“Great hotel in the end” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaza Al Madina

and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 134 Hotels in Medina
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
“Great hotel in the end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had a slow check in.
Room was dirty.
After complaining they have us a fantastic room and the service was a lot better. The manager and Raza were fantastic and I would recommend the hotel to anyone. The hotel is fantastic and comfortable. I didn't want to leave once our issues were sorted.
Location is perfect as it's opposite gate 11-12 of the holy mosque and it's ideal for shopping etc.
Rooms are spacious and magnificently set up. Ours was a little dirty but that's guests I suppose.
Car parking available when it's not as busy.
Food was amazing. It may be pricey but it was outstanding and the service in the Restraunt was fantastic. Breakfast was great as it was free but the selection was spot on.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Zeeshan M,

Greetings from Shaza Al Madina Hotel

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for responding to our survey.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be honoured to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Shaza Al Madina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was stay in Shaza madinah for 11nights from 18th August till 28th August. Checking in process was easy that I check in within 5 minutes. Rooms are very good and clean. Quality of Food was very good and particularly the Resturant Manager and FB head was very cooperative in that busy days.over all very good hotel in all expects.staff in all department was very good and helpfull.

Room Tip: Over all each room in each floor is very good.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Munir111
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Munir111

Greetings from Shaza Al Madina Team

Kind regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Yhey gave me the wrong room. And the 2nd room that they gave me was given to someone else at the same time. The bags did not reach the room untill very late. The whole hotel smells really bad.
Checking out was horrible too.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Khaled m,

Greetings from Shaza Al Madina Hotel

We thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

I am very sorry to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please note that we have carefully read your comments and are immediately attending to its rectification so that it does not occur again.

We hope this incident will not more your impression of our hotel and we will endeavour to do everything possible to make your future stays enjoyable.

We would deem it a distinct privilege to welcome you back to Shaza Al Madina Hotel.

Kind regards,

Casablanca, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is excellent as well as the service, the buffet offers a good variety of food be it at breakfast or dinner, The rooms are very spacious with a private living room separated from the bedroom. and most of all the proximity to the Masjid Annabbawi makes the hotel very convenient as it is less than 200 meters from the main gate. I would definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank aKarim03
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear aKarim03

Kind regards

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Yummuy, yummu, yummy, that's the food that this hotel offers, we were staying @ Hilton next door but the food was really bad there, so we checked the buffet of this Hotel and it was WOW, you can tell the level of service is quite high in this hotel and the interior is just fascinating.. i'd definitely stay in this hotel next time i'm in Madina and i would recommend it to anyone ...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear ALAAJJ

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent 11 nights at Shaza Al Madina (last 10 day of Ramadaan), & were very pleased with our stay.
While the check-in was handled in a very efficient & friendly manner, by Muhammad, it was really the dining experience that will live on in our memory for all time.
It was truly magnificent. (We have travelled to many parts of the world, having stayed at all the major hotel chains, viz. Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, InterContinental, & can honestly say this was our best experience ever).
The selection and quality of the food was really great, only to be surpassed by such amazing service, that upon leaving it felt as though we were saying goodbye to close friends.
We were truly blown away by the F&B / Dining staff. From Khalid, Masood, & Serhat in management, to Mohaned (Sous Chef), to the waitrons (AbdurRahman, Basil, Mohamed, Fahmi, etc.), we can only sing their praises. ALL the F&B staff were amazing (just can't remember all the names).

The only bit of constructive criticism i would offer, is that Housekeeping needs to rise up to the level of service offered by Food & Beverage staff.

We look forward to staying at Shaza Al Madina again soon.

Farhad & Bilkis Carrim
Johannesburg, South Africa

Room Tip: We prefer lower floors, so as to be able to use the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FarhadCarrim
Dear FarhadCarrim

Greetings from Shaza Al Madina

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. It certainly encourages us to perform better and allows us to both reward and review our services.

Shaza Hotels consider it a distinct privilege to have had you as a guest. We would be honoured to welcome you again in the near future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The good:
- Great location.
- Beautiful design.
- Spacious and clean bathrooms.

The bad:
- Dirty furniture (stains).
- Dirty carpet (stains and cigarette burns).
- Awful service.

I stayed in Shaza Al Madina for 2 nights in high season, I was in a Premium Double Room and I had very displeasing experience on both nights.

1st night:
I ordered in-room dining and I was told my meal would arrive in 40 minutes, I called back after one hour and they told me they made a mistake and they sent my order to another room. We are in high season so I understand mistakes happen. However, several minutes later a waiter came to my room with the bill for the food and when I informed him I did not get my food he said yes you did and he stuck his head in my room looking for the food tray!!! As if I was lying.
Management apologized and offered me a complimentary meal if I wait another 40 minutes, I respectfully declined; my wife and I went to sleep hungry.

2nd night:
I left the hotel approximately @ 2:30pm and I left the "please make up my room" sign at the door, I came back at exactly midnight and my room was untouched. I called the reception for 20 minuets straight with no answer, so I went down and I was informed room service finish working @ 11pm and I have to wait til the next day. I had to speak to management just to get towels!!!

Unless you have no expectations of service whatsoever; I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Mohammed619

Eid Greetings from Shaza Al Madina Hotel

We thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. It certainly encourages us to perform better and allows us to both reward and review our services.