“Good location and clean”

Al Madinah Harmony Hotel
Ranked #27 of 148 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I read the earlier reviews and it seems they have addressed some of the issues. The location is 5mins from Haram. Rooms are clean. Breakfast selection is good with omelettes made to order.

The reception staff need more training. They seem cater for groups a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank doods007
There are newer reviews for Al Madinah Harmony Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel got a very nice location, very near to Al Haram Al Madani, my room was nice and big, however it was never cleaned during my 3 nights stay, it seems that you must ask to clean it, otherwise they will just leave it as it is !

The breakfast buffet is not as rich as it should be for such hotel.
Some staff there are far from being professional, I once asked for lunch (delivered to my room), when the lunch came it was something different than what I asked for, I tried to complain so the staff who was answering my phone call asked me to call in 5 minutes, I called, then called over and over again, and he never picked up !!! this was so unprofessional and non ethical act, it really reflects how the hotel's management attitude toward customers ... (like it or get lost).
I went to the reception and complained, and i asked to meet the manager, when i met him he apologized and promised to replace my food, of course I didn't accept that as I never wanted to eat again at that place, I spent more than 40 minutes of stress for this, for this treatment alone I dropped my rating for this hotel from Very good to average.

In the future I may still go back to that hotel, but I will surely try to avoid asking for any services from the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Don't rely on a professional service from the Hotel staff, they have a terrible attitude
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tameem B
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Al Madina Harmony hotel was very near from King Fahad gate of Masjid e Nabvi. Around 5-10 min walk. There are many shopping complexes near by. Hotel has a restaurent in it but we did not try it. Morning breakfast was good. Inside the room, all the required items were available.
Only one problem we faced. There was no hot water inside the bathroom for shower. We called service room they picked the phone first time but nobody came to repair it. After about 20 min waiting we tried again to call them but nobody pick the phone. Finally when I called to reception, one person came to reapair it. Except service, I found hotel was good. There was wifi in lobby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank SARKAGAKU
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel was booked by me as part of our trip using last 10 days I Ramadan. Was very excited and looking forward to relax and chill after a hecktik 10 days in Makkah. But arrived early to find cannot check inn before checking time which is 4pm and check ou 12pm. We was charged again via credit card as the hotel receptionist confirmed that the hotel was booked but no payment have been made very unusuall..we were too tired to make a fuss and were really tired from the night before for not sleeping the whole night...the whole hotel was surrounded by Shias wow they are in a different planet they invaded every inch Of the hotel even our path way to our room. The rooms were spacious and clean but not dated and the beds moved and so on. The location was great but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor book again. Paid 5 star price but got 3 star service...very poor to my standards

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank muradshikder
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel should not be 5 stars. However, the rooms are OK unless you were located in the tiny corner rooms which were designed as part of a family suite.
The reception clerks are supportive, hardly doing their jobs. This hotel depends on groups and does not care about individual customers. The hotel is about 400 meters away from Masjid Nabawi and the A/C works well and the furniture condition is good bath rooms are also OK. Internet service is very poor. Breakfast variety is OK but poor quality. So if you get a good price and you can accept 3 stars hotel services, then it will be OK for you.
When you go out from the back door of the hotel turn right, you will find a small grocery but with good variety (you do not need to go far). And for lunch or dinner try Sanabil restaurant for kebab and grills (around 40 S.R. per person including a drink), from the main entrance turn right, then another right the first left it is 10 minuets walk . You can also try Indian takeaway ( about 25-30 SR) around the corner to your right ,(5 minutes from the hotel).

Room Tip: avoid any corner rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hatemzaki
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The location is just about 10 minutes to Masjid Nabawi. But from the many hotels around nabawi, it;s not strategic just like Andalus Hotel which is just few steps from Nabawi. The room is good, but no everyday room cleaning just like other hotels I;ve ever stayed. And the worst part is no mineral water provided in the room.

The good things about this hotel is many shops are near the hotels. So it;s easy if we need to buy our neededs. And when I stayed here with my groups from Indonesia, they also served us Indonesian food :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank qqie
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Its location is good; Less than 5 minutes walk from Masjid. Its not a five star. Hardly a 3 star hotel. dirty carpets all over. Very old rooms with 3 to 4 beds even if you are a single user. Free breakfast included but I have to pay extra for an omelet in the breakfast. Overall staff (mostly Indian/Bangladeshi) are nice people;
very rude, lazy and careless people at the front desk. needs language and customer service training for front desk people.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo