Starway Hotel Guangzhou Huanshi East Road
US$85
US$276
US$85
Priceline
All reviewsclean hotelconvenient locationrooms are spaciousnice staybudget hotelouzhuangsubwaytoiletries
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was nervous about booking this hotel as it was relatively affordable and there wasn't many reviews. It was modern clean with large rooms and while the staff dont speak much English it wasn't really a problem - remember you are in China! I would definately go and stay again next year

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I & my son were in China on a business trip & stayed in this hotel for 8 Days from 21st May 2013. The Hotel is centrally located and opposite the ouzang Metro station. The rooms are spacious & very clean. The Superior double room we stayed in had two beds, A wall mounted 40" TV, A minibar, Wardrobe and a sofa , The Bathroom is clean and had a shower cabinet. Towels are changed every day & Bed linen changed at the request of the customer for those who stay for longer periods.
The room rate normally includes breakfast for one and the second person is charged 30 yuan per breakfast. The variety is good. There are 3types of Juices, Corn flakes, Milk, Yogurt, Salad, fresh fruits & vegetables, Cheese. There are cold cuts, Fried egg, Bacon,Sausages,Porridge, Fried Potato,and 2-3 continental or chinese dishes. Tea & Coffee. If some body has complaints,he must be a complaining travaller. who does not enjoy travelling to new places.
The staff take a lot of trouble to understand you as only 2-3 people can converse in English. But they are smiling & willing to help.To be honest,it was a place to come back after hectic work.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RbellBangalore
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The location of the hotel is quite central. The staff at the reception was english speaking which was very helpful. Check in was quick. The rooms were quite spacious. Bathrooms also decent size but there was some problem with the flushing system which was sorted out instantly. Housekeeping was good. Breakfast options were many and the taste was also good. Lot of non chinese dishes were there in the menu. We visited during the Canton fair 2013, so a lot of people were there in the hotel but the service never suffered. Well managed and clean hotel. Would surely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Was perfect for me, in terms of location, value for money.

Metro entrance just outside the building. not very far from the Guangzhou railway station.

Only onething, which I generally don't like is, that the reception is not on the ground floor, need to go to level 3 for Checkin, Otherwise perfect.

Room Tip: non Smoking, higher floors on the back side. Front side may be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just want to share my bad experience with this hotel which I stayed recently. I checked in the hotel at 2.30am and discovered one of the drinking glass is cracked and chipped. I thought no hurry to report. So waited till I went out next day morning. To my surprise, instead of changing a new one for me, they turned around to say that I broke it and insisted that I pay for it. Their attitude was so bad that I cut short my stay at this hotel and checked out the next day!
BTW, if you're not able to sleep on a hard bed, don't choose this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple