“Just perfect.”

Ranked #34 of 3,394 Hotels in Guangzhou
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Just perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Ive been there during Canton Fair, April 2013. It was perfect, the stuff was very friendly and always trying to help you in whatever you need. The rooms are big and quiet. Restaurants with good food. The only thing is the location, its a little bit far from the center, but the hotel has buses that takes you there and pick you up every 3 or 4 hours.
I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

For the price, its one of the best hotels in guangzhou. Free shuttle from east railway station to hotel and free back and forth shuttle to canton import and export fair. restaurants inside the hotel, and good service. the rooms are realy good except for the fact there's no heat in them, so if you're cold, bad luck. And the spa is terrible. very expensive and not worth it.
its far from the city centre and the fair (about 45 mins) but overall good price and hotel. and good breakfast

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have stayed at the Science City Crowne Plaza for the past 2 years whilst visiting GZ .That hotel is magnificent but a little far out being in a new area and taxis struggle sometimes to find it. For that reason I decided to try the city centre Crowne Plaza .i have just returned from a 6 night stay and will certainly be going back. Lobby was very nice and I was checked quickly by a very friendly front desk who upgraded me to a suite on the 34th floor. I am an Ambassador member so I guess that was recognition.Staff throughout my stay were extremely courteous and a credit to the management. My room was very clean, nicely decorated and the bathroom large and modern. There was fruit in my room on the first day that was not replenished and I was not offered a free laundry service that normally comes with Ambassador status. That's a little negativity. As I had 2 rooms booked I was hoping to get upgraded to the club lounge as it gets good reviews . Perhaps that was an ambitious after getting a suite but sometimes both have been offered in previous properties. Bar prices for China were high but at Canton fair time thats not surprising. I would think away from the fair periods this hotel offers great value for money. Breakfast offered a large and varied choice. Staff in the restaurant very friendly and always had a smile.This was in keeping with staff throughout. I ate one evening in the buffet but that was disappointing as the food often with buffets was not as hot as it should have been and subsequently tasted not so fresh I never ate in the hotels other restaurants so I can not comment. My colleague tried the gym and said it was very small and a bit tired. Free Wi Fi worked well in the hotel. All in all a very enjoyable stay and one that I have given only a little negativity but many positives. Looking forward to returning when next in Guangzhou.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a very well run hotel with excellent staff. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Breakfast is amazing and I love the way the staff are so attentive and bring around a trolley to top up your fruit juice when you finish it. Good choice of TV channels and internet is very fast and reliable.

I wish I could stay here every time I visit China.

MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This review will be short.

I liked the hotel, great location for my work, nice soft non china like beds, outlets near the bed, large room, large bathroom, ok tv selection, but...

Even in January, the room would only cool to a certain time of the night and then start blowing hot air...my room would heat up over 5C between 10p and 5a. I finally got smart and killed the fan before going to bed and that helped, but then you lose the white noise benefit of the AC fan...

I most likely will return but sure wish that when I pay for a room with AC it is not just for part of the day...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Jenette Ang, Director of Sales, and her team were amazing to work with. My wife and I put together a few days of family & friends reunion at the Crowne Plaza last weekend before our wedding day, including a request to leave gifts and a note in the hotel rooms of the guests. The instructions were followed exactly. Ray and her team in food & beverage took such good care of us, setting up beautiful tables at the delicious Mei Hua restaurant for morning tea to entertain our guests before heading off for a very busy afternoon of ceremony & reception.

I am so happy we chose the Crowne Plaza to have our get together and all of our friends there with us, we were well taken care of and attended to, and everyone remarked what a beautiful properly and great service there was.

We even found the world's best chocolate mousse made by the long-term Canadian chef that was to die for, and were both delighted by a fabulous tuna steak in maple syrup sauce - a combination that I've never had before but blew my mind!

If I ever do a big function at the hotel again, I will turn to Jenette and her wonderful team again.

Thank you also to Johnny the AM, Leo, and the rest of the wonderful people at Crowne Plaza for making our time there so very special and memorable!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at crowne plaza last Friday for one night.

The room is big and nice, very clean. The pool is nice, with friendly staff.

The breakfast buffet is awesome, and got shuttle bus to guangzhou east station at 9:30 and 10:30.

Just a bit far from the city area. And quite empty around the hotel area.

Anyway, a good hotel with a reasonable price. Recommend to those who is on a vocation, not suggest to business travellers except you work at the Science Park.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business