“Perfect place for R&R in the madness of Guangzhou”

and 1 more site!
Guangdong Nanmei Osotto Hotel Baiyun
Ranked #54 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect place for R&R in the madness of Guangzhou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I am not the spa or massage type, but for some reason, whenever I am in town, I get the works. You start with the traditional Asian spa, then move your way up to the 2nd level where you can eat til your stomach is about to blow. From there, I move to the foot massage section, only to finish my visit with a full body massage. The employees might not be able to speak English, but they are all friendly and are more than willing to point out where I need to go. About to finish up at the office and head to the spa again. This place is like heaven......

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kyeguy82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

My friends introduced me to visit this club for massage and facilities saying the price are reasonable thou a little old & outdated. Went in a group of 5 in the evening, staff made us go through scanner as part of security check. A staff wanted to check our identity cards. am the only foreigner and had forgotten to bring so we decided to go dinner and return again. At 8pm, we return again and this round they saw that my identity card is not China type, refused me entry and insisted passport to verify. In order not to disappoint my friends who already entered, i rush back hotel and got my passport to enter the spa.Manager had told us earlier require identity card to enter, but never state require passport for foreigner. Manager replied " All foreigners have a choice either to present their passport or leave the spa". Anyway i enter with my passport feeling humiliated rather than spoil spot. STaff were rude, throw our lockers key on the counter. I asked for the General Manager email, manager "Li Xiang" replied "We h,ave no General manager". Place was a mixture of all category of people, from super budget to middle range guests. Outdated renovation. Massage was average, they arrange 5 of us in one room, noisy and cramp. one of friend massuer forgot to massage one leg because time is running out. Food is normal with wide variety local food. When we call for bill, they were also very attitude. When we ask to look at our bill in detail, they gave us one stare and throw the bill over the counter for us to check. You bet this is our first time and our last time. Maybe locals may find it easier to accept such attitude, not us who are willing to spend to have better service.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelerSingapore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guangzhou
Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Shopping Street
Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou
#72 of 3,396 in Guangzhou
Guangzhou Baiyun Hotel
#36 of 3,396 in Guangzhou

Been to Guangdong Nanmei Osotto Hotel Baiyun? Share your experiences!