“Holiday Gone”

Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
“Holiday Gone”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great resort on halfmoon bay with private beech, but poor staff. The impression is evident upon initial contact with the front desk staff. When I requested a villa with breakfast included, I was told: "that is impossible", and when I spoke to the manager Mr Jasim, he said: "can't do anything about your reservation"!

The pool was occupied by nearly 30 males playing water ball with loud yelling. These were actual guests (company employee gathering).

In short, my family holiday was ruined & gone bad.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank DrKhalil
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear DrKhalil,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the level of service provided during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Please see a complaint I have just placed:

Please be informed that we visited the hotel ( coupon nos 0508/9) for lunch this afternoon. The problem arose at the main gate when we drove to it. The Arabic speaking security asked to come out. When enquired he said in Arabic he would when we come out of the car and go to him. There he asked to buy the coupon before we entered. I told him he should have come to us from his cabin but he said all guest must come to them! There were three guys from the hotel in the cabin but none wanted to come to the car. may be to avoid 452 degree heat. I THOUGHT THIS WAS NOT THE RECEPTION WE GET AT HOLIDAY INN. Mind you I have visited Holyday Inn all over the world and live next to one in Khobar, AND FIND IT ODD that an attendant asks the guests to come out of their car to take the coupon from them!! Is it your policy to do so?? Or they were being lazy??

Please clarify.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank anwar k
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nice resort ,excellent view Nice to have a bed room with Sea View and free car park infornt and comfortable rooms, comfortable rooms, good spa and leisure facilities,and realy its amazing resort ,,I have stayed here a few dayes and it is now my resort of choice in al khobar

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank NaNa khan
Riyadh
Reviewed 24 February 2013

It was relaxing, sea view was amazing. However, you can`t swim at the inland pond as the water discharges into the sea!!. The pool was only 1.5 M .. :( ...Tall!! can not in any way enjoy a swim. They also have to reconsider the food as it was't "ok" for me.... and very expensive with compare to other resorts existing in a very close country that links between two countries a bridge!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ExHuMeS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear ExHuMeS,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the pool arrangement and the food selection. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This used to be the best resort in khobar area, location and facility, un fourtionatly, no renovation so far, you get in you smell the food, wish to place glass separator between the restaurant and lobby
Also the chalet is with the same furniture since 5 years, it is old, edges are broken
They need to take care otherwise will lose business

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank navigator0

Travellers are raving about these Al Khobar hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2012

It seems that this resort had it golden times some years ago. I had a short stay recently, staff was polite and helpful, however I had a the feeling that they were lagging professional guidance and tutoring. The front desk officer did not know what to do with my golden ambassador card, and at check out he said he can not charge my Amex card because the boss is not here?

I was aim a single rom villa and the quality and hygiene is very poor. Stains and rust all over the washroom, room doors not closing properly.

All over I think that this resort had its golden times and a real renovation is due.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Gass1
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We enjoyed the Lunch buffet, it was very good with more varieties on salads and desserts with fresh fruits and cakes. The best was the meat balls in laban, this is first time, we had this dish, even my wife has not cooked this dish for us since we are married now more than 30 years.
Always lunch buffet is preferable as all the food items will be freshly cooked.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family