The Westin Guangzhou
US$153
US$136
Trip.com
1,539 results
All reviewsheavenly bedpregogreat hotelcitic plazaspg membereast train stationspacious roomcorner roomthe executive loungean upgradetop floorbusiness districtoutdoor poolwalking distancecanton fairgreat businessmain restaurant
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked this hotel after a bad experience with The Landmark Canton in Guangzhou. I wanted to treat myself this time. I believe I got what I was looking for. I stayed here during Chinese New Year for three days.

The Executive rooms on 35th floor are huge, lots of space with very nice bathrooms. The views on the stadium side of the hotel are by far the best, simply stunning. I loved the WIFI speed. Good noize proof rooms. Executive lounge was a warm welcome with great benefits (the reception lady with short hair was the only one who truely provided personal service, sorry forgot her name). Also I can recommend the Buffet restaurant for a good lunch, nice extensive selection, good quality. I liked the fact that there were two pools, one inside and one outside, as the winters can be cold here in Guangzhou. Everybody spoke great English who I encountered, which was pleasant. The location was good. Shopping and nightlife around the corner. For the more extensive shopping or nightlife a short taxi drive is no effort.

The only dissapointment for me was that I could not control the room temprature. A problem I've had in more Guangzhou hotels, but did not expect this from a 5* hotel property. It's almost childishly stupid. Hotels here control all the room tempratures centrally to manage the heating or cooling. The hotel was professional enough to provide me a portable airconditioning system only seconds after I complained. Also I did not experience any turn-down service during my stay, a bit strange.

I would recommend this hotel for sure to anybody. I would stay here again also if I ever return to Guangzhou, or I might try their Sheraton just because I'm curious.

Room Tip: Stadium view room floor 33 or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sebastian S
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I booked this hotel online and got all payments taken care of in advance. However, I was asked to pay again many times during my stay and until I checked out two days later. The front desk clerk sounded like never heard of pre-payment by other online agencies, insist me to show them a hard copy of confirmation. So I forward my e-mail confirmation to them, but they told me that it was still not good enough. I think they should make sure my payment from their own booking channel, but instead, they asked me to provide it. When a traveler is travelling internationally, this is impossible for him or her to do. I stayed at Westin Pazhou Guangzhou with same kind of booking arrangement, but without any problem. This hotel made my stay very uneasy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Johnny T
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

First, we are so delighted that you choose our hotel for your recent stay with The Westin Guangzhou. Also thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us.

Second, please accept our sincerely apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rests assure that your comments have been shared to concerned department, and necessary steps have been taken to ensure that our service standards will be improved on your next visit. I hope that this experience will not deter you to visit us again.

We look forward to welcoming you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed in this hotel 4 times now. The hotel is next door to Ikea and less than 5 minutes from the Guanzhou east train station (this one has the train from Hong Kong) and only 30 minutes from the airport.

The hotel is located in the business district and easy to assess and has alot of places to eat around.

The hotel is modern and has a good level of service. Might first seem expensive, however if you compaire to other 5 start hotels in central Guanzhou the rates are good.

They have several western cheffs to you can easy east western food. You can have a good large breakfast, infact the best i have come accross in China, but the price is around £22 per person, however if you book an exectutive room, breakfast is included along with access to the executive lounge, The lounge offers tea, coffee,softdrinks and beer all day with snacks and at night for 2 hours whiskey, vodka etc.

Would recommend you consider this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Service is patchy at best especially in restaurants where you have to ask multiple times to get anything or even noticed. There is no one overseeing the operation of the restaurant it seems or perhaps if you are not a local you are invisible? Dare I say it... Language barrier at key points is extreme which is frustrating for a Westin Hotel. My advice is stay elsewhere if you have a choice or like to get things done within any reasonable period of time. I don't give extra marks just for having a clean hotel as that is a minimum expectation. Service is what we pay high(er) prices for of course.

• Stayed: December 2011
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review for your recent stay at The Westin Guangzhou. Please do accept our sincere apology with regards to the service which you have been experiencing. We shall investigate your comments regarding the dining services in our restaurant, and please rests assure that your feedback has been communicated to the concern department and the corrective action has been taken, your constructive review will lead our exceptional satisfaction to next level. I hope that this experience will not deter you to visit us again in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

This was my first stop on a 3 city visit to China, and I got spoiled. I arrived late at night after a long flight, and was glad to find a comfortable and quiet room awaiting me. I stayed at this hotel for two nights.

The big comfy bed and blackout curtains allowed me a great night sleep. There was a nice desk area to work at, and a separate walk in closet area so my suitcase clutter was out of my way. Lots of shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

There is a beautiful pool, and a well equipped gym on the property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business