“A GREAT STOPOVER”

Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
Ranked #15 of 3,476 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A great hotel for a short or transit stay. Guangzhou is not a particularly tourist oriented town so you may tend to spend more time in the hotel The rooms are extravagently well appointed, large and luxurious. We had the advantage of access to the executive lounge which was well worth the added cost - great canapes, plenty of liquid regreshents,individually ordered champagne breakfast. Of course, you can eat breakfast in the main restauramnt, which is huge, with an incredible range of choice. Staff in the lounge were reticent at first, probably because of language, but soon warmed and became communicative when engaged. Altogether a great experience. No trouble in arranging a complimentary late checkout (4.00 pm) to catch an evening flight home.

Room Tip: Don't miss the lantern ceremony each evening at 6.00 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NOVO1
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear NOVO1,
Bonjour! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more memorial experiences.

The 'lantern ceremony' is a Candle Ritual, that takes place every evening at 6pm in our hotel as you described. As part of our French flair, Sofitel tries to reflect this Art of lighting in the hotel to provide the welcoming feel we want our guests to experience.

We look forward to your next stay, and want you to know that we truly value you as our guest!

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

All I can say is that this is a wonderful hotel. It definitely left a lasting impression and I could only wish to have stayed longer. The location is ideal and within close proximity to all major places. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and room 2529 is awesome,especially the jacuzzi. Thank you Marie Berthe for the upgrade and setup you did for me:-)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Moey V

Dear Moey V,
Bonjour! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I very much appreciate your kind words, and positive feedback, which I have shared with our team. I hope you have left our hotel ‘Feeling Magnifique’.

I also appreciate your patronage and look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is certainly up to standard of 5-stars.
the check in on the club floor was great. the staff speaks english.
daily happy hour with a good selection of wines. in house sommelier assisting.

the rooms are of good size. impressed.
in fact, stayed there for few more nights on my next few trips.

Room Tip: good benefits for Platinum Accor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ShawnLEE1975

Dear ShawnLee1975,
Bonjour! Thank you for your recent review of Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich. I would like to thank you for your positive review and your kind words.

We try very hard to provide good quality accommodations, at a reasonable price. Our team works very hard each and every day to make sure our guests are looked after.

I hope to see you again soon, and want you to know that your patronage and your comments are appreciated and shared with my team.

Life is Magnifque!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived at the lounge at 6.15pm and ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and a Club Sandwich. The drink came quickly, and the sandwich at 6.45pm!!! I had a taxi booked for 6.50pm which meant I virtually had to swallow the sandwich and chips. Ridiculous!

Concierge service was excellent in getting me a taxi at the agreed time.

I also do not like to be greeted with "Bonjour" in China. One should speak either Chinese or English!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AppleAdam
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear AppleAdam,
Bonjour! Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to read the comments concerning the Club Sandwich service. I have reviewed this issue with our Executive Chef and Director of F&B and taken steps to make sure that we get back on track.

Please be assured that these comments are taken seriously, and that I will personally follow up with the appropriate team members.

We appreciate your comments and your patronage, and hope that we will see you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was excellent but the final checkout was marred by unhelpful reception. We needed receipts for our two rooms but they refused to give them because we had changed credit cards. The argument that became loud and angry and the delay caused us to nearly miss our train to Hong Kong and much stress.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Keith H
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Dear Keith H,

Bonjour! Thank you for your comments. We are so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Clearly,the experience you described causes us deep concern. It does not represent the quality of service we strive for at our hoteland for that I sincerely apologize.
We have reviewed your feedback in detail with our related operational department heads and I can assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such situations from happening again.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich located in the Centre of Guangzhou City, the design the of Building, entrance, lobby, reception, decoration, escalator, room, bath room, accessories, carpet, ------, etc. all are perfects. Make a great impression for me, I was there in mid June 2014. Johan, Indonesia

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 38,838,383
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear 38838383,
Bonjour! Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our team.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay and appreciate our design. We wish to create a memorial experience for guests.

We look forward to your next stay and want you to know that we truly value you as our guest!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management S, General Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014