“Short stay at the Nimran”
Review of Al Nimran Hotel

Al Nimran Hotel
Al Nimran Hotel
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Al Khobar
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Short stay at the Nimran”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Excellent hotel in the main street in Khobar. Clean and efficient with friendly staff. Manager is a British National who has been at the hotel for over 28 years and therefore knows how to run his ship. Try the pepper steak in the restaurant. You will not find better anywhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
England
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The quality of the hotel is ok. Rooms are quite big and are generaly clean. The staff at reception aren't the most friendly or helpful I have met, however the cafe staff were great and more than made up for it.

There is wifi in the hotel but it is very hit and miss. I complained as I had no internet and it took a whole afternoon to sort it out. Even then, it was very hit & miss and quite slow.

The main restaurant was closed for refurbishment so their advertised range of food was much reduced.

There are a couple of restaurants nearby, One out of the door turn left which is about 2 minutes away. The other, out of the door turn right which is a chinese / indian / italian plus a bit of everything. The food was good but a bit pricey. The portion sizes were huge though.

I stayed for 5 nights and overall it wasn't bad. Once I had sorted out the teething issues, I had an ok stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jubail Industrial city
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The receptionist, Mr. Ayman lack of courtesy to Al-Nimran hotel. I had a terrible experience while checking out. He wants me to pay another SR270 while it was agreed with Indian receptionist during our check-in time that one room is enough for two persons for only SR270. I was surprised this morning that Mr. Ayman would like us to pay another SR270 and insisting that we are two. He’s accusing me playing and cheating. Hello! Why will I pay SR540 for a standard room, with dirty bathroom and dirty towel.
I did not pay and I insisted about what we agreed. By the way, when I reached the reception, he asked me how much I pay during check-in. I think he can check it from their log sheet or system or from the receipt. Look whose playing now!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan B

Travellers are raving about these Al Khobar hotels

Alnimran
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My advice to all of you better not use this hotel Each day when temperature more than 45 light is shouting down from my experience . Personal is not friendly and yelling on customers. Besides don't pay attention and not trying to help. It seems they don't have generators and not polite at all. Prices are not reasonable compare with dirty environment and service. There is no service at all!

Room Tip: Not exist good room and fitness center doesn't work.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alnimran A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Contrary to previous review, the hotel is not indian managed but european managed by long term manager Neil Maitland-Walker.
It's a 2 star hotel offering 4 star services.
The Coffee shop has very friendly staff so does the restaurant.
A definite destination for those seeking value for money.

Room Tip: call the GM direct 00 966 0504947335
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank C P
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

If on business in Al khobar, this hotel offers reasonable rates. Simple breakfast and coffee house in lobby level with free Wi Fi. Swimming is on 9th floow. Strictly for women usage from 0900 hrs to 1300 hrs. Afternoon to evening for men.

Friendly staff. Daily house keeping.

Hotel has been going through refurbishment since last 3 - 4 years. Scaffolding outside hotel been there such a long tyime as work is taking long time.

Having stayed here yearly for many years, it is slowly going through an upgrade to rooms. New renovated rooms are much better.

Dunkin Donuts is 3 minb walk away. 10 min walk behind hotel is Panda Supermarket and a little further is a Pakistani shppong & restaurants area.

This hotel is recommended for business trips.

Room Tip: Ask for room on opposite side of a mosque closeby. call for prayer starts as early as 4.30am Room f...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Nonthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I'm currently in the 10th day of a long stay at the Nimran, and so far my experience has been positive. I'm in an executive room on the 8th floor where I'm higher above the traffic noise and the periodic adan (prayer call). My room has a balcony (of limited use due to the heat, but fun to step onto in the evening and see the lights of the island between KSA and Bahrain), an extremely comfortable bed (I like the firm mattress and immaculate bedlinens), a decent restaurant (good even for vegetarians like me), and a spotless bathroom.

There's plenty of closet space (although I did have to ask for extra hangers), a desk where I can set up my laptop, a flat screen TV (I only watch BBC World -- there's not much else in English) with HDMI connectors, a small fridge where I keep my snacks, and beautiful wooden flooring.

The desk people are polite and helpful. The manager, Neil Maitland Walker, is attentive to his guest's needs. There's a hotel parking lot across the side street. Best of all, the room rate is reasonable. If you don't require or thrive in 5-star surroundings, the Nimran will be fine for you.

Perhaps the only addition I would make to the room would be coffee/tea making facilities and perhaps a microwave.

Room Tip: If you choose an executive room, ask to look at a few of them first. They vary greatly in size and v...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo