“Services”

Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
Ranked #16 of 3,462 Hotels in Guangzhou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the best hotel in the area. I travel to China for business several times a year, for long time periods. Staying at the Sofitel is a treat and a dream. Great rooms, amazing food, really nice space. Love it and highly recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank zushmoo
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear zushumoo,
Bonjour! Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our team.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Last week was my second visit ro this hotel after staying there in 2011. This visit was even better than the first. The Club staff treated us like superb guests and no request was ever too much. All staff were amazing, with a special mention to Wendy that made it a very friendly stay. The Club area had awesome refreshments with good quality french champagne- something we might have overindulged in. Well done and I hope to be back soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelbuddy2010
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Travelbuddy2010,
Bonjour! Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We have worked hard over the years to attract and maintain valued guests such as youself. I am glad to see that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable.

I would like to personally thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, and we want you to know that we very much appreciate your patronage!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

For the last two years I have been staying here; and I believe in terms of value for money this is by far the best hotel in Asia. Brilliant service; excellent and attentive staff, particularly in the Club at Level 29.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank TonyB2508
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear TonyB2508,
Bonjour! Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We have worked hard over the years to attract and maintain valued guests such as you. We take pride in the way that this hotel has transformed into the property it is today and that you repeatedly choose to stay with us whilst visiting in Guangzhou.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We find the hotel was excellent. The staff are helpful and the room services are first class.
One of the staff in the front her name is Kitty Liang was so kind and helpful that is the best that I have come across in my 30 years of travel. I will certainly stay with this hotel again because of Kitty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Peter C
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Peter C,

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable.

We hope to see you again soon, and want you to know that your patronage and your comments are appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for two nights last week. Part of the reason for our stay was to see first hand the accommodations for our planned conference here next month.

The breakfast was what you would expect from hotels of this caliber in this region, which is to say very good. The rooms and lobby were beautifully decorated. The staff was well trained and spoke more than acceptable English.

The rooms was quiet and the air conditioning was also quiet and comfortable: a fact you can't take for granted in older hotels. The location is great also.

I did not try lunch or dinner in the hotel since I ended up eating with customers outside.

I have one complaint and it is a major one, however. The internet coverage in the room was spotty, irregular and unreliable. It has no coverage in some parts of the room. When I am connected it is slow half the time, and I get disconnected almost every 5 minutes even when sitting still. This is very painful because I can't stay on VPN to work and I can't use Skype or Viber to call my wife. This is unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber.

When will hotels in general get this? Can you run a decent hotel if you have spotty and irregular electrical power supply? No. It is a must, right? So, why in 2014 do you have questionable internet connection? It is not a perk or an amenity. It is a necessity, so treat it as such.

At least the internet is included here. It baffles me when hotels charge you extra for internet. You have to provide good internet service, roll the cost over to the customer and make us pay for it. Don't make it optional. Simple.

We will go ahead and have the conference here. However, if the same internet issue persists, I will go back to Sheraton or Hilton on my future trips to GZ. I might even switch hotels during the conference.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mkm0e
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear mkm0e,
Bonjour! Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with the internet coverage in the room.

Clearly, the experience you described causes us deep concern. It does not represent the quality of service we strive for at our hotel on free WIFI and internet. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Our IT Manager has attended to the problem and made a plan to check the internet accessibility in hotel everywhere, including guestrooms and meeting areas. Please rest assure that this occasion will be not happened again.

Thanks for taking the time to review us and hoping to see you again soon to where you can witness the improvements we have made.