Crowne Plaza Al Khobar
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
US$150
US$143
Al Gosaibi Hotel(Al Khobar)
US$114
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprimavera restaurantexcellent servicehealth clubroom boyroom servicehouse keepingkeep up the good workgreat roomclub loungespecial thankshousekeeping staffexcellent hotelmany thankssecond homeswimming poolpleasant stayrecommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Liked the basement parking and the rooms are spacious. Suites has so so many doors though.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Nassertj
CrownePlaza_AlKhobar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Al Khobar. We thank you for sparing time to share your comments about our hotel. Our guest comments are invaluable to us, as it gives us the opportunity to measure our goal in being a Great Hotel Guests Love. We look forward to your next visit.

Adel Al Mahboob

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Nice large rooms at a reasonable price. Surprisingly quiet considering the major tunnelling outside on the main road.
Buffet style evening meal and breakfast. Reasonable quality and slightly above average price if you were to take a trip into Khobar. Unfortunately the Oriental restaurant was closed. For possible refurbishment?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TurboKev
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The hotel itself is great. Brand new and nice rooms. Stayed there twice already. Also some nice additions like calming pillow spray were available which made it a fairly memorable stay. I would come back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank larsdominic
CrownePlaza_AlKhobar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again to Crowne Plaza Al Khobar.

Adel Al Mahboob

Reviewed 6 March 2011

The hotel is conveniently located at Khobar main entrance from Dhahran Street. It right opposite to Rashid Mall. I stayed in a suite which was roomy. It had a separate living room with a dining table, LCD TV, sofa set, computer desk and chair. There was also a refrigerator, coffee and tea supplies. The suite had two bathrooms. I liked the room a lot. What I did not like about the hotel was the parking which was really horrible. The parking entrance is located behind the hotel building. The parking is so tight and it was very had for me to park a full size SUV in there!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliAlAwadh
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I'm a Platinum Royal Ambassador of ICH and have been to many of its properties around the world. Crowne Plaza Hotel AL KHOBAR is the worst.

* The rooms are average.

* The service is horrible. And you will get the feeling that no one cares about you there. I asked for the daily newspapers, never received it. Called the house keeping and asked them to clean my room. Got back to the hotel after 2 hours to find my room as is. Called them again and notified them about what happened and asked again but no one came. Called again but the line was busy for 5 minutes. Went down to the reception and asked him to call them as I'm going out to pick-up a friend of mine to my room. He called them in front of me and confirmed with them to clean my room........ Got my friend and went back to the hotel to find my room never touched !
I went to the reception and explained the situation and he promised me that they will be at my room any minute now. And believe it or not , but they came after 30 minutes where i refused to have them, as my guest was already in the room and i managed to do some cleaning !

* Asked for an adapter , received it after 25 minutes.

* Was told at check-in that the internet is free. Found that is not !

* Even the common question at check-out " How was your stay " is not asked.

Bottom line , if you can add around $60 per night , i highly recommend the Intercontinental , which is 10-15 minutes from this one.
OR
Go to the Holiday-Inn AL KHOBAR - CORNICHE and PAY LESS for about the same rooms with better service. And it's also only 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo