“Gourmet, gorgeous !”

Tiger Prawn (Huifudong Road)
Ranked #2 of 7,287 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: Seafood, Vietnamese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Despite being a vegetarian, I love this place. Perhaps the best food I have eaten any time anywhere ! Consistent too. I have visited Tiger Prawn at least 8 to 10 time and every time it is the same. Always full, with both locals and foreigners, the place is busy and cheerful. Strongly recommended, especially for sea food lovers. Vegetarians must try Yellow Curry.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

this is one of my favorite restaurant in GZ
very reasonable price and great taste
but you need to queue up to get table during lunch/dinner time

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This is a true gem and my number 3 place to eat in GZ.

We have been at different times. During busy and queuing periods, you have the option to sit on a red stool and you will be given an number. If you don't understand Chinese numbers, make the hostess aware, stand close to the hostess and watch the flow. They will be helpful to you.

6:45 pm on a Friday evening - table of 2, waited almost an hour.

5pm on a Wednesday evening - table of 4, Instant table.

7pm on a Saturday evening - table of 2, waited over an hour.

You will find Tiger Prawn just of Beijing Lu (Beijing Walking Street).

Everytime I have walked past in the early evening, there is a queue. The popularity amongst GZ people is significant. Almost everyone I know has heard or has been.

The menu is totally bonkers. The choice is amazing. I have learnt to be decisive here and pick my meal based on what the picture looks like rather than try to work out what it will be from description. This seems to be a winning strategy for me and I have yet to have been served a dish that I did not like.

Almost most every dish is mild. If you want to spice it up then you can add your own chilli. Be warned that the chilli paste here is absolutely insane. Quite addictive too.

The highlights for me are:

The curry puffs. Not spicy, just tasty.

The chicken sate. Street food style. The sate sauce has a nice bite to it.

The vegetarian spring rolls with lettuce. My favourite.

The BBQ pork. BEST IN GZ.

Chicken curry. Nice chunks of potatoe. Good chicken. Mild taste.

Crab Curry. STUNNING. This can get messy but wow.

Seafood lollipops. Prawn and other seafood moulded around sticks of lemongrass. Superb.

Mango smoothies. My children said they are the best ever mango smoothies. That's an a accolade.

I always go for the fresh coconut in the Shell.

Prices are very reasonable. Service has always been excellent, even in busy times and wow, busy as you like.

1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This is a vietnamese restaurant with some Thai style food.Very crowded, you have to spare time. If u come as a group, you can get big table in priority. :) but you have to order more than 500 RMB. Good.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This wasn't my first time having dinner or lunch in Tiger Prawn, so I recommended this place to my husband which his first time. But turns out give us horribly experience!

It was 10pm and no one que. We ordered food just for 2 (not much). And we patiently waiting after 30min no food comes to our table. There's 2 couple after us who already got their complete meal. I asked the waitress where's our meal and she said just wait. After 1 hour there's nothing comes out. When I started to leave they just saying,"you can't do that miss." They even didn't say sorry!!

So, think twice! I'd better go to thai basil next to tiger prawn. They have good service and great food. I'll never recommend this place again to my relatives.

2  Thank Depht