“Finest Resort in the Eastern Province”

Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was the first and finest resort in Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia when it started operation in 2003. It has a large lagoon (not good for swimming), 3 swimming pools of different sizes and all villas and hotel rooms has marvelous sea view. It has vast area of lush green gardens, play grounds for children and sandy private beach front for relaxing and playing. Pool side café serve varieties of juices, snacks and pizzas etc. This resort has all resources for being a finest resort except the professionalism in staff, at times they forget the hospitality.

Room Tip: All first floor hotel rooms has good sea/lagoon view. All villas has the view of lagoon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Good location for relaxing and being out of city rush, swimming pools are neatly designed and taken care off = perfect for families with kids. Clean rooms and facilities in addition to helpful staff.
Good Value for the Money.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms are windowing the beach and swimming pools. Villas are more independent and open direct...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ShadiKB
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I wish they will actually take better care to their beach, every morning I see some diapers on the sand and it's unpleasant scene!
There resort sea "the swimming area" was full with constructions leftovers "like cartoons" , and some other garbages! That makes it really hard to swim!
And as for the villa, I wish for more lights, it's kinda dark sometimes, also they sound proofing system is the worst! I literally couldn't sleep, if by any chance someone was passing the leaving room you'll be aware of that while you are in your bed with the door closed!
The service was less than average , they took a very long time just to send you some ice. The villa isn't fully prepared, we asked for kitchen ware, glasses and other things. They never supplies you with the enough amount of towels, we basically ask for more daily!
As for me, I'll never go there again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aalghaith
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Aalghaith,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed 7 August 2013

It was a mixed set of emotions. Starting on a Slow Checkin to a First floor rooms. That were supposed to be sea facing.. but ended up with pool facing. the in room amminities were poooor... The TV channels were limited.. Good Internet speed though.. very poor lighting. The bathroom looked like a bad movie scene.. cheap accesories.. actually meant for the Acardia. The Staff were the only good thing.. During the Iftar there were coupons and prices.. apparently only the guests of the managers won it. And it was insulting.. because being there 3 days in a row.. you would see the managers going to the raffle guy and telling him so and so numbers.. and then there is the food. not everything was goodl.Homour and dill was so over cooked and dill was too much.. the Garlic sauce for the Shawarma.. was some kind of liquid. The Chicken curry was pepper not even ground and bay leaves and a raw taste of masala.. I gues the Chef knew only 2 soups.. Lentil and Mushroom. 3 days in a row. The Deserts also gave no suprise.. same thing day after day.. and also. they served vimto and some wdrink.. no originality. There was no variety in the food. The good was the steak. and grilled potato. The swimin pool was nice. the rooms were big.. Cheap furniture.. and space that they could have done a lot with. lighting was even horrible.in the room. come on guys.. make it up better. the refreshments in the mini bar was poor choice.. and the lighting in the mini bar was out. the room did not have much electricity outlets.. some did not work. the AC was too cold.. Dont know How it is under the IHG group. I would like to see a management change or even a change in the name so that HI is not spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymon T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Raymon T,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I booked into the resort for 3 nights and use the chain regularly for business travel. However this is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in the last 3 years.

Understanding that hotel’s are busy during the summer, I arrived at check-in at 18:00 rather than the 15;00 of the booking. The room was still not ready.

While waiting I ordered food from the poolside restaurant (which is room service) only order a basic pizza and what arrived was not what was ordered.

The AC in the room had not cooled the room after 3 hrs. called the reception and they sent up an engineer. After 20 mins it was fixed.

I the morning went to have a shower to find the bathroom had no towels, then neither reception nor house keeping answered their phones (just as well I had a beach of my own) & there was no hot water.

Breakfast service was not at the published times, and when it did arrive it was only 1/2 what was supposed to be.

Upon return to the room 12hr later it had not been touched, so still no towels.

Having spoken with the management, i received kind words but little action.

I have shortened my stay and booked into a different hotel for my last night.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank paul L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear paul L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great resort on halfmoon bay with private beech, but poor staff. The impression is evident upon initial contact with the front desk staff. When I requested a villa with breakfast included, I was told: "that is impossible", and when I spoke to the manager Mr Jasim, he said: "can't do anything about your reservation"!

The pool was occupied by nearly 30 males playing water ball with loud yelling. These were actual guests (company employee gathering).

In short, my family holiday was ruined & gone bad.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank DrKhalil
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear DrKhalil,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the level of service provided during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Please see a complaint I have just placed:

Please be informed that we visited the hotel ( coupon nos 0508/9) for lunch this afternoon. The problem arose at the main gate when we drove to it. The Arabic speaking security asked to come out. When enquired he said in Arabic he would when we come out of the car and go to him. There he asked to buy the coupon before we entered. I told him he should have come to us from his cabin but he said all guest must come to them! There were three guys from the hotel in the cabin but none wanted to come to the car. may be to avoid 452 degree heat. I THOUGHT THIS WAS NOT THE RECEPTION WE GET AT HOLIDAY INN. Mind you I have visited Holyday Inn all over the world and live next to one in Khobar, AND FIND IT ODD that an attendant asks the guests to come out of their car to take the coupon from them!! Is it your policy to do so?? Or they were being lazy??

Please clarify.