“Not the best Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent a night in this hotel, it looks ok. Despite my platinum status with IHG, I was given a standard room claiming that no rooms available for the upgrade. Room was full of stains on the floor and was tired. Food is ok and staff were friendly. I would say, Crowne Plaza or Intercont in Al khobar will make a better substitute.

1  Thank Mark M
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Mr. Mark,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche Al Khobar.

Thank you very much for the review on trip advisor with your feedback which as a valuable IHG platinum member are very important to us.

IHG Platinum members are entitle to room upgrade only upon availability, during your stay the hotel was fully booked therefore we could not fulfill your wishes.

I do apologize concerning the stains on the carpet, please rest assure Mr. Mark all the possible corrective actions will be taken with the housekeeping and maintenance department.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for have chosen Holiday Inn Corniche as your favorite hotel, and we are looking forward to see you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stay at Holiday Inns all over the US but this was the first one I've been to in the Middle East and it is nice! Great, friendly staff, very helpful! the hotel is nice, clean with an awesome buffet and good room service menu. the Moroccan tea is the best in town!
the exercise room is a little on the small size but there wasn't any competition for it so it's not an issue! the rooms are nice and have universal outlets for US style plugs
this hotel also has a really good nightly rate probably the best deal in Khobar price vs. comfort!
I plan on staying here every time I'm in town

Dear Mr. Joe,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche Al Khobar.

Thank you very much for your excellent review on trip advisor.

I am really pleased you found the hotel up to your standard in every aspect, concerning the Gym we are opening a new Spa in July where there will be a fitness center with the newest equipment on the market.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

every think was ok cleaning, food, reception , but the breakfast and landry are very expensive.. i hope ti reduce the price, also enetrance its too far from the street .....................................................................

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Mr. Khalid,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Business oriented , good location , helpful staff , good rooms , enough amnesties and free internet . breakfast is fair . easily accessible from the airport . the only challenge is that first time it is not identified on a GPS so you may be lost if driving .it doesn't show ( Corniche)
so take the address "King Faisal Street"
good hotel for business purposes

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Decent stay for the price. The room service is surprisingly good with reasonable choices through out the day.. The gym is namesake and there's no pool.. Good choice for those travelling on business... Wouldn't recommend for family stay since not many amenities for kids..

Rooms were well appointed and cozy. There was some construction going on beside the hotel and the vibrations could be felt in the room. Nothing notable about the views from the balcony...

Overall, a cool place to stay in during the summer :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Aneeth,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.

I would like to apologize for the noise you experience in your room, we are opening a new Spa and at the end of the month this inconvenient will be over.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

From the moment we walked into the Holiday Inn at Al Khobar we felt like welcomed guests. Reception staff were warm and friendly and we were served cold refreshments while waiting for the paperwork to be done. There was also traditional Arabic coffee being served in the foyer.
The room was clean with all the usual expectations of a 5 star hotel.and overlooked the pool. Wifi was free and fast. Good selection of TV channels. Breakfast offered a nice selection. There is a large ballroom available for functions and while we were staying a wedding was being held.
There is a small gym but adequate - I only had the energy to look at it! and the outdoor area looks nice but too hot during the day unless you head out early morning or in the evening.
There is a neat little coffee shop that served great cappuccino's.
Security at the hotel is very tight.
Great little spot to stay but be careful as there are more than one Holiday Inn in Al Khobar - we managed to arrive at the wrong one but would suggest the Corniche location to be the better of the two.
Excellent spot for families, children or weekend getaways and of course...weddings.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
hicornicheAlKhobar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche Al Khobar.

Thank you very much for your good review on trip advisor.

Your acknowledgment are the results of our continue hard working and dedications to make every guest experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Cornishe- Al Khobar for over a week on business. It is important to note I am a female travelling alone on business, as this plays a huge part in the overall experience and environment of the hotel.

I am usually not a fan at all of the Holiday Inn brand, and tend to stay at the Sofitel (Accor), Four Seasons, or W hotel chains when available. However I was recommended this Holiday Inn by a colleague and have been extremely pleasantly surprised.

The location of the hotel is excellent- about 5 minutes drive to the new Cornishe, and close to amenities and restaurants. The hotel is only two stories, therefore looks more like a series of villas than a typical Holiday Inn.

The rooms are much bigger and well decorated than I would have expected from a Holiday Inn, looking more like a mid-5* than a 4* hotel, with plenty of storage and a huge King bed, as well as a sofa with views giving onto the courtyard pool.

The bathroom, albeit small, is functional, although the water temperature in the shower has a mind of its own- going from freezing to scalding in the manner of seconds. My only complaint is the quality of bathing products they provide to customers. These are extremely bad quality, and between the Dove shower gel/ shampoo or other shower gel which has the composition of cleaning detergent- it is best to bring your own and avoid.

Housekeeping, although extremely friendly and willing to please are inconsistent. You have to remind them to hoover, bring more towels and clean all surfaces of the room. I have however experienced this decrease in Housekeeping efforts at hotels all over the world, including in 5* (my theory is the longer the stay, the less effort made). However, they have always been willing to oblige promptly and efficiently when I have called.

Room service is excellent. The actual quality of the food has been good (I have known much worst and "better" establishments)- but it is specifically the service I would like to commend. The staff are polite, very friendly, and give these little touches which makes you feel at home. They soon realized I am an avid drinker of sparkling water, and upon every order bring me one or two bottles free of charge with my order. It is these little touches as a customer which makes me feel appreciated. The same goes for the restaurant staff, where they see me in the morning and know to bring me an espresso by the pool without even having to ask.

The hotel is business friendly and has wifi in all the rooms, including outside by the pool (where I am writing this from now). The pool is family/ female friendly and a woman alone does not feel uncomfortable here (but then again I am coming in from Riyadh) although I would recommend avoiding it after dark for logical reasons. Note to women however, the pool is male exclusive- therefore one has to resist the temptation of dipping toes to cool off.

My only criticism would be their "no-taxi" policy. Only hotel cars are available at the charge of SR80 p/h. This is a good price if travelling to Khobar/ Dammam- but is ridiculous if you need to get dropped off down the street. I however had an excellent driver, Ali, who patiently waited when I had meetings, and was polite and courteous. Hotel location is also convenient if you need to go to Aramco/ KFUPM/ Dhahran Techno Valley- and more pleasant than staying at the other Holiday Inn Al-Khobar in terms of overall location, as the other branch is located off a highway.

Overall, I am experiencing an excellent stay- and have arranged for a corporate deal with this particular hotel (I run my own business). This nonetheless remains the only Holiday Inn I would consider staying in anywhere in the region. I would recommend this hotel for longer stays due to the overall quality and value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gounasse

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Corniche Al Khobar.

Thank you very much for your good review on trip advisor.

I would like to apologize if our bathroom amenities were not up to the standard you were looking forward, rest assure Madam we take these comments really serious from value guest like yourself because only with such feedback we will constantly improving our overall operation.

All the corrective measure will be taken by the housekeeping department.