“The best local hotel I have ever stayed”
Review of Pattra Resort

Pattra Resort
Ranked #283 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Guangzhou, China
“The best local hotel I have ever stayed”
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This hotel is the best local hotel I have ever stayed in China, it is even better than many 5 star international well known hotels. ( I am not a frequent traveller, but I have stayed in / have been to almost all the 5 star hotels in some places including China, such as Sheraton, Westin, Ritz Carlton, Grant Hyatt, Shangri-la....)

Location: The hotel is located in a mountain with green trees over the whole year. It is around one and half hour drive from central Guangzhou. The hotel is now about 0.3 square meters, with 3 buildings of rooms (the official website says that it has 300 rooms) and 10 resort houses. I was quite impressive because of this size of this hotel. The air is really fresh. The 2 days we were there were raining and cloudy, but I still think the view was lovely.

Activities: You can do hiking in"BaiShuiZai", which is the tallest waterfall in China (428.5 meters higher, but it is man-made),it is very close to the hotel. You might also want to visit He Xiangu Area, Dragon Tree, ZhengGuo Temple (Buddhist). I have been to the BaiShuiZai, as it is too tall, I was unable to reach the top within half day, we returned from the 2999 steps, but it was tired enough for me.

Facilities: There is natural hot spring water and tennis court in the hotel. There is also SPA using Jurlique products. There are 10 Balinese-style cottages where you can enjoy your massage there facing the green mountain view. The mountain view SPA is quite popular, after the karaoke around 10pm, we have been told that they have been fully booked, and because we have to leave the next morning, so that I did not have the chance to try the SPA. We have done a simple food massage indoor, and it was OK.

Rooms: We stayed in a Deluxe Room for one night, the room is quite big, it is 45 square meters (confirmed on its official website) with huge bathroom, flat screen TV, branch new furniture, comfortable bed, nice mountain view…. And I have been to our friends’ luxury suite, it is even bigger, cannot describe how big it is, it is big any way.

Service: the service is good enough compare with those international 5 star hotels, well, at least those ones I have been, especially the ones in China.

The Official website is as below:

you can find the pictures from it.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nali1

Solo
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guangzhou
Sheraton Grand Guangzhou Huadu Resort
Imperial Springs
Imperial Springs
#1 of 102 in Conghua
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Conghua
Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa...
#1,219 of 3,430 in Guangzhou
#57 of 3,430 in Guangzhou
Valley View Hotspring Resort
Valley View Hotspring Resort
#1,557 of 3,430 in Guangzhou

Been to Pattra Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pattra Resort

Property: Pattra Resort
Address: White Water Tourism, Development Zone & Historical Places of Interest, Guangzhou 511300, China
Region: China > Guangdong > Guangzhou
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #283 of 3,430 Hotels in Guangzhou
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:5 star — Pattra Resort 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pattra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.