“Very friendly”

Crowne Plaza Al Khobar
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A quality hotel with very friendly and efficient staff.
Mohamed who cleaned the room was excellent, making sure water, coffee etc was topped up and done well to tidy up my mess.
I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on value as my work footed the bill.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear KendoFor,

Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar.

Many thanks for sharing your comments about your stay experience in our hotel and for also giving us a 5 stars rating. We have noted your commendation of our colleague Mohamed and we will be recognizing him at the next colleagues’ event.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Coming from the Western world (England) to Saudi Arabia for the first time I was very nervous. I didn't know what to expect and when I missed my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to Dammam and had to detour via Qatar you can imagine I was growing concerned.
I finally arrived at Dammam airport 6 hours later than planned, had missed my pick-up driver and was on my own. The taxi driver flew down what seemed a straight road for a good 40 minutes before dropping me off at the Crowne Plaza. My case was passed through a security machine and I walked through a detector. I felt assured and safe. The lobby was beautiful - even after travelling for over 24 hours I noticed this. I checked in and my case was carried to my room for me. I stayed in a deluxe room (number 233) and as was greeted with a plate of fresh fruit. Getting to bed at 5am, I slept right through until 12 noon - the curtains are total blackouts and I had no idea until I looked outside how hot it was due to the easy-to-control air conditioning.
I am here for two weeks in total but felt compelled to write now after visiting the fitness suite. As religion is a thing to be respected when visiting the Middle East I was concerned of ever doing any thing that may be frowned upon. I asked the gentlemen on the reception of the gym about walking around/using the pool and he relaxed me and made me feel at home. He gave me a towel and said you are fine in shorts and if you want to throw the towel over your shoulders as you walk between pool/spa/Jacuzzi/etc - the whole fitness suite is awesome, make time to use it!
The reception is very relaxed and I now feel at home speaking to my fiancé on facetime down there. I find a corner and don't have my phone on too loud, but it's things like this that I worried about and it really is very relaxed here. Indeed the hotel represents the Saudi people for me, they are very helpful and kind. I had a problem with my phone line not being able to dial out and this issue was promptly sorted out with an engineer ringing my doorbell within minutes. I also used room service for a chicken caeser salad - a huge plate with various breads delivered within ten minutes for 30SAR (£5!!) The bathrooms are delightful and the beds are very comfy. If I get the opportunity I would definitely visit again but right now I am going to make the most of the ten nights I have left! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Thank you very much for giving us a great review with a 5 stars rating. We assure you that you will continue to feel at home throughout the remaining of your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice this month and I must say I always get a complete and great experience. The quality of service and amenities tops all the other hotels I've been to. More power to Crowne Plaza. Can't wait to visit it's other branches :)

Room Tip: For rest and relaxation purposes, I highly recommend that you stay at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar. If it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Mr. Briones,

Thank you for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel and for also giving us a 5 star rating. We are very happy to know you had a great experience staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Last Monday, 10th of March 2014, was my first time to be in the Middle East particularly in Dammam & Al Khobar. (Thanks to my job, I am able to see the beauty and challenge of seeing different cultures.) We stayed in Crown Plaza Hotel in Al Khobar and in spite of being new to the place, the hotel's ambiance was so cheerful & friendly to us especially because of the very accommodating hotel staff. Most were filipinos & we, filipinos, are known for hospitality & hardwork.

Special mention to Mr. Robert, Mr. Kenneth, Mr. Allan & Mr. Bimbo who took care all our needs & requests as guests of the hotel. I would also like to mention the warm service of the non-filipino staff (sorry Im not good in remembering other non-filipino names) like the waiter from Indonesia and the locals, like for example our driver who drove us to & from the airport & the mall, the one wearing the national clothes who welcomed us when we arrived & the one who cooked my omelette, that was really delicious. They were great! The management, , in spite of the different culture, was able to create an outstanding team that ran the hotel smoothly & made the guests feel comfortable and satisfied.

Moreover, the room was cozy & beautiful. Me & my colleague had a room with 2 single beds & even a living room area with couches!:) the bed was really soft and relaxing, I slept like a baby from a very tiring flight from Manila. The bathroom was very clean with its oh-so fragrant soap, body wash, lotion & the soft & clean bathrobe & towels! I also love the complimentary fruits, biscuits, chocolate, coffee and tea that they offer. I've seen other rooms with king-sized bed that seems like an executive room. Love love it! Especially the bedtime relaxing spray & roll-on thay I've used when I went to sleep.

Last but not the least, the buffet breakfast in primavera restaurant was incredible! Delicious & savory arabic cuisine! :) A must try!

I'm sure to bid for A dammam flight again so I can stay again in that hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Joselle,

Many thanks for sparing time from your busy schedule to write a review about your stay in our hotel and for giving us a 5-star rating. We are very happy to know that we succeeded in making your first visit to KSA a very happy one. Your appreciation of our staff is noted and we will be recognizing them in our next colleagues’ event.

We hope to welcome you again to Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is having idea location and easy to access city, corniche, malls.
Reception staff are good and friendly.
Room service is good
Food is good in taste but they have to increase the variety in room inn dinning and in buffet specially breakfast and midnight meal as compared to Movenpick and Le Meridian.
House keeping is very cooperative and efficient specially I would like to highlight staff named by Haseeb, who is very efficient, hard worker and professional in his arena. I will surely recommend this particular staff to obtain service

Dear Allet s,

Thank you for sparing your time to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We appreciate everything you have said in your comments; we will definitely look into improving the variety in food. Thank you for informing us.

Your appreciation of Haseeb's work is noted and he will be recognized at the next colleagues event.

We hope to welcome you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here on business for two weeks and enjoyed the experience. The room was large, comfortable and well presented. Staff were friendly and hospitable. The location is good, in close proximity to two shopping malls and other amenities. Extra services such as the restaurant or room service were however quite expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Bimco63,

Thank you for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are happy to know you had a pleasant and relaxing stay. With regards to our F&B prices; the prices are based on 5 Star hotel prices, however let us know if you have any particular concerns and we will look in to it.
We hope to welcome you back again and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay in Crowne plaza at once or twice a month as I travel for Business to Khobar, KSA.
while the hotel is better than other hotels in the area, it's still below average compared to 5 star hotels in other parts of the world.
the rooms are ok, old fashioned furniture, and also the service.

The most annoying thing about this place is the food, the restaurants are really bad, while all of them follow the buffet style, none of the restaurants have quality food. The food is absolutely tasteless and the poorly presented. They've been serving the same breakfast for years! no change at all, sometimes I feel that they keep it from one day to another.

The gym is ok , and does the job, they also have a decent pool.

The location is also good as it's in the centre of Khobar surrounded by many malls.

in General, it's an average hotel for Business travellers.

Room Tip: if you want a good WIFI choose the rooms in the centre like 526 or 326
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Mo Z,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We are very sorry for the poor service you experienced with our F&B. We have conducted a very detailed investigation and taken the necessary steps to correct the areas mentioned by you. We assure you that we do not serve the previous day’s food however it is a major concern to us to know that we have not succeeded in making you happy. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. If you decide to stay with us again and you notice any shortfall, it is your right to immediately inform me or the relevant department manager so we could take care of it then and there.