“Great central location in Guangzhou”

Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel
Ranked #7 of 3,408 Hotels in Guangzhou
Belfast,Northern Ireland
“Great central location in Guangzhou”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The Sheraton is really in the heart of everything in the centre of Guangzhou. Rooms and bathrooms are very spacious with everything you need for a comfortable stay including the most comfortable bed during my trip to China. Breakfast buffet is excellent and has a huge choice for everyone. I also used the large outdoor pool which was pleasant first thing in the morning and had it to myself. The hotel is connected to the shopping centre next door via a door in the lobby and has loads of shops and restaurants. I have given this a very good instead of excellent because of the front desk staff who I found were slow to respond to my needs and just charged me GBP instead of CNY without giving me the choice and couldn't understand when I complained! They were also very slow in the business centre when I needed some urgent photocopying done, they don't understand what to hurry means! That said the housekeeping staff were brilliant in pressing my suit late in the evening - once they understood what I wanted.

2 Thank TheBish
SheratonGuangzhou, GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments. We apologize for the service of Front Desk and Business Center, and we will keep improving. We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed here and both times I've really enjoyed the hotel and the location. The breakfast is really good and being close to the mall is a real bonus. Getting a taxi can be a problem but I think this is an issue for the whole of Guangzhou, as I've experienced the same problem at other hotels I've stayed at. The only negative and it's only a small thing but check in and out seemed to be slow and they automatically charged me sgd on my credit card which I had to get them to change as it's against company policy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments and we are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We apologize for the service of Front Desk, and we will keep improving. We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice, very clean hotel. Stayed in club room floor and had a nice, large room. Breakfast buffet was very good--plenty of choices. Fitness room was all new Life Fitness equipment and didn't have to wait for anything. Centrally located and connected to the Tee Mall.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel while you’re travelling to Guangzhou! We are very happy that you have a wonderful stay and thank you to share your experience with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Hotel is actually located right in a shopping mall so you can buy until you empty your pocket book.
I myself do not like eating in the hotel except breakfast so the large numbers of large and small, pricey and cheap eateries surely satisfy me.
Room is bright and modern, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is sumptuous but the drawback is free wi-fi is available in the lobby. Also you need to get a password that lasts for a few hours, after that you have to get a new password slip, very meaningless.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the higher floors so you can see far away if the weather is good and the vision is spec...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments and we are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had 7 rooms for 4 nights while attending the Canto Trade Fair. The hotel was booked but that never seemed to affect service.

Rooms were all very nice, fully appointed, etc.

The buffet was terrific. Probably the best I've had in 30 years of business travel in China. We had breakfast and dinner there almost every day. And never got tired of it.

We will return to thus hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the food, facilities as well as our service. We are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel!
Tortola
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My Husband stayed there for about a week and had a few problems at the start his stay . He told the staff and it was sorted out very fast . In fact he said he felt like a king after that . He has stayed here before but said the service was outstanding this time . He wanted to mention Steven Chen and Yummi Lin and say that their attention to detail was far beyond any hotel he has stayed in for a long time ( He stays in lots!) . The hotel is situated in a great location for tourist or business travel. The breakfast buffet is one of the best ever seen with food from all over the world. This will always be the hotel we pick when in Guangzhou. Helpful staff , great sleep, wonderful food!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the good location, facilities as well as our service, and we're glad to know that you enjoy your stays and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou in the future.
Shanghai
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was in Guangzhou on business trip for one day. I liked the location of Sheraton. I can oversee Tianhe Stadium from my room. It's within walking distance from many shopping malls. It's ~40 minutes from the airport at non-peak hour. The room is nice and clean but lacks character like all Sharaton hotel. The outdoor swimming pool looks nice, but, unfortunately, I didn't have time to use it. Overall a nice hotel, comparable to Westin Guangzhou, where I stayed for several times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at higher level overseeing the Tianhe Stadium
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lvwei1123
SheratonGuangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013