“Great Hotel”

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou
Ranked #17 of 3,562 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Just a great hotel. Attentive service and lovely rooms. Nothing to fault. Maybe the silly lift which makes you change lifts on the 22nd for all levels

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Mandy H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Siom,
We would like to take this opportunity and express our sincere appreciation for your valuable feedback. Thank you for your comments and we will follow up it. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here on business June 2012. Everything you would expect from Hyatt - firendly efficient staff, comfortable, quiet, spacious rooms & a great restaurant. Good atmosphere in the bar area. Wide choice at breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Awayagain_7

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel and we will continue to keep our service and performance with the high level . Hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Great room rate. Drinks including coffee way too expensive. An espresso was 8% the cost of the room. The drinks service in the Guanxi restaurant at night was abysmal. Had to go looking for the waiter. Even after that my coffee arrived after my friends had already finished theirs. When it came time to pay we walked back to our rooms but they didn't even notice we had gone. At US$10 for an espresso you expect a whole lot better service than that. Waiter's name Elisa. Also the counter service was good but mechanical. Even after talking in Chinese and writing my address in Chinese characters the receptionist kept addressing me in English. Like a Pavlov's dog reaction : white face = speak English. The breakfast was great though

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback about our service, we will follow up. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business conference. Good clean and functional property. Location is a plus. It's bang in the middle of the CBD and close to the river. Very nice area near the hotel to walk during the evenings. Some shopping malls and metro stations just outside the hotel. Easy to commute to and fro from the hotel if required. Property is good. Food could be better. Rooms are comfy but bit differently designed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AMITD79

Dear Guest,thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou again. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Friendly and excellent service
Nice buffect even thoughitis expensive
It is pitty you need to apy for coffee. For the very high price for buffect, coffee should be included so to let guest feel enjoyable.
Room is nice, location is good

Room Tip: Higher floor hasgood view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest, thank you for your suggestion and we look forward to see you soon Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I don't think of the Grand Hyatt as a place for luxury and service but we found it in Guangzhou. We were upgraded to a suite, which was large and comfy (fantastic bathroom). The big surprise is the fantastic dining room for lunch with stations for every food you can imagine-from noodles to buns to crepes. Totally delicious and very visual.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We would like to take this opportunity and express our sincere appreciation for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou again. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Cons: 1) It's a bit remote from the rest of the Pearl River New City. You might need to spend a bit more time when hailing a cab. 2) Despite the nice decor in the public area of this hotel, my room was showing a bit of wear and tear. The rain shower didn't work. I complained but they didn't/couldn't fix the problem. The staff didn't offer to change our room. I must admit I was too tired to ask for a room change because it was towards the end of my business trip. I couldn't be bothered. 3) At the time when we stayed, the view from our room was a construction site. I thought we were just given a room without good view. But when i was in the spa and the lounge, the view wasn't impressive either. 4) It was my mistake that I forgot to give them my
Hyatt membership number at check in. When I found out, I was already out of the country. I phoned and spoke the front desk, in Chinese. She said, politely though, there wasn't anything she could do if I didn't present my Hyatt card when I checked in. So I asked for her name and told her I would call Hyatt's head office in America for my points. She immediately put me on hold and said she would talk to her manager. To make a long story short, I got my points.
Here're the pros: 1) Buffet breakfast was excellent. I was told by locals that their dinner buffet was also nice. 2) Staff was courtesy and polite in general. 3) The in-house Spa was quite nice.
There are too many 5 stars and new hotel in Guangzhou. I go to Guangzhou twice a year and I just can't find a reason to return. I think with the money I paid, I expect a hotel that's eager for my business.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments and we will follow up. Thank you for choosing our hotel.