Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
US$117
US$147
US$136
1,778 results
All reviewsclub millesimebathroom mirrorluxury roomclub floorbeautiful hotelspecial thanksplatinum membercanton fairindoor poollate checkbusiness triprooms are spaciouschinese restaurantexecutive loungetianhe districtbreakfast buffet iscanton tower
Reviewed 1 June 2014

For the last two years I have been staying here; and I believe in terms of value for money this is by far the best hotel in Asia. Brilliant service; excellent and attentive staff, particularly in the Club at Level 29.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank TonyB2508
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear TonyB2508,
Bonjour! Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We have worked hard over the years to attract and maintain valued guests such as you. We take pride in the way that this hotel has transformed into the property it is today and that you repeatedly choose to stay with us whilst visiting in Guangzhou.

I would like to personally thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, and we want you to know that we very much appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We find the hotel was excellent. The staff are helpful and the room services are first class.
One of the staff in the front her name is Kitty Liang was so kind and helpful that is the best that I have come across in my 30 years of travel. I will certainly stay with this hotel again because of Kitty.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Peter C
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Peter C,
Bonjour! Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our team.

We hope to see you again soon, and want you to know that your patronage and your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for two nights last week. Part of the reason for our stay was to see first hand the accommodations for our planned conference here next month.

The breakfast was what you would expect from hotels of this caliber in this region, which is to say very good. The rooms and lobby were beautifully decorated. The staff was well trained and spoke more than acceptable English.

The rooms was quiet and the air conditioning was also quiet and comfortable: a fact you can't take for granted in older hotels. The location is great also.

I did not try lunch or dinner in the hotel since I ended up eating with customers outside.

I have one complaint and it is a major one, however. The internet coverage in the room was spotty, irregular and unreliable. It has no coverage in some parts of the room. When I am connected it is slow half the time, and I get disconnected almost every 5 minutes even when sitting still. This is very painful because I can't stay on VPN to work and I can't use Skype or Viber to call my wife. This is unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber.

When will hotels in general get this? Can you run a decent hotel if you have spotty and irregular electrical power supply? No. It is a must, right? So, why in 2014 do you have questionable internet connection? It is not a perk or an amenity. It is a necessity, so treat it as such.

At least the internet is included here. It baffles me when hotels charge you extra for internet. You have to provide good internet service, roll the cost over to the customer and make us pay for it. Don't make it optional. Simple.

We will go ahead and have the conference here. However, if the same internet issue persists, I will go back to Sheraton or Hilton on my future trips to GZ. I might even switch hotels during the conference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mkm0e
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear mkm0e,
Bonjour! Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with the internet coverage in the room.

Clearly, the experience you described causes us deep concern. It does not represent the quality of service we strive for at our hotel on free WIFI and internet. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Our IT Manager has attended to the problem and made a plan to check the internet accessibility in hotel everywhere, including guestrooms and meeting areas. Please rest assure that this occasion will be not happened again.

Thanks for taking the time to review us and hoping to see you again soon to where you can witness the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week every half a year in Sofitel GZ Sunrich. This is my 3rd year stay already. The equipment & facility are very nice and the service of staff are even better. It's just like stay at home. Everyone in the hotel treat you well like unique, special customer and most of the request will be fulfilled & completed. With lots of appreciation to the staff in concierge, La Grill, IT support & marketing sales who gave us an immediate assistance & service as always. Thank you so so much. Highly recommend you guys to stay even 1 night in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Dorothy C
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Dorothy C,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed two nights at the Sofitel last week. Arrived at 9.00am,too early to book in and exhausted. Staff were most helpful an seated us in the lounge ,brought us water and when we requested the way to the nearest shopping centre,gave us great directions. Returned at 1.30pm and were booked in,never touched a suitcase,bell boy was on the ball and concierge, Summer, took us up to the room,checked everything was in order and left us to sleep.
Any time we went near reception we were greeted and the staff were most attentive when it came to ordering taxis and giving us advice on where to shop.
Anna at reception was great. Bryan Wright the food and beverage manager was most pleasant and gave us a few pointers on the next days sightseeing and shopping.
We both would stay there at the drop of a hat. Thought the room was fabulous. Only flaw was that previous guests had not treated some items of furniture respectfully, this I'm sure in time will be rectified.
Breakfast was monumental,if you can't get a decent feed there,something wrong with yo.

Room Tip: We were on the 22nd floor,it was great and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vic S
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Vic S,
Bonjour! Thank you for your wonderful words, which I have shared with our team.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. We welcome all constructive comments, as it helps us to maintain high standards of quality, service and comfort for our guest staying.

We look forward to your next stay, and want you to know that we truly value you as our guest!