“Friendly Staff”

Crowne Plaza Al Khobar
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel staff is very polite and helpful. Mr. Burham ensures the room is clean and asks daily if the room needs attention. Mr. Burham always has a friendly attitude and very positive. Mr. Burham is always on time when preparing the room so as not to disturb later on in the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Correy T,

Thank you for your comments and for the 5 stars. Your commendation of our colleague Burhan is on file and we have thanked him for his positive and caring attitude during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hotel was great , room was spotless ,cleaned every day by Ashraful who was a really nice,helpful guy !
Lesure facilities good ,gym,steam room ,sauna an pool all fairly welled sized
Couple of restaurant which look good and well priced

Dear JohnPBell,

We are very happy to know that you like our hotel and thank you for the 5 stars rating. We thanked Ashraful for doing a great job in cleaning your room and for being helpful, we informed him that you are very happy with the service. It is very encouraging for us to learn from our Guest’s that our colleagues are doing a great job. We appreciate the time you have spent to talk about us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Fairly frequent visitor to Al Khobar, I stayed here for the first time, having been very disappointed by Sofitel's treatment in recent weeks and by their apathetic, condescending response to my TA review. By contrast, the guys on reception at this hotel were friendly and made a point of not keeping me waiting - a very good first impression.

The room was spacious with a seating area. The bathroom was also fine, though the walk-in shower was more of a drizzle than a shower. Not a serious issue. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Everything worked.

The view was not one to be proud of - the other tower of the building and nothing else. However, I was not there long enough for this to be an issue.o

Check-out was quick.

The only thing I did not particularly like the was underground the car park which was very tight for anything other than a small/medium car. That said, it was free and there was space available. Parking is otherwise difficult in this area.

Would I stay here again? Yes, happy to.

Dear Abrar,

Thank you for your encouraging comments about your first stay in our hotel and we are very happy to know that you would stay with us again. Sorry about the tight car parking facility, in fact we have been looking for additional parking space even near to the hotel however we have not being able to find a suitable area as yet. Please note that this is an improvement that we are very keen on providing to our guests and will continue to look for a remedy. We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our best services at all times.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

A quality hotel with very friendly and efficient staff.
Mohamed who cleaned the room was excellent, making sure water, coffee etc was topped up and done well to tidy up my mess.
I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on value as my work footed the bill.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear KendoFor,

Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar.

Many thanks for sharing your comments about your stay experience in our hotel and for also giving us a 5 stars rating. We have noted your commendation of our colleague Mohamed and we will be recognizing him at the next colleagues’ event.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Coming from the Western world (England) to Saudi Arabia for the first time I was very nervous. I didn't know what to expect and when I missed my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to Dammam and had to detour via Qatar you can imagine I was growing concerned.
I finally arrived at Dammam airport 6 hours later than planned, had missed my pick-up driver and was on my own. The taxi driver flew down what seemed a straight road for a good 40 minutes before dropping me off at the Crowne Plaza. My case was passed through a security machine and I walked through a detector. I felt assured and safe. The lobby was beautiful - even after travelling for over 24 hours I noticed this. I checked in and my case was carried to my room for me. I stayed in a deluxe room (number 233) and as was greeted with a plate of fresh fruit. Getting to bed at 5am, I slept right through until 12 noon - the curtains are total blackouts and I had no idea until I looked outside how hot it was due to the easy-to-control air conditioning.
I am here for two weeks in total but felt compelled to write now after visiting the fitness suite. As religion is a thing to be respected when visiting the Middle East I was concerned of ever doing any thing that may be frowned upon. I asked the gentlemen on the reception of the gym about walking around/using the pool and he relaxed me and made me feel at home. He gave me a towel and said you are fine in shorts and if you want to throw the towel over your shoulders as you walk between pool/spa/Jacuzzi/etc - the whole fitness suite is awesome, make time to use it!
The reception is very relaxed and I now feel at home speaking to my fiancé on facetime down there. I find a corner and don't have my phone on too loud, but it's things like this that I worried about and it really is very relaxed here. Indeed the hotel represents the Saudi people for me, they are very helpful and kind. I had a problem with my phone line not being able to dial out and this issue was promptly sorted out with an engineer ringing my doorbell within minutes. I also used room service for a chicken caeser salad - a huge plate with various breads delivered within ten minutes for 30SAR (£5!!) The bathrooms are delightful and the beds are very comfy. If I get the opportunity I would definitely visit again but right now I am going to make the most of the ten nights I have left! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Thank you very much for giving us a great review with a 5 stars rating. We assure you that you will continue to feel at home throughout the remaining of your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice this month and I must say I always get a complete and great experience. The quality of service and amenities tops all the other hotels I've been to. More power to Crowne Plaza. Can't wait to visit it's other branches :)

Room Tip: For rest and relaxation purposes, I highly recommend that you stay at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar. If it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Mr. Briones,

Thank you for sparing time from your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay in our hotel and for also giving us a 5 star rating. We are very happy to know you had a great experience staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Acting General Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Last Monday, 10th of March 2014, was my first time to be in the Middle East particularly in Dammam & Al Khobar. (Thanks to my job, I am able to see the beauty and challenge of seeing different cultures.) We stayed in Crown Plaza Hotel in Al Khobar and in spite of being new to the place, the hotel's ambiance was so cheerful & friendly to us especially because of the very accommodating hotel staff. Most were filipinos & we, filipinos, are known for hospitality & hardwork.

Special mention to Mr. Robert, Mr. Kenneth, Mr. Allan & Mr. Bimbo who took care all our needs & requests as guests of the hotel. I would also like to mention the warm service of the non-filipino staff (sorry Im not good in remembering other non-filipino names) like the waiter from Indonesia and the locals, like for example our driver who drove us to & from the airport & the mall, the one wearing the national clothes who welcomed us when we arrived & the one who cooked my omelette, that was really delicious. They were great! The management, , in spite of the different culture, was able to create an outstanding team that ran the hotel smoothly & made the guests feel comfortable and satisfied.

Moreover, the room was cozy & beautiful. Me & my colleague had a room with 2 single beds & even a living room area with couches!:) the bed was really soft and relaxing, I slept like a baby from a very tiring flight from Manila. The bathroom was very clean with its oh-so fragrant soap, body wash, lotion & the soft & clean bathrobe & towels! I also love the complimentary fruits, biscuits, chocolate, coffee and tea that they offer. I've seen other rooms with king-sized bed that seems like an executive room. Love love it! Especially the bedtime relaxing spray & roll-on thay I've used when I went to sleep.

Last but not the least, the buffet breakfast in primavera restaurant was incredible! Delicious & savory arabic cuisine! :) A must try!

I'm sure to bid for A dammam flight again so I can stay again in that hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boumanj, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Joselle,

Many thanks for sparing time from your busy schedule to write a review about your stay in our hotel and for giving us a 5-star rating. We are very happy to know that we succeeded in making your first visit to KSA a very happy one. Your appreciation of our staff is noted and we will be recognizing them in our next colleagues’ event.

We hope to welcome you again to Crowne Plaza Al Khobar and assure you of our best services at all times.

Acting General Manager