“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #15 of 3,462 Hotels in Guangzhou
Luxembourg
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was travelling on business and got to rest my weary body for 4 nights at this hotel and I can say it was superb. the rooms are lovely, very well done. the stuff are very helpful and polite. the pool and gym are excellent and very quiet. Breakfast had a lot of choice but think there could have been a bit more focus on making things tasty rather than just looking so fantastic. Do be careful when you check out though as I noticed a few extras I did ask for!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ghgz, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou. We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your constructive feedback. We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guangzhou
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I often go to grand Hyatt for breakfast,I really like this place,the hotel is nice,and confortable you really feel like home,the stuff is professional and kind,the buffet is not really big,it miss something's from japanese side,but other than that you can really find a lot,thanks to this hotel to make my experience every time unique!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou.We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your constructive feedback.We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future. Wish you have a nice day!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for a 3GPP conference. I have stayed in many Chinese hotels for these conferences and this hotel rates right up at the top. It met all the expectations that you could have of top end brand but what i liked most about this stay was the attentive and friendly disposition of all the staff I encountered.

My stay started with an airport pick up in the hotel car, which although expensive it was very comfortable and the in car WiFi was much appreciated.

My room was on the 10th floor, it was large by any standard. As mentioned in other reviews the shower/bath are at the centre of the room. I quite liked this configuration.

I took breakfast every morning, and the buffet selection was excellent: a huge choice of both western and asian foods. I used the gym most mornings and this was well equipped and never very busy.

I took lunch a couple of times in the hotel restaurant which was a very good lunch special.
I had dinner as room service a few nights again this was up to scratch.

Check in and out was both friendly and painless.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have to say I like the room so much as it is so cozy and functional! Every inch of the space has been maximumly used! And I have a nice city view in front of me! Plus this is really a great location for me. Service is good as well. I can't wait to come back in April again to write my second stay over review here! As love at the first sight, my first stay over experience might be a bit blind. ;) Or it will wow me again. We will see!

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou.We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your constructive feedback.We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future. Wish you have a lovely day!
Fountain Valley
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights meeting with customers in the area. I found the hotel is located just few min. walking from a shopping mall which is also a subway station. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly up to good Hyatt standard. Facilities are modern and comfortable to stay .

I had a very late flight from CAN to LAX at 9:00 pm, being an elite member of the hotel, they gave me late check out at 5:00 pm. This is certainly helpful!

Mr. David Chan, the GM of the hotel, is a friendly and considerate person. I really appreciate their guest services making guests feeling welcome attitude.

Room Tip: The subway at Guangzhou is very crowded. If it is not really necessary, avoid to use it especially...
Oakland, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel staff were the most friendly and helpful of any I have ever dealt with. There's a sky lobby in this hotel which was fun but made check in a little inconvenient. The gym facility is adequate and the spa looked very nice (I didn't use it). There's a park area you can run in at the front of the hotel and the breakfast was awesome. Probably the best food selection I've ever experienced at a hotel. This is best Hyatt Hotel in China.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good: Aah finally a hotel that is unisex in style and considerate in he and she ergonomics; ultra modern and cool; where the lighting is good and I don't look like a clown post-make up- stepping out into the day, and the buffet feels like this endless river of lush food that I simply can't bear to leave...
bad: the bathroom is in the center of the room, a bit bizarre. You go around the entire space a few times before you can find your way to the bed again...
Ugly: a little over the top on tech - the last thing a traveler wants to do is try to figure out how to switch off that idiotic TV showing you the 14 wonders of Hyatt hotels...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park, the green expanse in the middle of the CBD is simply an amazing sight (f...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank She_Exec
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Guangzhou.We have noted your comments on the check-in procedure.We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your constructive feedback.We truly appreciate your kind patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Guangzhou in the near future. Wish you have a nice day!