“Excellent people with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Al Khobar
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Al Khobar
Quezon City
“Excellent people with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Last Monday, 10th of March 2014, was my first time to be in the Middle East particularly in Dammam & Al Khobar. (Thanks to my job, I am able to see the beauty and challenge of seeing different cultures.) We stayed in Crown Plaza Hotel in Al Khobar and in spite of being new to the place, the hotel's ambiance was so cheerful & friendly to us especially because of the very accommodating hotel staff. Most were filipinos & we, filipinos, are known for hospitality & hardwork.

Special mention to Mr. Robert, Mr. Kenneth, Mr. Allan & Mr. Bimbo who took care all our needs & requests as guests of the hotel. I would also like to mention the warm service of the non-filipino staff (sorry Im not good in remembering other non-filipino names) like the waiter from Indonesia and the locals, like for example our driver who drove us to & from the airport & the mall, the one wearing the national clothes who welcomed us when we arrived & the one who cooked my omelette, that was really delicious. They were great! The management, , in spite of the different culture, was able to create an outstanding team that ran the hotel smoothly & made the guests feel comfortable and satisfied.

Moreover, the room was cozy & beautiful. Me & my colleague had a room with 2 single beds & even a living room area with couches!:) the bed was really soft and relaxing, I slept like a baby from a very tiring flight from Manila. The bathroom was very clean with its oh-so fragrant soap, body wash, lotion & the soft & clean bathrobe & towels! I also love the complimentary fruits, biscuits, chocolate, coffee and tea that they offer. I've seen other rooms with king-sized bed that seems like an executive room. Love love it! Especially the bedtime relaxing spray & roll-on thay I've used when I went to sleep.

Last but not the least, the buffet breakfast in primavera restaurant was incredible! Delicious & savory arabic cuisine! :) A must try!

I'm sure to bid for A dammam flight again so I can stay again in that hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Joselle,

Many thanks for sparing time from your busy schedule to write a review about your stay in our hotel and for giving us a 5-star rating. We are very happy to know that we succeeded in making your first visit to KSA a very happy one. Your appreciation of our staff is noted and we will be recognizing them in our next colleagues’ event.

We hope to welcome you again to Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Acting General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is having idea location and easy to access city, corniche, malls.
Reception staff are good and friendly.
Room service is good
Food is good in taste but they have to increase the variety in room inn dinning and in buffet specially breakfast and midnight meal as compared to Movenpick and Le Meridian.
House keeping is very cooperative and efficient specially I would like to highlight staff named by Haseeb, who is very efficient, hard worker and professional in his arena. I will surely recommend this particular staff to obtain service

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Allet s,

Thank you for sparing your time to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We appreciate everything you have said in your comments; we will definitely look into improving the variety in food. Thank you for informing us.

Your appreciation of Haseeb's work is noted and he will be recognized at the next colleagues event.

We hope to welcome you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here on business for two weeks and enjoyed the experience. The room was large, comfortable and well presented. Staff were friendly and hospitable. The location is good, in close proximity to two shopping malls and other amenities. Extra services such as the restaurant or room service were however quite expensive.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Bimco63,

Thank you for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are happy to know you had a pleasant and relaxing stay. With regards to our F&B prices; the prices are based on 5 Star hotel prices, however let us know if you have any particular concerns and we will look in to it.
We hope to welcome you back again and assure you of our best services at all times.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay in Crowne plaza at once or twice a month as I travel for Business to Khobar, KSA.
while the hotel is better than other hotels in the area, it's still below average compared to 5 star hotels in other parts of the world.
the rooms are ok, old fashioned furniture, and also the service.

The most annoying thing about this place is the food, the restaurants are really bad, while all of them follow the buffet style, none of the restaurants have quality food. The food is absolutely tasteless and the poorly presented. They've been serving the same breakfast for years! no change at all, sometimes I feel that they keep it from one day to another.

The gym is ok , and does the job, they also have a decent pool.

The location is also good as it's in the centre of Khobar surrounded by many malls.

in General, it's an average hotel for Business travellers.

