“great hotel”

Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun
Ranked #31 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The location is good, nearby is a big mall- wanda guangchang. love the room, very comfortable. the breakfast is ok. The service is good, we got updated when we checked in. the wifi is really slow,such pain in the [--].

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton G, Online Marketing Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear “simeng z" guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our related department know that they helped you have a great stay with us. I am so sorry that your are not satisfied with the Wi-Fi speed and I have already delivered this issue to our IT department . And all of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel is gorgeous! The lobby shimmers in gold. I stayed on an executive level floor, and was able to enjoy access to the executive lounge. The cocktail time is decent, with wine & beer and a variety of hors d'oeuvres that could serve as dinner if needed, just be sure to get your items when the staff put them out - they go quickly! I actually stayed here twice a week apart, so had different rooms. One was a suite (thanks to an upgrade) which was very nice, and all the way at the end of the hall away from elevators & people coming & going. The space was large with the front room serving as more office/ receiving area, and had a "powder room" with toilet for guests. The closet area was also quite large, and the bedroom & bathroom were also large & comfortable. The other room I stayed in was also on the executive level, but not a suite. It was nearly just as nice. The size of the bedroom was generous, as it had been in the suite, and the bathroom was still a great size. In each case, the shower is separate from the tub!& is rain shower style. I did take a bath during my stay & loved it,as the tub was pretty deep! Comfortable bed, too. The breakfast on the executive lounge is okay, with an assortment of items on the buffet, but there's an even bigger selection on the lobby level of the hotel, and I'd encourage you to take your breakfast there. I tried so many things I'd never had before, and liked most of it! For those wary of different foods, fear not, there's plenty of eggs, yogurts, fruits, sausages and more that you may enjoy. The staff here are all so nice, and helped whenever I needed. The concierge has the "taxi card" - name of hotel in Mandarin, for you to give to your taxi driver on your way back from an excursion. Helpful! If attending the Canton Fair, the free shuttle bus is great and only takes 40 minutes. Sounds like a lot, but the trip is really not bad. The hotel is worth staying at for the trip.

Room Tip: If staying on an executive level floor, you might ask to be sure you are not too close to the lounge...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank corsagi
Hilton G, Online Marketing Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear "corsagi"guest,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun!I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.Thanks for your shared your dinning and staying experience with us .And yes, we provide free shuttle bus to the Canton Fair Exhibition every year.We look forward to seeing you in the coming spring Canton Fair.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Again a hotel booked by my customer, close to the airport (but maybe nothing else?!). Beautiful lobby, breakfast as expected but unless with a package they charge for wifi which is a huge pet peeve in 2013. Gym was very good and clean - even had bosu balls and yoga mat area. Finding places to plug in all electronics and chargers was a pain and i had to unplug a light to charge my cellphone (alarm clock) near the bed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BlondeAmbition123
Management response:Responded 18 December 2013

Dear "BlondeAmbition123"guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry about that you are not satisfied with the Wi-Fi charge the power charge in the room. I will deliver these issues to the related department and try our best to solve them.Hope to see you return again soon in Guangzhou.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I came from Korea,it's a very nice biztrip. If I have another bizstrip to Guangzhou, I'll choose Hilton Baiyun again. I am not good at english,but you said must have a comment over 200 letters, I do not feel good at this. so I hope next time it will be corrected. Anyway thanks very much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear “Yeoju",

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our related department know that they helped you have a great stay with us. We will try our best to solve the guest comments reply issue in future. And all of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hilton located in Guang Zhou is really good hotel that I have lodging. You know, I have the membership of SPG, IHG and Hilton. And the membership of SPG is Golden. IHG is platinum. The membership of Hilton is just Golden.However, it is really wonderful. I am pretty sure that I will logding this hotel in my next travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton G, Online Marketing Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear "Peng Fei L"guest,

It's our pleasure to make sure your stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun is comfort and delightful. Thank you for your comments and hope your stay with Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun is memorable experience as always, we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun opened on Aug,2011 and provides relaxing experience for business and leisure guests alike.It offers comfortable guest room,spacious meeting facilities, and varied dining. The hotel is situated in dynamic Wanda Plaza at the foot of the Mountain Scenic Area,with convenient access to the Central Business District and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

OK, the location is not the best, seems it is some new area with a lot of construction. BUT: the hotel is quite new and really very good. Got an upgrade to an executive suite upon arrival. Very nice and spacious. This includes access to executive lounge, which is also very nice. Anyway I would recommend you take the breakfast in the Senses restaurant instead of the lounge, because you have a wider choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen D
Hilton G, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear "Stephen D" guest,Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Beautiful facility. The hotel staff's english was reasonable, but not without challenges. Location was a bit out of the way - advertised as a 3 minute walk from the subway, but it was about a mile through an undeveloped field. Would go back, especially for convenience to the airport and the fact that the surrounding area is being developed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear "JBVan_12" guest,Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.Hotel locate in the center of Baiyun New Town which is one of the most thriving areaof Guangzhou. Hotel is close to Baiyun Mountain with more fresh air in modern city. We look forward to seeing you soon.