“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Medina
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived at 11am to the hotel staying 3 nights and although the room wasn’t available we had to wait a little while, we waited paitently at the lobby which was very nice and cool. Being a IHG reward member the check-in went through smoothly and we got a nice good suite with our own kitchen etc.

We were 3 people and although I had to get the extra bed, I had no issues. The hotel distance to the Haram is 5-8 mins walk just going straight ahead which again was not bad at all.

We enjoyed breakfast for which the staffs were very attentive and good. Overall the hotel was good, staff members were excellent and helpful, service no problem whatsoever, I will definitely recommend this hotel and Inshallah will be staying here during next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
M-Alsaadany, Sales Executive at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear Mr.Tabraism,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Al Madinah It's pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services .Thank you for appreciating our "friendly and helpful" staff and the room upgrade that you received. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully in the near future.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is 2 or 3 star at best. The triple room was cramped with no space to even put down a prayer mat. The room was only serviced once in 5 days! I requested some toilet rolls and it took them over 10 hours to send someone up and he merely said that they had run out of toilet rolls! So he gave me a tissue box instead. What a farce.

The room was also dusty and the hotel only has 2 lifts. I was also continuously lied to by a girl on their customer service desk, she was very polite but every promise she made was not kept. Whenever I asked for housekeeping she would say "They will be with you in 15 minutes" but they never arrived and a few hours later the same promise was made, day after day.

The check-in staff were also arrogant and thought it was funny to say "you have no booking, there is no record of your booking". Which upset me and my family. He later said that he was joking.

I am truly appalled by the service and IHG should remove their association with this hotel. Never again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Al M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Al M,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Medina hotels

jeddah
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is s nice hotel, close to Prophet Mohamed Mosque, the 3 bedroom apartment is very spacious with a made room plus a big living area and big dining table.after getting in my apartment i found out that the AC is not working so i called the reception and they were very helpful.they changed my apartment to another one and they kept apologizing for it. the manager on duty( Mr.Abdulrazig) was so accommodating and helpful and kept asking if there is anything else to forgive that problem.I had nothing in mind but he kept insisting and then he invited us all to a lunch at their restaurant.
This is the kind of care and treatment anyone could ask for.definitely i"ll stay there again

Room Tip: you have to cross a busy street to reach the mosque, so for young kids parents have to be extra care...
Dear Mr.Ibraheem,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had booked an early check-in and unfortunately the day we arrived we were left waiting 6 hours since the guy (Tariq) at the reception desk found a loop hole and said that check in time was 4:00pm, which is true but failed to recognize our early booking and ordered us to pay 750 Riyal around £120 to check in straight away because there are some rooms free. He stated that it was our travel agents fault, and unable to contact him because of the time difference, we were all exhausted we said we'll wait. We went and read namaz stayed at the Masjid for a while until our hours were nearly over. When we arrived back the senior manager was there saw us and checked us in within 15 minutes, result? Actions of some people are really disheartening, considering the place they are at. I'm guessing he wanted to keep the money to himself rather than actually check us in.
Apart from this situation the rest of the 5 days we spent were lovely, the hotel is clean and the staff apart from this one, we encountered were accommodating. We had breakfast included with ours and there was a vast selection available and people always on hand to help.
The bedrooms were nice, also room service wasn't always prompt but they catered to our needs as me and my sister like extra duvets!
I walk to the Masjid is just a couple of minutes and you pass various shops and markets stalls which is lovely!
Overall I am not sure if I would stay at this place again, if I'A I was to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear SaffaHx,

Thank you for writing us a detailed review of your experience. Thank you for the compliments about our hotel having nice rooms and location convenient. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had during check in. It is nice to know that after some initial issues, these were all sorted out and allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best means of ensuring similar incidents are avoided in the future. We would love for another opportunity in serving you with a completely satisfying hotel stay.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 4 June 2014

i Stayed two nights in the hotel, it has a good location, walking distance to Holy Haram, and inside the shopping area, the room was good, the problem in the hotel is the only one elevator helps the whole hotel for the normal rooms, and the dining area dosent accept a huge number of guests.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr.Adhusny,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very easy access to Grand Masjid...Just walk 5 minute
Room are rather OK, clean
Breakfast Excellent,
Did not use restaurant, choice of food available all around the hotel,
thank to all staff for everything...

Will stay here again….

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
M-Alsaadany, at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this review, 14 December 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Dar AlHijra Intercontinental Madinah It's pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services .

Mohamed Alsaadany
Sales Executive
Toronto
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was having a hard time deciding which hotel to book in Madinah. I wanted to use my IHG points, so it was between this, Dar Al Iman and the Crowne Plaza. I finally decided on Dar Al Hijra mostly due to their bed configuration and lower point value. Since we are a family with 3 kids we needed something that would be comfortable for all of us. The standard rooms have 2 queen beds in them vs. the CP and Dar Al Iman's 2 singles. Not practical for a family.

The lobby was nothing grand, but it was clean and staff were always on hand to help. I'm a gold IHG member, and was treated very well here. They checked me in at a separate desk, and the service was excellent. We were offered arabic coffee and after we arrived at our room it showed up in a carafe with a plate of sugary (sukkary--my favourite!) dates. There was also a fruit bowl and another plate of dates waiting for us in the room, plus plenty of bottled water!

The room was clean, but definitely did show its age. Furniture was dated and could use an update, but I'm not usually too picky about these things. A clean room is my number one priority, the rest is all gravy. I was worried since the reviews here were quite mixed, but I think it's really a matter of people's expectations. The beds were very comfortable, but pillows were way too soft, and it took a few tries to communicate that I needed firmer pillows. Only after did I notice a card on the night table that had a list of pillow options!

What I loved about Intercontinental this trip vs. say the Hilton were the small details. The room had pairs of comfortable slippers, and a lot of little extras (comb, shoe horn, etc) in the bathroom that are not usually standard in most hotels. The bathroom was clean and toiletries were plentifully stocked, and nicely scented. Only complaint here is that the bathroom sometimes smelled like there was a sewage backup--not very pleasant!

The room was spacious, but due to its location no haram view unfortunately. It's a few minute walk to the masjid, so still not bad by any means. After exploring the area I must say that the Dar Al Iman is in a great spot, and if I was traveling again without my kids would probably pick that Intercontinental instead due to its excellent location. The Crowne Plaza was on the other side of the masjid, closer to the Date Market and personally I found it was quite far.

Overall a great stay in an amazing city. I wish I could live here, and everyone on earth could experience the tranquility of this great city. Nowhere in the world will you find a place that comes to a complete stop for worship. It's humbling seeing all the stores close and even refuse service when it's time for prayer. Masha'allah makes me so happy to be a muslim.

Thanks to all the staff for their attentiveness and great customer service. In a country where customer service is definitely lacking, I can only say great things about the service I received in all the hotels I stayed at in both Makkah and Madinah.

If the price was right I would probably stay here again. Definitely a good choice when in Madinah!

2 Thank TOtravlr