Stayed here for business, no doubt it is a good business hotel with large room:
1) Club lounge service is superb - Ms Yoyo speaks good English and is responsive, good initiatives
2) Great view from room, but the city is so hazy & polluted it feels so unpleasant
3) Chinese restaurant is surprisingly good, but the dim sum set is priced above Mandarin Oriental, although the latter is far more superior
4) The room wifi is hopeless, I mean it takes forever to load a message. They had one person sitting in my room whole afternoon trying to fix the wifi but not successful. They just abandoned the project without telling me.
5) Heavenly shower is like hell, I mean there is so little water coming from the rain shower (room 2911) it is so pathetic
6) They try to save money with pump type dispenser for shower gel and shampoo. This kills the five-star-ness of the hotel.
7) the conditional pump can't pump out any liquid, after opening the cover, I realised the conditional has hardened and became lumpy - really gross!
8) the shower floor is just one big piece of marble, be careful! I nearly fell during shower.
9) The place is boring at night, shopping nearby is unattractive. I would recommend Mandarin Oriental for the classy-ness and vibrant shopping.
10) Food at club lounge is pathetic, they charge if you go to the all day dining instead for buffet - quite unusual.
11) Air con is very noisy at night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to Shopping Malls & Restaurants Our hotel is adjacent to the CITIC Plaza, which is home to Fortune 500 companies, brand shops and many popular restaurants; a 5-minute walk distance from many other shopping/commercial malls and boutiques, such as Tai Koo Hui, Teemall, Grandview and Onelink.Transportation5 minute walking distance to the Guangzhou East Train Station-the southern gateway to Hong Kong; 45-minute travel from the International Baiyun Airport; modern subway system connects the hotel to all parts of the city, two direct subway lines to the airport. Room - Heavenly Spa, Heavenly Bath & ShowerOur Westin rooms which are 50sqm in size offer you the ultimate in comfort and technology including Westin's signature Heavenly Bed(R), invigorating shower and bath, wireless high speed internet access, flat screen television and IP Phones with cordless handset. Or choose our new WestinWORKOUT(R) Room to maintain your wellness routine and fitness regime in the privacy of your room. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers and makeup/shaving mirrors.Eat and drink well at Hotel - Five restaurants and two barsOur five restaurants and bars include an all-day dining venue, a Chinese restaurant offering the finest Cantonese specialties, a lobby lounge, a Latin American restaurant with live entertainment and a Cuban Cigar Lounge, and an upscale rooftop Italian restaurant and lounge boasting stunning city views. Spa and fitnessHeavenly Spa is a sophisticated urban sanctuary featuring a series of therapies and treatments, with the sole purpose of restoring your body's harmony and balance while shedding fatigue and stress.GeneralIn addition to a full-service spa, The Westin Guangzhou features an indoor pool, outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hot & cold plunge pool, and 24-hrs fitness facility. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 5 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of a business center, a technology helpdesk, and limo/town car service. Event facilities include conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. This luxury hotel also offers executive floors, and a concierge desk. Onsite parking is complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Guangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Guangzhou Hotel Guangzhou
- Westin Guangzhou