Room Tip: if you want a good WIFI choose the rooms in the centre like 526 or 326
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Mo Z,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We are very sorry for the poor service you experienced with our F&B. We have conducted a very detailed investigation and taken the necessary steps to correct the areas mentioned by you. We assure you that we do not serve the previous day’s food however it is a major concern to us to know that we have not succeeded in making you happy. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. If you decide to stay with us again and you notice any shortfall, it is your right to immediately inform me or the relevant department manager so we could take care of it then and there.

Al Khobar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've been staying at this hotel as a business traveller for most of the last 5 months and have to stay for another 3 (won't go into why). Frankly my initial impression was excellent and the review I put on here reflected that. But sadly it has gone down hill since then.

Let's start with the good. Very nicely presented hotel, always clean and really friendly staff (although too few staff is one of their problems). The rooms are generally very good, so long as you get one with a window that does not look out onto a wall!

My main problem with the hotel is the inconsistency of the food and service. The worst service we have ever had when eating in the hotel was over 1 hour for the DRINKS to arrive - forget the food which took even longer!

The food is quite often fantastic, but sadly it's so inconsistent it's unbelievable. No guest in a 5* hotel should have to ask for the food to be served hot, but I find myself increasingly doing that whenever I order. Don't get me wrong, I can (and often do) eat out, but every now and then after a long day in the office I'd like to be able to get good quality food from my 5* hotel restaurants. Instead it's a gamble with cold food, stale bread, over cooked vegetables and reheated rice just some of the obstacles.

The main Primavera restaurant is usually excellent and reliable (but quite pricey), but the room service is hit and miss, the executive lounge food is more often cold and horrible, I've even seen them put out the breakfast cereal (uncovered) the night before and then they wonder why the cereals are stale in the morning!!!

Food served to the lobby cafe/bar is hit and miss again, sometimes great but you have to push.

Seriously guys, if you want to retain your 5* rating, "Get A Grip! and sort your kitchens out!". Keep in consistent and stop leaving food to go cold before you serve it.

The ratings below record a "Terrible" for Breakfast. This is to cover the whole dining experience in the hotel which can be excellent, but is so often way way below par.

Dear Mr. John G.,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry for the poor service you have been experiencing during your stay. We have conducted a very detailed investigation and taken the necessary steps to correct the areas mentioned by you. Guest Satisfaction is our key priority and we want to know of any shortfall you may notice or experience during your stay so, please be free to contact me or the relevant manager directly or even request us to call you back and we will definitely contact you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel was excellent. It had everything you need (nice rooms, aromatherapy kit, good temperature control) after coming off a long flight and the services provided were useful (good car rental and driver hire, decent restaurants). It is a short walk to the Venezia Mall (not much there) and a slightly longer walk to the Al Rachid Mall (includes big Carrefour supermarket and much better shops). The airport pickup and drop off service just takes the complication out of the whole thing. The staff were attentive and friendly and I particularly liked, as an elite member, the lounge on the top floor for our use with drinks and snacks. Well done, I would come here again.

Room Tip: Try and get into tower A as it is nearer the breakfast restaurant, and the executive lounge is in th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear FrequentTraveller921,

Many thanks for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel, the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar. We appreciate the 5-star rating you gave us and we are happy to know that you see us as an excellent business hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel and remain at your service at all times.

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I will not comment on the hotel itself as you can get that information from the other reviews. I am going to share with you a particular experience I had during my one night stay.

I checked in around 9pm and felt feverish so I asked for some Panadol at 10:30pm. The hotel did not have any which was quiet a disappointment as this is a very standard medication. I asked for some and several calls and FOUR hours later, I got some Panadol DAY!! The only problem is that it was 2:30am so I could not take that so that called for Round 2 of repetitive calls and complains until I finally got the correct paracetamol at 4am!!!

It is sad to know that when in need, one can not count on these 5 star properties!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mr. FrequentTraveler,

Thank you for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and would like to inform you that we have taken the necessary steps to fix this issue in future. We value your patronage and we always strive towards keeping our guest happy. We hope this will not deter you from returning to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar.

Asst. General Manager