“Staff where the issue”
Review of Mercure Al Khobar

Mercure Al Khobar
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed for one night. The rooms were ok, thought the shower kept going from hot to cold and back to hot all during my shower. Overall I was ok with the room, except for the dark corridor you take to the room. My issue was with the hotel staff. One ocassion I wanted to leave the hotel I called the front desk to have my car brought out, I left the room 5 minutes later waited for 10 minutes my car wasn't out yet. Then I asked the guy at the valet desk and then they pulled my car keys from the box.
When we were checking out, I called I the front desk to send someone to take our luggage and bring the car out. We waited for 20 minutes no one showed up. Called again they said they will be up right away. We waited another 10. We took our bags down on our own. And again the car wasn't ready and they only took the key out when we came down. I'm disappointed in the level of the service by the front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ayman A, Front Office Manager at Mercure Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Mercure hotel alkhobar, as we always pay attention to the remarks of our guests in order to improve our service.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very Average hotel, friendly and helpful staff, good service, the rooms are good in terms of space below average in design and functionality. I always stay in this hotel on my business trips to Khober 2 times I had a problem with the toilet and AC is not functioning very well!

The breakfast is good in quality and verity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The hotel staff , location , cleanness and service above expectation.
the check in was fast , though I forgot my family identification card but they were very helpful and understanding, they accepted the copy which i show them in my mobile.

My room was family suite, it was big a bedroom with large king bed and a living room plus 2 toilets.

It is not my first stay at this hotel , and it will not be the last.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

My stay was for business purposes, the hotel location was strategic beside the sea and a place called cornish where you can go for a walk, run and a lot of restaurants and caffes are there. Rooms were clean and very good. Liked the breakfast buffet, a lot of choices.
What I didn't like is the degree of control of the AC in my room, max temp is 22deg sometimes I needed it higher.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Easy check in, though a mans job. Rooms are very nice.
Though I have stayed in 3 different hotels in Saudi; things not to expect: wash clothes or sheets.
Good range of TV channels. Good internet connection. <-- This is very important to us ladies, because you can NOT do anything else, unless accompanied by a man or other ladies.
I would love to say the gym was nice, but ladies are not allowed. :(
Buffet style breakfast with a line cook on hand to prepare eggs your way. Fresh fruits and as with every meal you find lots of bread choices, and greens are also served with every meal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sibrina G

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I don't remember the small things about this hotel..as I stayed here 8 months ago. But I definitely remember that the bed was great and the pillows were amazing (I even asked if I could purchase one).

The room and bathroom were perfectly clean. Breakfast was very nice and large variety. I was only here for a few hours to sleep..so that's all I have. I'm not sure about the value as my company paid for it.

I would like to return to this hotel again if I need to stay in Al Khobar.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business