“Good view and nice staff”

Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I like the location close to beach,staff was nice special the manager Jassim he upgrade my room to villa because my AC was not working.breakfast was poor of variety the same Buffy every day no choice of bird.
Staff was friendly at reception.i recommend this hotel for weekend family stay. Wish you all the best

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ahmad B

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a flood at my camp in the desert we retreated to this hotel for a night. When I got to my room I immediately had a problem with the air conditioner, no hot water, and the internet password I was provided. The air conditioner was fixed by the on site technician by setting the thermostat higher than the lowest setting. They did not fix the hot water issue. The internet password is apparently case sensitive but the front desk says it is not. The room was in rough shape. The grouting in the bathroom looked like a 3 year old did it. The bathroom was very small also. The fixtures were very old. The bed was OK, not too hard. Not too soft. The headboard was loose and squeaked every time I moved throughout the night. It was storming so I wasn't able to see much of the property other than the main building. The staff did their best and were very courteous but there are too many other issues to overcome.

We had dinner at the restaurant the first night. The lasagna someone had was burned on the bottom. I had a pizza which was ok, nothing special. The salads looked good as did the cheese cake for desert. The breakfast the following morning was on par with most others I have had. There was a good variety and it was hot.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SlickFL
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear SlickFL,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out how you did enjoy your meals and our courteous staff. While I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Only thing "resort" about the hotel is its location on a beach. Building is ancient, only service elevators exist although there is just one floor to climb. Poolside is decent and the bar has reasonable food. But service is just unbelievably terrible. Nobody picks up the phone ... tried laundry, housekeeping, operator, reception ... they are just not interested in serving. Looks like you are being done a favor if you chose to stay at this rundown property. Even the guards at entrance have an attitude. Wouldn't recommend staying here unless it was a lost bet or punishment for bad behaviour!

Room Tip: Just don't book it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aamir M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Aamir M,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The coridors of the hotel room r stinky, as the kitchen area opens in the corridor its full of food smell, which gets in to the rooms. ROoms are pathetic iron bar beds, awful flooring old style toilet n dirty washrooms. Go to Bahrain instead

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ess E
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Totally unclean washrooms, even the beach is not clean!
Hotel stuff are not cooperative, you have to debate with them to ask for your right.
Don't recommend anyone to make reservation in the resort.
I reserved "day use" for my family so as for friends' families, all of us have the same experience

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AhmadTalaat
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear AhmadTalaat,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for our facility fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was the first and finest resort in Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia when it started operation in 2003. It has a large lagoon (not good for swimming), 3 swimming pools of different sizes and all villas and hotel rooms has marvelous sea view. It has vast area of lush green gardens, play grounds for children and sandy private beach front for relaxing and playing. Pool side café serve varieties of juices, snacks and pizzas etc. This resort has all resources for being a finest resort except the professionalism in staff, at times they forget the hospitality.

Room Tip: All first floor hotel rooms has good sea/lagoon view. All villas has the view of lagoon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Good location for relaxing and being out of city rush, swimming pools are neatly designed and taken care off = perfect for families with kids. Clean rooms and facilities in addition to helpful staff.
Good Value for the Money.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms are windowing the beach and swimming pools. Villas are more independent and open direct...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family