The Shaza is located very close to the the Prophet's mosque - so close you can eat your breakfast and see it. We stayed in room 802 which provided a view of the street - but totally not essential due to the proximity to the mosque. The room was comfortable and with all the expected mod cons of a 5 star hotel. The service provided by staff throughout our stay was very warm and friendly. The decor was pleasant in the hotel and room and if possible try to get a free upgrade. This gave us the luxury of an additional sitting room. The beds were so comfortable. Generally clean but only on a superficial level as the shower certainly could do with a good scrub and the carpet is in need of a decent shampoo. The bar fridge was well stocked with free water and soft drinks but beyond that expect to pay for further room service items. Better still just pop into one of the shops in the area to restock - much cheaper. The internet access was a little slow but free and allowed one to check their emails at least. The front desk made a point of checking our satisfaction during our stay that provided an opportunity to share any concerns. We used the restuarant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we thought overall the meals were fine - not michellin star but it we didnt get any tummy bugs and it was simply convenient. On the down side regarding dining, apart from breakfast, warm beverages were not available other than a costly bottle of water. We went to Medina to pray in the Prophet's mosque and for sure this hotel provided the perfect opportunity to do just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaza Al Madina is the only luxury hotel in the area with a contemporary Eastern design. The hotel sets incomparable levels of hospitality, elegance and state-of-the-art technology. Ideally located at the doorsteps of the Masjid Al Nabawy in Medina, only 150 M. The hotel enjoys a perfect location within the heart of the city and only a short 20 minutes (15 KM) drive from Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport. Shaza Al Madina two dining options include an open show kitchen, which serves fusion cuisine. Shaza Al Madina’s intimate interiors are filled with mood lighting, created by international designer Morten Hansen of LWD Dubai, in association with calligrapher Mounir Al Sharaani, Egyptian lighting designer Randa Fahmy and with photographic installations by acclaimed Peter Sanders. The hotel’s walls were decorated by Soraya Sanders, famous for her traditional Arabic designs. Fresh and creative cuisine can be tasted at the Shalimar lounge. For a unique blend of North African, Persian and South-East Asian delights, guests are welcome to visit the airy Arabesque Restaurant. Rooms at the Shaza Al Madina are elegant and create the atmosphere of peacefulness. Shaza Al Madina is the ultimate hotel experience in the Middle East, a modern icon where exclusive Arabian luxury meets state of the art facilities. The hotel is designed to cater to every possible need and transport guests to a place of serenity and luxury, a unique haven for the modern traveller who expects only excellence in service and an exquisite ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shaza Al Madina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaza Al Madina Hotel Medina
- Shaza Al Madina Al Madinah/Medina