“Very Good with a little bad”

Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou
Ranked #72 of 3,462 Hotels in Guangzhou
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Good with a little bad”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

First off this is a beautiful hotel and I mean beautiful! I was blown away as soon as the taxi pulled up. The room was spacious with an excellent soaking tub and separate glass shower. My king size bed was perfect! The pool area was so relaxing. The entire hotel is a relaxing experience. The wifi in the room was reliable which was refreshing.

The downsides: Well this hotel is very popular for weddings. Which means if you are bothered by loud noises then you probably don't want to stay here on the weekend. I sleep with my ipod on so it didn't bother me. Also I stay out late myself so by time I decided to go to sleep the party was over or winding down.

As mentioned by another reviewer this hotel is not well known. I felt like I was alone in the hotel except for the wedding party. However they didn't stay at the hotel overnight. This can either be a good or bad thing depending on your personality.

For being a luxury hotel Royal Tulip has the WORST food ever. I can't even begin to explain how bad the food is. It's not even decent. Also if there is a wedding you won't be eating anyway because the restaurants will be closed.

The hotel is about 27-30 CNY which is about $5 USD away from the popular locations in Guangzhou. Which means every time I was hungry I had to get in a taxi for 15-20 mins there and back.

Also if you are looking for a hotel with a decent English speaking staff this is NOT the hotel for you. I'm pretty sure if I spoke Chinese I would have had excellent service. There was just a communication break down that confused everything. However the staff tried VERY hard and I appreciate and thank them for their patience.

When I booked this trip I had no idea where I would spend most of my time in Guangzhou. This hotel was a little distant from where I ended up spending my free time. Overall I enjoyed my stay. It's a high quality hotel, and I got to practice my Chinese. It was relaxing getaway after staying in the fast paced city of Hong Kong.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
RoyalTulipCarat, Public Relations Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for you squeezing your time to pen down your experience on Tripadvisor community center. Your comments are truly valuable to not only improve our English communication skills, but as well our restaurant services. The management team here will do our utmost to improve the staff’ English communication skills and food & beverage services, we are confident that you will see those changes upon your next visit. FYI, our hotel is newly-managed by Louvre Hotels & Golden Tulip, the world's 8th biggest hotel player and we are working up to the top.

BTW, Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou is situated right at the foot of the city’s famous natural beauty - Baiyun Mountain, adjacent to Lu Hu Lake, it is a serenity from the city. And we are sure this will be part of your next discovery here.

Your valuable comments would be shared with our team to enhance our service. Our mission is to provide you the ultimate service that exceeds your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Not a very well known hotel, but I was satisfied with it. The front of house staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. We felt that the housekeeping staff was not very good, as we would often return to the hotel in the late afternoon to find it not yet cleaned. Wi-Fi, room service and the restaurants were good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou for your stay when visiting Guangzhou and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor community center. FYI, our hotel is newly-managed by Louvre Hotels & Golden Tulip, the world's 8th biggest hotel player. More information could be found via www.goldentulip.com; Your valuable opinions would be shared with our team to Improve our services for our distinguished guests.We are looking forward to seeing you again in our unique hotel.
delhi , india
Reviewed 29 August 2013

HOTEL SERVICE - EXCELLENT is the right word
HOTEL STAFF ---- EXCELLENT
HOTEL DECOR ---- EXCELLENT
truely a real 5 star in 80% respects

the hotel even cooperated well by returning my lost item which i forgot in the room

BREAKFAST -- is now very basic compared to what it used to be earlier, its no more international ,its become chinese now which international tourist or business visitor like
me will not like , they have removed pastas ,cheese and similar things and international
juices and jams ,now it caters more to chinese taste .It needs lot of improvements if hotel wants to woo international vistiors rather than domestic

LOCATION --- still in the middle of nowhere and hard to find 7 - 11 stores nearby , you need to cross the road to even get any basic thing

taxi ride to main spots like beijing lu etc takes 25 rmb but its not difficult ,

KALI JU DIAN BINGUAN is what taxi driver understands but do not forget the hotel name card as otherwise you may never reach as the road name noone understands ,

