“Umrah trip Ramadan 2013”
Review of Royal Dyar Hotel

Royal Dyar Hotel
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I went there this month. Loved the location. You go out from one of the two exits from the hotel, look right and Haram is across the road! How good is that! Staff was very courteous. Hotel was very nicely decorated, clean and well maintained. Room was exactly as it was in the photos on this website. Iftar and sahoor buffet were grand. They have free Wifi which works only in the hotel lobby. I wanted to get some money from an ATM machine but did not know where to find one. i asked a smartly dressed person at reception and he came out of the hotel with me to show me where they were located. This despite my terrible efforts to speak in Arabic! The only thing that I found different was that juices that they serve at buffets were a bit too sweet for me. People from Pakistan and India may not like the food as its not very spicy. I will book this hotel again for my next trip InshaAllah.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MRahim786

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Approx 5 mins from haram gates. Pleasant enough building,room smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, room service was poor. Cleaned only on request, frequently had to ask for soap, towels, toilet paper etc. not good.
Rooms were spacious and well equipped including sofas and arm chairs.
Restaurant had good food but service was little disorganised, massively appreciated them preparing food packs for us for our early morning departure and long journey to Jeddah. Thank you guys

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for an umrah trip with my family just last week. And in overall, it serves the purpose, as a basic accomodation.

Aside from its good location, only 200 meter away from Nabawi Mosque, I cannot say much. Room may need some renovations to stay within the five star hotel standard, as I found the bathroom look old and amenities were also below par. TV was also not functioning well, but then again, that's not the reason why I visited Medinah, so never really use them anyway. Breakfast buffet was fine, as it combined Indonesian with International/Middle East cuisine. But Lunch and Dinner buffet menu may need an upgrade.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

What an awful hotel to come to after a 5 hour drive from makkah hilton. The plus points: close to masjid, and buffet breakfast was handy and actually ok. Bad points: rooms very very small, bathroom mouldy, shower leaked water all over floor, impossible to shower small kids as no detachable head, didn't get new loo roll or towels for entire time. Didn't get bins changed or in fact no person came to room the entire three days, had bins overflowing, beds unmade, when you called housekeeping no one answers it just rings and rings. You are basically left to fend for yourself. Given this hotel as an 'upgrade', despair at the thousands of pounds my family spent. Profiteering from pilgrims in madinah, shame in you Royal Dyar.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank jambala1
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed here for approx 5 nights, decent hotel but no way 5 star! Probably 3 star! Service not good, every time I rang for room service no answer, had a problem with safe not opening, and the room card kept not registering after a few uses so you have to go reception every few times for new card! Rate hotel 6/10

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chapelss
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Royal Dyar Hotel
This hotel was the worst hotel I have been to. Pictures are included as proof. I wonder how they get 5 stars in Saudi Arabia. It is not even worth one. Our stay was: 03/06 April 2013

Reception:
--------------
our night-mare started when we went in at 4:00pm for check in ( which is the check-in time) we were told at the reception in broken pathetic English that we have no rooms available and we will have to wait till 7:00pm for check in. I told the staff I have two kids and one being a year old but was told that it is not there problem. Very soon there were lines of other people waiting for the same reason.
Very, very Unfriendly, pathetic staff (why is somebody at reception when they cannot speak English is beyond me). I can sum it up as Clueless Management
why is somebody at reception when they cannot speak English is beyond me.

The Rooms:
---------------
- The window in the room had no child locks and the kid could just open it up and fall from the 12th floor.
The electric plugs were open and wires hanging out of wall not kids friendly at all.
The bathroom :
-------------------
Grimy , dirty filthy and full of small hair from the previous occupants’ .There were marks on the toilet seats which were very evident . Fungus growing on sinks basin & shower

Breakfast:
--------------
Breakfast seemed to be food left over from last night. Which included curry, fry aubergines, fry chips , rice and lentils . Very un appetising breakfast. I am an Asian but who eats curry and rice in the morning breakfast.

Speaking to other guests, the problems were pretty much common and seem to be inbuilt rather than incidental.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it's a dump stay away from there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank bluemoony2
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (april 2013) and was very disappointed . Our room was not cleaned once despite numerous unanswered phone calls to housekeeping . With 2 young children , we had to put up with a bathroom bin containing soiled nappies (in our nappy sacks ) and an overflowing bin full of rubbish which accumulated over 4 days !! Reception didn't understand and adequately address the issue and merely told us we needed to dial 4 for housekeeping !

On one night we ordered room service and the food was sub standard . The dirty dishes remained in our room for a few nights as no one was available to remove them from our room after we had finished our meal.

The air conditioning in the room could not be adjusted and the room was very very cold at night ! Not ideal with 2 young kids .

Despite the hotel being close to Masjid Nabawi (plus point ) and a decent buffet breakfast, the service was virtually non existent . This is a poor hotel and in my opinion is certainly not upto 4 star service , let alone 5.

A very poor experience .