.

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.

I would like to apologize for the A/C inconvenient, rest assure all the corrective measure with the maintenance department will be taken to ensure these defects will be rectify.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for have chosen Holiday Inn Corniche as your favorite hotel, and we are looking forward to see you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Though Khobar has many good hotels, I felt that this stay was a great value for money. Excellent service , clean rooms , a very cosy hotel, good restaurant and a very convinient location....on the whole a very satisfying experience

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Mr Pandit,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.

Your acknowledgment are the results of our continue hard working and dedications to make every guest experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The property is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed. The restaurant was great and the serviced was excellent. The lobby was large and a comfortable place to hold informal meetings. There was a gentleman serving Arabic coffee and dates who was charming and generous! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Cheryl,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed for 6 nights here last month while on a Business trip to the Kingdom. Check in was a bit slow, took about 15 minutes. The hotel is spread across a large area, so I had my room in one corner while my friends were in another. The room was clean, with a tiny balcony, which is more ornamental than useful.. Room service was slow, and frequently missed out parts of the order. The free WiFi was excruciatingly slow at times, and sometimes, not working at all. When I enquired with the reception, I was told that the hotel was full and all the guests were accessing wifi! I thought the wifi was there for the guests to access!!! The selection of TV channels was poor, like in most Saudi hotels. The breakfast spread is quite good, and the food is tasty. The hotel location was very convenient, and for the price we paid, it was good value for the money, but I am not sure if I will stay here again... there are now newer hotels coming up in Khobar, and I will be tempted to try out one of them the next time I am here....
PS: Don't miss the Arabic coffee (gawa) which is served in the lobby- awesome!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche,

Thank you very much for your review with the relative feedback on trip advisor.

It is only with constructive remark from valuable customer like yourself that we can improve constantly and train our staff to deliver the standard suppose too.

I am glad you found our Hotel a good value for money spent

Looking forward to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

i checked in for three nights on a business trip to Jubail and Khobar, flying in via Dammam airport; This wasnt my first trip to Saudi or this hotel. My second experience was not as pleasant or welcoming as my first; The personnel manning the food section need to learn its human to simply say hello and ask if someone will have a glass of water or juice; when this basic human interaction doesnt exist in a hotel where people come in for a stay the experience is somewhat stunted - and inhuman; It costs nothing for demonstrating basic human courtesy to visiting guests.

Room Tip: choose rooms near the reception, and avoid the rooms at the fare end of the corridor; i stayed in ro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Mr Awori,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.

I would like to express my most sincerely apology concerning your last experience at the Holiday Inn Corniche

Our core value and service do not reflect what you had experiences.

If you could please contact me at my email address i.botta@hicorniche.com to redeem such experience I will be honor to do so.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Everything was perfect. When my friend and I arrived in this hotel, we were greeted with wide smiles from the receptionist and check-in only took for 5 mins. When we got our room, it was perfect. The beds were smooth, the carpet, the design, and everything were just perfect but when I got to the bathroom, I found some hair strands on the tub but it's OK.When I went out for lunch in A La Carte, the staff was amazing. He greeted us with a smile and amicably talked to us and took our order even though he needs to go back and forth to ask the Chef since we ordered the Main Dish and Seafood of the Day. But when I went out to take some dip on their pool, I was shocked coz I was thinking they have one. I am not sure if that was a pool or just a fountain but still the view compensated for lacking of swimming facilities.
So, to sun it up. My whole weekend stay in this hotel was amazing and almost perfect. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.

I do apologize if we did not provide a standard swimming pool, thus in the future we will open a new Spa with a state of the art techno gym.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Airport pick up and check in were very smooth and swift, much appreciated due to the late check in and I needed to eat something and hit the bed. The room itself is small, but the bed is very comfortable and the TV channels are well varied.

Room service was quick but had some hair in my salad, and the pizza could be much better than the way I had it,

Breakfast went ok, seemed so rich, but I tried only the sliced fruits and the coffee corner for a fresh start of the day.

Nothing more to eat during my stay, as I became kind of afraid to eat anything.

The furniture in the room is of good quality, but there were some spots and glitter on the corner chair that comes very hard. There was a very long hair in the bathroom. Other than that, everything else in the room was very good.

The hotel price is very competitive and is suitable for long stays, but mine was only for one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear ElBob65,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you mentioned the excellent check in process. However, I was disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guests in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W