Lowest prices for your stay
US$101
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
PricelineUS$85
eDreamsUS$85
TravelocityUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is leaving it! Hotel staff and service is bad, food is bad... Sorry they should take down the 5 stars outside the hotel and have only 1 star. It took over 3hours to get a room as they were full even though my booking had been made. Better stay some place in the city but it is only for muslim people.

Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank Robo102
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Pretty dull and boring hotel to be honest, seemed empty when we were there even though we had booked the last two rooms in the hotel.

Food was ok off the menu but dinner and breakfast is buffet style which isn't great, pretty bland food, the only restaurant in the hotel is more like a canteen, brightly lit, no atmosphere at all.

the hotel itself is clean enough but its in the middle of nowhere and i wouldn't personally stay there again, very soft beds and my bed squeaked every time i moved in it, i mentioned it to reception and nothing was done about it, in saying that reception is run by fat lazy arab men who don't seem to interested in any issues you may have!!

Also no gym, apprently 'its still being built' yet it says on their website that they have gym facilities.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mmb7508
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast buffet is adequate although not impressive. Hotel location is away from the "restricted" areas of the "holy city"--even so--the staff reminds non-Muslim guests not to "wander extensively" outside the hotel grounds.
I have stayed here several times and find it satisfactory.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Medina while traveling in Saudi Arabia. I was told that the hotel used to be a Sheraton hotel. The hotel was ok. It seemed pretty empty while I was there and it was very dimly lit. We had buffets for breakfast and dinner and the food was pretty decent. The hotel is not very close to the center of town and you will need to take a Taxi everywhere. If you plan on sightseeing and want to spend a lot of time at the Haram, I might suggest a closer hotel. Overall the hotel was ok but not up to the standards of some of the other Le Meridien hotels I have stayed in. I think this is one of the major hotels for airline crew in the area.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for your SPG upgrade. They won't give it to you unless you ask.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel is a decent place to stay, with generally clean and comfortable rooms. I have no complaints about the facilities, and even though it is quite far out from everything in town the hotel has a shuttle to the Haram. I didn't take the shuttle but was told it has regular timings.
I didn't eat in the restaurants but the room device was very good, the "mixed grill" was delicious and came with a variety of accompanying dishes.
The main issues of concern here were related to hotel service-- although I gave my Starwood guest number I was never credited with the points (and can't find my receipt now to claim them!) and (even more of concern) I was not given clear information several times about my driver and car (when it came, etc.) from the front desk. This led to a problem where I left the hotel late (as the front desk did not call up to tell me the car was here, as requested) and almost missed my outgoing flight. I think these problems were due to language issues (I only speak English).
As a woman traveling alone in KSA I appreciated the feeling of security and respect from the staff this hotel, and the privacy that they gave to me. I felt comfortable staying here and found the public areas to be open and well lit, and the locks on the doors to work properly (not the case in all the hotels on this trip, as I'll post in my next reviews!). I did not find out if there was an eating area for women only, but the room service was good.

Date of stay: March 2012