SERVICE is greatest and the staff is excellent -- you dont even find this helpful people who just have a yes sir attitude to anything you say at even any time of night --- so to the staff - GREAT JOB , this is the reason why hotel is still full

THEME -- ANTS AND INSECTS PICTURES EVERYWHERE IS MOST NEGETIVE POINT , I ALREADY POINTED THE MANAGEMENT AT RECEPTION TO FORWARD THIS TO THE TOP PEOPLE TO CHANGE -- its really irritating ---

rest the decor , cleanliness is great , truly a 5 star and price is OK to pocket

Room Tip: rooms with view are good
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank suneetkamra
RoyalTulipCarat, Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for squeezing your time to share your comments on Trip Advisor about your stay with us during your visit in Guangzhou. We are pleased to read that our service was highly recognized and hoping to get your support as usual.

We will improve our buffet breakfast with a mix of extensive buffet selection. Once again, thank you for your review and endorsement. Our passion is to provide you the ultimate service that exceed your expectations and welcome you back again on your next journey.
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Overall the stay quality was Good.
But the room was a bit small size and the light was a bit dark.
However it was clean and nice to stay.
Staff was helpful too.
Breakfast buffet was nice.
Free WIFI was available.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank WaynePGMY
RoyalTulipCarat, Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing Royal Tulip Carat-Guangzhou for your last stay in Guangzhou! We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. Next time maybe you would like to try our Deluxe Room which has more spacious space. It is always our hospitality to offer the assistance towards our guests. Sincere thanks to you and look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou again in your next trip.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friend helped me book this hotel when I visited Guangzhou in July, 2013. Not every taxi driver knows about this hotel, but I was extremely pleased with it. The location is very quiet. It was hidden next to a park. The deco is modern. Loved the pool. Spacious and clean. The staff was very helpful as well. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Guangzhou.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank K D
RoyalTulipCarat, Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for sharing your kind comments on Tripadvisor community, and we are glad to know that you like our modern decoration and swimming pool and other facilities. We will convey your valuable comments to our team.

Actually, our hotel is at the foot of Baiyun Mountain, next to Lu Hu Lake Golf Resort(Within 5 minutes Drive) and Yue Xiu Park, a feature sightseeing spot in Guangzhou. Next time, you may like to try to experience these wonderful places.

Last but not least, we owe a “sincere thanks” to your friend whom let us have a chance to serve you. Our passion is to provide you the ultimate service that exceed your expectations and welcome you back again on your next journey. We wish you an inspiring stay!
bangkok
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel when over on business trip.

Hotel is modern, spacious with clean rooms, comfortable beds and powerful shower.

Good selection of tv channels in english, good wifi internet, reasonable price, atm machines in lobby so easy to get cash, best hotel i have stayed so far in Guangzhou.

Will be recommending and coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank davemcg74
RoyalTulipCarat, Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear davemcg74,

Thanks very much for choosing the Royal Tulip Carat Hotel for your recent visit in Guangzhou and sharing your kind comments. We are glad to learn that you had a good overall experience and liked our room and hotel facilities. We truly hope next time you can try our new food which offered by our new Malaysia Chef in the Home Kitchen. We are looking forward to seeing you in the not far distance at our lovely and comfortable hotel!
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Although the location is a bit out of the way this is a great hotel for the price...I have paid double in Guangzhou and not had such nice accomodations. Everything about this hotel is comfort driven and the buffet breakfast is really great. Staff very accomodating and friendly. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary H
RoyalTulipCarat, General Manager at Royal Tulip Carat Guangzhou, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Gary

Sincere thanks for your time squeezing to let us know your comments about the hotel facilities and services and guests' comments are really our treasure to improve our service standards. We are delighted to know that you are comfortable while being with us. Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next Canton Fair trip.

Royal Tulip Carat Guangzou