“Great value for 5 star service and facilities”

The Westin Guangzhou
Ranked #10 of 3,521 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at the westin in Feb 2012 and was very happy. As a gold SPG member they upgraded me to a huge premium corner room with walk in wardrobe/change room, large desk, 2 couches etc. hotel is in very nice modern condition, at a great location near the central park, plaza shopping center across the road and many large businesses around. Breakfast was superb and offered many styles. Overall very happy and would happily stay again if I was returning to GuangZhou.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Westin GZ is located around 40mins by taxi from Baiyun Int'l airport. its close proximity to the Train stations makes its location ideal

Check-in was swift and was kindly upgraded to a bigger room as SPG Gold, it was huge (check the pics), the Westin decor and service never fails to impress me. Bed was very comfortable and had trouble waking up, room internet was also free

I had an opportunity to use the gym and of all the Starwood hotels which i have stayed during business trips, Westin GZ Gym actually provided sports attire for guest who didnt pack gym wear. It was a small but nice gesture. I found the gym a bit small compared to others but equipment and machines were all in order

If i am ever back in GZ, Westin will be my choice!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay The Westin Guangzhou.

We are delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your comments will give us the inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed easy 20 times in the Westin in GZ on business trips. The Bar on the 1st Floor is still a nice spot to chill after a long day. The live music is usually easy listening.

The rooms are spacious, but even that the Hotel is now 4 years old you still smell the cleaning chemicals in the rooms. That really destroys the overall good impression and that the food at the breakfast area a nd the Italian restaurant is now just average.

The newly opened Sheraton meite be a worth to check option for SPG members.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your review for your recent stay with The Westin Guangzhou.

Firstly, we are glad to read that you enjoyed our Qba, and our rooms, we would also like to express our appreciation for you to staying with us many times. Meanwhile, please accept our sincerely apology for any inconvenience caused and rest assure that we have communicated your feedback to the concerned department, and corrective action has been taken.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Have been in this Westin hotel a few times now. This is a very high end and very modern and convenient hotel, with very spacious rooms , with a view ( go for the higher level rooms). They have great facilities including excellent restaurants and a very pleasant bar. The health center has 2 great pools , outside and inside and a fitness room , which is not too big but has state of the art facilities. Friendly staff. Hotel is close to shops and railway station from where you can catch the train to Hongkong.

1  Thank guldensporen
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Our family stayed at the Westin Guangzhou during the Chinese New Year. We are not starwood member or anything, just regular travellers who love superb hotels! Although this is not a family hotel, we enjoyed very much our stay.

As I found out later, the hotel was opened five years ago. It is very well maintained, with every detail well thought out. Personally, I love the scent at the lobby and the theme of the scent was carried throughout the hotel, including the toiletry. The weather was freezing during our stay and it was so wonderful that the hotel served free flow of Jasmine Tea and Lemongrass Ginger Tea. Very thoughtful indeed.

During our stay, we got to meet two senior executives of the hotel. We didn't get their names. Although we only had a brief chat, they could really convey the confidence to us that the hotel was well run and we are in good hands.

In terms of location, the hotel is situated at Tian He which is a newly developed CBD of Guangzhou, where shopping malls and fine dining abound.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked this hotel after a bad experience with The Landmark Canton in Guangzhou. I wanted to treat myself this time. I believe I got what I was looking for. I stayed here during Chinese New Year for three days.

The Executive rooms on 35th floor are huge, lots of space with very nice bathrooms. The views on the stadium side of the hotel are by far the best, simply stunning. I loved the WIFI speed. Good noize proof rooms. Executive lounge was a warm welcome with great benefits (the reception lady with short hair was the only one who truely provided personal service, sorry forgot her name). Also I can recommend the Buffet restaurant for a good lunch, nice extensive selection, good quality. I liked the fact that there were two pools, one inside and one outside, as the winters can be cold here in Guangzhou. Everybody spoke great English who I encountered, which was pleasant. The location was good. Shopping and nightlife around the corner. For the more extensive shopping or nightlife a short taxi drive is no effort.

The only dissapointment for me was that I could not control the room temprature. A problem I've had in more Guangzhou hotels, but did not expect this from a 5* hotel property. It's almost childishly stupid. Hotels here control all the room tempratures centrally to manage the heating or cooling. The hotel was professional enough to provide me a portable airconditioning system only seconds after I complained. Also I did not experience any turn-down service during my stay, a bit strange.

I would recommend this hotel for sure to anybody. I would stay here again also if I ever return to Guangzhou, or I might try their Sheraton just because I'm curious.

Room Tip: Stadium view room floor 33 or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sebastian S
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I booked this hotel online and got all payments taken care of in advance. However, I was asked to pay again many times during my stay and until I checked out two days later. The front desk clerk sounded like never heard of pre-payment by other online agencies, insist me to show them a hard copy of confirmation. So I forward my e-mail confirmation to them, but they told me that it was still not good enough. I think they should make sure my payment from their own booking channel, but instead, they asked me to provide it. When a traveler is travelling internationally, this is impossible for him or her to do. I stayed at Westin Pazhou Guangzhou with same kind of booking arrangement, but without any problem. This hotel made my stay very uneasy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Johnny T
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

First, we are so delighted that you choose our hotel for your recent stay with The Westin Guangzhou. Also thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us.

Second, please accept our sincerely apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rests assure that your comments have been shared to concerned department, and necessary steps have been taken to ensure that our service standards will be improved on your next visit. I hope that this experience will not deter you to visit us again.

We look forward to welcoming you stay with us again in the near future.