“Disappointing”

Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun
Ranked #27 of 3,522 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for two nights and was generally disappointed with the condition of the room. The carpet was badly stained in the bedroom and one of the glass doors had been broken in the bathroom and had been replaced with a £1 shower curtain which had the pole stuck in place with silicon. The service was actually very good and collection service from the airport was perfect, a real shame.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sfd1975
GM_GZ, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Sfd1975

Thank you very much for having stayed with us in August.
I also would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the poor condition of the room you have received.
We have immediately checked the room and rectified the mentioned issues in order to avoid disappointment for our guests in the future.

I am very sorry this was not rectified prior to your arrival.
It is nice to see that you felt comfortable with the service of our team and the transportation.
We have shared this with the team members concerned to encourage them to continuously deliver great service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your stay and your feedback. I do hope we can welcome you back in Guangzhou very soon and it would be my pleasure to personally assist with any arrangements for your next trip.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed here on business many times now, the hotel is great, but small things such as free WIFI only in the public areas, an expensive restaurant,and expensive spa dent it a bit.

TIP: behind the hotel is a large mall, with good restaurants in the 3rd floor.

Breakfast is VERY good, people are VERY friendly and helpful. This has become our new regular "pass through" hotel in the Guangzhou area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thealheath

Thank you very much for being our regular guest and having stayed with us again.
I also would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience on this platform.

Great to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our facilities.

As for the internet, we do provide complimentary internet in all public areas, the restaurants, and the executive floor lounge and rooms.
It would be my pleasure if you contact me for your next visit in order to arrange a favorable solution for you the next time.

Mit freundlichen Gruesse

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my second visit. As a HHonors Diamond, and due to a minor incident during my last visit, I was offered a suite upgrade in advance. The Executive Suite is nice, before I found out the problems.

1. The door of the bathroom is poorly maintained. At first I thought I broke it, but l found the same issue in another suite.

2. Hair in the sink.

3. Dead cockroach in bathtub! I think it's totally not acceptable. I never experience it in any Hilton properties.

I went to front desk and talked to the staff, and see if I could change to another room. I think they escalated to a supervisor, which she replied:

1. "Hotel just conducted pest control so there are dead cockroaches" (Sounds like it's common and expected?)

2. "But it's not acceptable to have hairs found in bathroom" (Sounds like she thought the hair was more unacceptable than the dead cockroach)

3. "I see you are already got upgraded to a suite" (Sounds like I was asking for an upgrade. Well, I was checking whether I could change to another room)

After that she assigned me another room. Later she called me that they were sending me some fruits as an apology, and asked me to switch the Do Not Disturb off so that they could send. However there was nothing when I come back around 10 pm.

For the executive lounge, choice of drinks was very limited, and wine was not good. Quality of food varies. Some was nice but some was poor. But again I found a piece of hair in a piece of cake. Then I decided never eat in this hotel anymore and skipped the breakfast next morning.

I've taken some photos but I think it's not appropriate to upload here as they may look disgusting.

I think the hotel should review their hygienic issues.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeremy_JF

Dear Jeremy_JF

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun for your visit to Guangzhou.

I would also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this platform.

I am very sorry to read about your experience and indeed am shocked to hear what you encountered. Certainly this does not represent the usual Hilton standard you would expect from our hotel and I am truly sorry for this.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused.

As for the hygiene issues you encountered, we have addressed this with our housekeeping team and will ensure to improve the control and cleanliness of our guest rooms. Further will we emphasize the training of our team in that area.

Also the hair you found on the Executive Lounge cake is inexcusable. As this is currently presented without a cover on the open buffet, we will review this and make adjustments to the presentation to avoid such from happening in the future.

In regards to the handling of your feedback by our Front Office team, I will personally address this with the team member. This should have been addressed more promptly and with a more appropriate solution for you.

We take your feedback very serious and I can assure you that this will be reviewed with the department heads and team members concerned for improvement. Our aim is to ‘Make It Right’ all the time and clearly we have not done so in your case.

Once again I do sincerely apologize for your experience.
I do hope you allow us another chance and I would like to personally ensure you that we can do better. Therefore, please contact me directly at any time if I can be of any assistance or for your next visit to Guangzhou.

Thank you very much for your continuous support to Hilton!

With kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel location is very good, although not in the city center, but close to the baiyun park, surrounded with wanda plaza bay and 5 shopping center, dining shopping with children play is very convenient, although there are some distance from the subway (10-15 minutes' walk), but if you don't want to walk can also sit in the doorway station bus to metro line 2 fly park station.From the hotel to baiyun airport very convenient also, probably more than 20 minutes.Hotel service, concierge help me collect Courier in advance, service is very good very carefully.On hotel service without any let a person feel inappropriate place, everything is very comfortable.I live in the room toilet is a little small problems, but does not affect the big picture.Common room reservation price (not including breakfast) in 700 RMB of the following would think it's a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Yue C

Thank you for your feedback and for having stayed with us.
Am sorry to see that you had a small issue with your bathroom and hope that our team was able to fix this for you quickly.
Great to read that besides that you had a good stay and were satisfied with our facilities ans service.

I do hope you will chose us again in the future and please feel free to contact me directly for any future visit.

Best regards & save travels

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A good quality business hotel, the only issue that I had was the quality of the internet service, connection was an issue as it kept kicking out my devices.

A good executive lounge and service and quality of breakfast was excellent. All of the staff speak English and are very helpful.

Late night room service is a challenge, which for travelers like myself whose body clock is destroyed and need to eat at stupid times of the morning, there isn't an all day menu which I found a bit odd.

Excellent gym

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear comradestuart

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for having taken the time to write about your experience.
Am glad to see that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the positive comments about our service.
As for the Internet, I am glad to share that we have recently completed an complete upgrade of our WiFi system in the hotel, which has improved the connectivity and speed of the connection significantly.
We are also working on improvements in our Food & Beverage to better meet the needs of our guests from around the world.

Please let us know if you return to Guangzhou and we would be very happy to welcome you bake again.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here in November last year. I was attempting to maintain my Gold status with Hilton Honours.
The hotel was very near the enormous Wanda Mall with food stalls around the outside of the mall.
The staff were very friendly and the executive lounge was the best we have had access to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sino888phile

Thank you for review and positive comments about your last stay with us.
Am glad you had a good time and enjoyed your stay here.

Should you come back to Guangzhou, please let us know and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Till then, save travels and best regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My stay at the Guangzhou Hilton was a pleasant one. The accommodations are nice and clean. The fitness center is note worthy of being mentioned. The staff was courteous and helpful for the most part. The only draw back that I noticed was the higher than average rates. However, if you book in advance, you are given a significant discount. You get what you pay for, and this is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Edwin R

Thank you for having been our guest and for having shared your experience with fellow travelers.
Am pleased to see that you were satisfied with our hotel and the service and am glad we were your hotel of choice for your visit to Guangzhou.
In regards to the rates, it is always recommendable to book directly with any of the Hilton Reservation channels, i.e. hilton.com or the hotel direct to obtain the best rates guaranteed.

Also, it would be my pleasure to personally assist you with future reservations for you.
The next Canton Fair is coming soon and we offer great early bird discounts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards