Guangzhou Marriott Hotel Tianhe
Sofitel
Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
US$185
US$154
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
US$247
Dongfang Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$110
US$92
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe executive loungecity bistrograndview mallshopping malllarge mallsuper hotelexcellent locationtrain stationindoor poolvery nice hotelnice roomplatinum membercentral locationeasy accesstee malltaikoo huispecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Was here for business for one night. The Taxi driver was in a rush and dropped me off on the street and not in the drive way. No one came to offer help even when I walk past hotel staff, no one offer to show me where the lobby is. I had to ask. I had a dariver picking me up the next day and no one offer to help me load my bags.

I would rank this hotel as average Marriott hotel. I expected more for over $400 USD per night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

As a family of 4, we stayed in the Marriott Hotel Tianhe for 2 nights on Mar 21 and Mar 22. Nice and clean room, excellent location, in the middle of the shopping and restuarant district. Nice spa that opened till 2am, can go after leaving kids with husband at night, nice gym, decent breakfast. The only somewhat strange thing is the swimming pool, you have to walk outside the change room across an open lobby to get to the pool, which is strange, because most pools are accessible directly through the change rooms, in this case, the patrons have to walk in wet swimming suits across an open hall to get back to the change room. Also, at first we thought the beautifully designed indoor pool were dirty with mini paper/tissues bits, after talking to the pool attendant, it turned out someone in Management decided to put a layer of reflective material to make the pool bottom shiny, except the materials peeled off and required constant cleaning up. This is typical Chinese problem of putting image ahead of practicality and functionality. (And I am a Chinese myself). I wish Management would take note of it and instead of creating concerns for the pool patrons and do constant cleaning up, just remove that reflective material completely. All in all, we would still stay there again because of the location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights in March 2013. We were in town on business had time to walk around the town. The location is very nice - adjacent to a large mall and across from a major athletic complex. If you are visiting the consulate, it is only a few blacks away and very walkable.

The shopping mall is of interest with a wide selection of stores and restaurants. If you venture into the basement you enter a space that is like a bazaar with small stores and food service.
The hotel holds up well to its competition at least with facilities. It is a beautiful and well built facility with an excellent dining room and rooms. We did notice the staff were less engaged than other Marriotts. In one situation we overheard the manager explained to the staff how they could better handle a situation. When she left they essentially said it was not their job and they would not follow her direction. I can only assume they thought we did not know Mandarin. While that incident was not pleasant to hear, the staff were very helpful and some with enthusiasm. I suspect what we witnessed was a reflection of the city's culture and not just a Marriott issue.

All in all I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Request view of Citic building
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freqtourist
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed here now the second time and will definitely be back. Great location in the city center, right next to a mall with all sorts of shopping facilities, food and a huge supermarket. Really helpful and nice staff, great breakfast, everything brand new and very functional. 24/7 Sauna/Pool/Gym. Restaurants/Bar/Room service is 5* Hotel standard, nottn special but nottn to complain... Have to mention: English level of staff is very high for China...
MY Hotel when in Guangzhou!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here one night and I wish it was 3. Loved the bed, the shower and the tub. Must get access to executive floor and get the deluxe room. At the end of the hall and nicer layout. The lounge has a nice breakfast and selection. Once again the choice of soaps could be nicer.

Room Tip: Ger Deluxe room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business