Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
Rongjin Hotel(Guangzhou)
Longzhou Hotel(Guangzhou)
  • Fitness centre
1,742 results
All reviewsclub millesimebathroom mirrorluxury roomclub floorbeautiful hotelspecial thanksplatinum membercanton fairindoor poollate checkbusiness triprooms are spaciouschinese restaurantexecutive loungetianhe districtbreakfast buffet iscanton tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Great new hotel with superb free fitness zone on the 7th floor, which includes nice gym, fantastic big pool, small pool with hot water and a cozy sauna. Spacious standard rooms with virtually any amenties you may need. Separate shower cabine and bath.

Breakfast is great as well. Buffet dinner is 350 +15% RMB, which is quite a lot in my opinion. There are two restaurants - Chinese and Western style. The bar on th 8th floor is not operating yet, so the only option to have a glass of smth is the bar at the lobby.

Most of all I've enjoyed the pool, and the surrounding amenities) It was great to get a full fitness programm after a working day.

What else?

Late check-out is not a problem
Taxis are always available
Staff speaks fine English, at least it's not the issue in standard situations
Lack of restaurants outside is a real problem if you don't want to drive for dinner

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Was like an oasis. The room was outstanding, with everything you could possibly want. checkin was fast and efficient. We have 2 kids aged 8 and 11. The staff treated the kids really well, and they loved their stay too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This Sofitel makes a fantastic first impression with professional greeting on check-in, and a room with real wow factor. From there however things slide into a 'work in progress'.

1) First up was the air conditioning, which continually re-set itself to heating mode and increased the temperature in the room upwards of 26c. The first call to reception produced a staff member who showed my how to change it back to cooling, and declared everything was ok. That night however, the air conditioning continued to re-set itself to heating on a 2 hours basis - where I'd have to get up and re-set. You can imagine I was none too happy after such a bad lights sleep.

On returning from the Canton fair the room was again on heating at 26c, however I managed to re-set once again to cooling and things seemed ok. That night however the same problem continued so I called for help at 3am, and I got a technician who could not speak english, so I spoke to someone on the phone at reception who translated and he told me that they were aware there was a problem, but that nothing could be done about. Scratch another nights sleep.

I departed for a night to Shanghai leaving my stuff in the room, and guess what the temp was I got back ? - 29c. Even the bottled water in the room was warm to the touch.

( My boss suffered similar issues in his room, where the technicians actually replaced the controller as it had broken down completely )

2) On attempting to iron a shirt the cheap brand iron leaked all over the ironing board , so I had to request another one. Hard to believe why an institution like Sofitel can't invest in decent brand equipment.

3) First use of the shower and it refused to drain, and of course flooded the bathroom when I opened the door. ( Subsequently fixed after I complained )

4) Language barrier astounding. You would expect a basic level of english in an international hotel of this standard, however my colleague had several occasions of the most basic requests falling on 'deaf' ears. For example while at dinner my colleague asked for a Whisky Sour, and after repeating the request slowly several times the waitress nodded and that's the last we ever saw of her. On another occasion we asked for two cokes, which again took several attempts to get some comprehension flowing.

5) Service level. My room wasn't serviced on two nights of my stay , and a welcome platter that included pastries and fruit wasn't cleaned up for the entire duration of my stay.

6) The final straw was discovered on the last morning as I packing up - right underneath my foot was a section of a craftsmans knife blade - possibly a left over from the construction ? I'm just lucky my eyeballs discovered it before my big toe ! ( The image was taken on my blackberry so apologies for the quality )

I would strongly suggest the use of an anonymous hotel guest to provide real feedback to hotel management, and a mininmum level of English for front line staff. We would be reluctant to stay with this particular Sofitel again.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed here in business in two periods during october for the canton fair. The hotel is new and trendy, the french staff is very upersonal, the chinese staff although not everyone speaks very good English (some does)was much more friendly and helpful. The hotel feels really luxury and I can really recommend the breakfast and the spa, tho rooms where spacious and clean. Why not a top score? The hotel is quite far from everything, it took a great deal of time getting to Beijing road and Canton Fair and somehow I miss the home away from home feeling, a luxorious sterile experience...

Reviewed 30 October 2011

I traveled from Canada and stayed 4 nights at this location. I reserved three rooms. The staff is not trained well enough to converse in the English language. This is an International hotel that requires much more detail in terms of staff training and the ability to assist guests. My guest who I was traveling with was stopped by their staff and asked for a room card. Without showing the room card allowed the guest to proceed into the elevators. "Security" as a result is very much compromised in my opinion. If they are going to check a guests access into the hotel they should follow through with the complete process and not allow the person to be allowed to proceed without further questioning. When asked to speak to management, for an apology we had the head of security (who could not speak english) and the resident manager named Richard come to see me after waiting for him for 45 minutes. His personal apology consisted of paying for a coffee and a slice of cake. After feeling that the hotel was a risk to me and my fellow guest traveling with me, this is not a way to resolve the issue at hand. I believe the Manager Richard should be taught a lesson on how to resolve concerns from guests in a more professional manner. I understand that we all make mistakes but its how we correct them is how we are remembered. I do not recommend this hotel due to these reasons.

1  Thank michael d
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear Michael,

We are sorry that our concern for customers safety was misunderstood. The complaint initiated by your friend was actually that he felt bad being momentarily stopped by our Security to check if he was a registered hotel guest. Our Resident Manager has explained to your friend and three other Guests, including yourself, that this procedure was requested by the local authorities, and we had no other choice than to comply.

As your friend was very upset to be politely questioned by security, the guard did not insist, which does not represent any breach to the hotel security as our hotel is also equipped with an advanced security system, which fortunately does not only rely on the random control of the keycards.

We are very surprised to read from your comments that only a coffee and a slice of cake was offered. The fact is that all your party members were offered a complimentary dinner at the hotel, even though only one person was complaining. Our offer was declined as you did request instead a complimentary night for all rooms of your party, which I am sure you will admit was a surprising and disproportionate request. As a commercial gesture, the hotel took anyway the initiative to remove the only meal taken in the hotel from your friend’s invoice.

We hope this clarifies the situation and we hope you appreciate our high concern in our customers safety.

Best regards,