“A Beautiful but expensive resort..”

Boudl Half Moon Resort
Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in Al Khobar
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A Beautiful but expensive resort..”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had booked the pricey Villa Chalet (SR 1740/Day) for our duration of stay. Firstly, this is probably the farthest resort off all the resorts on the beach. Almost impossible to find without google maps.

And once we did find it, we were blown away by the beauty of the place. Arriving late in the evening we got to see the resort in all its lights and glory. The lobby was very classy, and the staff was very nice. The check in was quick and swift. As you can drive down to your own villa, with its own parking, it really felt very luxurious.

The Pools and the garden area was very well lit and clean. Lots of people were cycling and walking around. We used the patio area of our Villa to setup and enjoy sheesha with our family. A very relaxing experience indeed.

But that's about it, as the next day we found out most of the resort was closed. No Jet Skis or Amusement Parks, Massages were not available. Also the beach is very very small which makes it feel like a small resort.

Hence, I would advice to go here only if you need to unwind and relax with a beautiful and green surrounding. I did not find it worth the money I paid as I was looking forward to other things too which unfortunately were not available. Next time, even if I do go, I will call up and confirm availability of services.

Room Tip: Villas are the best if you get lla the services. Call up in advance and check if all facilities adve...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SSharif87

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
Al Khobar, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

boudl half-moon resort advantages are 1- very clean place 2- service is very good and friendly staff 3- the price is reasonable 3- quite place and sleeping quality is very high , not noisy 4- it is the most far location from Al khobar city but i think this is an advantage to avoid crowd 5- super market is available also in the resort with most of daily needs 6- rooms are new, clean and with all needed facilities 7- swimming pool for men is average and they have also for women 8- spa (gym , Jacuzzi , sauna , steam , massage) are available for both men and women and all for free except massage , there quality is moderate 9- the beach is clean and having beautiful nature but it is not large , they are providing jet-ski and beach buggies for rent the only disadvantage in my opinion that they aren't providing an open buffet !! as it is usual in most of hotels but the restaurant food is OK ,, finally i advise any one coming to half-moon beach to visit it and of-course i will visit it again

Room Tip: rooms in second floor have both swimming pool and sea views , and less noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fortraner
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

this resort hotel is will designed and have a welcoming staff with clean facilities and a brilliant outdoor views , avoid season times because you will get high prices and a lack of staff survice in outdoor villas , i recommend it to others

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We went to Boudl halfmoon resort for the weekend. The place is nice and quite. A big swimming pool and private beach. The lobby is also chic and simple. We booked a double room with large bed but unfortunately they didn't provide extra cots for babies so i had to put my baby between me and my husband. Second thing there was no kettle or water or coffee/tea complimentary set that are there in all hotels now. Also the bathroom was somehow small. We had breakfast the next day at the hotels restaurant. It was an open buffet; not much varieties but was ok. We had to pay for it as the room is not BB. I was ok with all of this but the one thing that made me really sad about my stay there is that I've left the room at 2pm with the "makeup my room" sign hanged on the door and i returned at 10 to find it as is!!!!!! At the check out i pointed this to the receptionist he said that I've to inform them to make up the room. Anyway out of 10 i give it a 6

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nescoooz
UK
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Finding Boudl Half moon was not easy, as the map on their website was very misleading.
Having arrived, the Resort was large, and immaculate. The rooms were spacious, with a reasonably sized balcony, but the bathrooms were small ( I did not see the chalets). The pools outside were always clean, and well lit at night. However, the jet skis and theme park were out of use for the duration of our stay. Our son greatly appreciated the bouncy castle (evenings only) and the small park.
The ladies spa had a very small jacuzzi, sauna, and massage services, the pool was too deep for my liking.
The beach was clean, although more deck chairs would have been useful.

The restaurant, and room service was not good, there are limited options, and after waiting an hour for our order, we cancelled lunch, and had to drive 20km to get food.

For the price we paid, I consider this resort a bargain, and would definately come again, but would be more prepared (I would bring food with me, especially if I am only coming for a couple of nights.)

Room Tip: try to get a room at the end of the corridor, it can be noisier otherwise
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family