Shaza Al Madina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$227
US$142
1,097 results
All reviewsarabesque restaurantpersonalized servicejunior suiteexcellent locationvery nice hotelf bspecial thanksmain entrancebreakfast was excellenthouse keepingin room diningrooms are spaciousrestaurant staffhotel managementreception staffcomfortable stayclose proximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The Shaza is located very close to the the Prophet's mosque - so close you can eat your breakfast and see it. We stayed in room 802 which provided a view of the street - but totally not essential due to the proximity to the mosque. The room was comfortable and with all the expected mod cons of a 5 star hotel. The service provided by staff throughout our stay was very warm and friendly. The decor was pleasant in the hotel and room and if possible try to get a free upgrade. This gave us the luxury of an additional sitting room. The beds were so comfortable. Generally clean but only on a superficial level as the shower certainly could do with a good scrub and the carpet is in need of a decent shampoo. The bar fridge was well stocked with free water and soft drinks but beyond that expect to pay for further room service items. Better still just pop into one of the shops in the area to restock - much cheaper. The internet access was a little slow but free and allowed one to check their emails at least. The front desk made a point of checking our satisfaction during our stay that provided an opportunity to share any concerns. We used the restuarant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we thought overall the meals were fine - not michellin star but it we didnt get any tummy bugs and it was simply convenient. On the down side regarding dining, apart from breakfast, warm beverages were not available other than a costly bottle of water. We went to Medina to pray in the Prophet's mosque and for sure this hotel provided the perfect opportunity to do just that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ShazaAlMadina, Director of Operations at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear A M,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to
making your trip to the hotel a great experience.

Your valuable comments concerning shower , carpet , internet and warm beverages have been addressed and followed up with the concerned departments.

Personalized service is of great importance to Shaza, and we invest heavily into training

Reviewed 21 January 2014

A great hotel located only a minutes walk from the masjid al nabvi. plenty of food outlets in the area, hotel is decorated in a morrocian theme, breakfast is nice, staff are helpful, mangement are very helpful. beds are amazing, you just went to sleep in them all the time.

2  Thank 14Mazhar_H
ShazaAlMadina, Director of operations at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Muzhar,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel has a lovely calm and relaxing vibe feel when you walk in.
Stayed for two nights
Its location is perfect for the Mosque, just a one minute walk away
The décor in the room is modern but the carpets desperately need a deep clean as the cream colour shows up all various types of stains.
Breakfast was ample and delicious.
Downside - We arrived at 1pm but I had to wait 1.30 mins for my room.
Overall great hotel.

1  Thank neelamnasir2003

Dear Nellamnasir,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Jan 2014 for two nights. The hotel is located 5 minutes by walking from Al Haram Al Nabawi. The hotel has a nice arabic decoration that is really impressive. I arrived to the room around 3:30 PM and was checked in smoothly where I got a corner room with a partial view of the Haram. The room was spacious, quiet, and nicely organized and arranged. When I took the room, I found a minor broken hose hang in the bathroom and reported this to the Maintenance and took long time and didn't get the repair on the first night. On the next day, I got a call from the duty manager asking about my stay experience (First time to stay in hotel and get asked about my stay experience even though I travelled to more than 10 countries and stayed in over than 50 hotels). This was quite surprising to me. I utilized this to thank the management then mentioned the bathroom problem where he promised to send a repair man on the spot. This was a great service from the hotel. Later on the day, I got a call from the next shift duty manager Mr. Noaman. This gentleman was so gentle, polite and helpful. He apologized for the inconvenience and had requested me to back my bags for a complimentary upgrade for the second night where I was moved to a suite. I feel very well taken care of during my stay this was something to feel proud of to have such hotel management in my country. This is going to be my hotel whenever I visit Madinah. On the other side, the breakfast was a different experience with so many choices. This made unforgettable experience. Moreover, if you add to this the service of the dates and arabic coffee at the entrance of the hotel, you will feel the luxury of the hotel and how much they care of their guests. The down side of the hotel is that they need to accelerate the room service and bellboy to avoid delays of check out and attending guests needs. Other than this, I find this hotel as a perfect place to stay in whenever visiting Madinah. They worth the money you pay to them.

Room Tip: corner rooms where you can have two windows and nice views.

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review and get the details of your experience with us, and are glad that we could contribute to

Reviewed 14 January 2014

my impression about this particular hotel was totally negative because of what i read about them before checking,unfortunately everything was correct the receptionist we meet on our first day while checking in was very unfriendly,i dont think he has never been to any course or to school to learn how to relate with a customers or visitor but fortunately for me the next day i went down to the reception to see if he can be a bit friendly then i meet this God sent receptionist called HAZEEM,oh my GOd hazeem make our stay home away from home and i later meet the general manager who he had studied and lived in england before he was extremely friendly and helpful too.i dont want to speak much but i will adive anyone going to this hotel to ask after Hazeem and you will never regret your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Asiwaju13

Dear Asiwaju13,

making your trip to the hotel a great experience.

Your comment about the reception has been followed up with the concerned department and we are glad to know that hazem has served you in satisfactory manner.