“Fabulous Hotel”

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
Ranked #17 of 3,503 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Tianhe in Guangzhou. This is a new hotel and as a Diamond member we were upgraded to a lifestyle suite which was huge and sensational. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent with built in TV. The hotel has a great outdoor pool, big fitness centre and spa. Also the hairdressing salon there is fabulous. The breakfast was vast and the choice was just enormous and even freshing made juice bar. We would like to thank the Hilton staff for all their friendly and helpful advice and the service was exceptional. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Thank you for your years-long support to Hhonors, it is our great honor to host you with diamond member benefits

All Team Members at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

It is my first stay at Hilton GZ, the loaction is ok, free shuttle was available but not mentioned at reservation.

The lobby is comfortable but the front staffs were not really friendly & helpful...

i enjoyed my buffet breakfast at a spacious ambience and the fitness facilities is excellent and it was open 24hrs. and I love the bathroom design with a standing bathrob.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and that you are satisfied with our service.
We appreciate your time in providing your comments in regard to front office service and information notice issues.

We will take this into consideration and communicate this to the relevant department.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel is a brand-new establishment is the Tianhe district of Guangzhou. It is a solid upscale Hilton, with some very splashy touches - the bathrooms in the rooms are just amazing. The overall vibe in the rooms is Mies van der Rohe done on the cheap - lots of panels of faux [read - plastic] stone and faux wood. So while the overall room ambiance is quite striking, my only hesitation is that all that pizzazz will not last very long, hence the title of my review.

For a non-meat eater like myself, the breakfast buffet was where I had my main meal of the day, which justified a somewhat high price.

Service is warm and mostly quite professional. You can see the personnel training is working.

I was struck by the amount of knock-off furniture in the room - almost every object in the room is a recognizable design item, and then you look closely... If you object to that sort of plagiarism, especially from an international hotel chain, then avoid it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Moreover, thank you for your recognition on our decor.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I spent two nights here recently (one night stay each time) and I am glad I stayed here, it was nice.

I think they told me that I had a panaramic suite each night (Diamond HHonors), one overlooking the sports complex and the other overlooking a cruddy building, but both rooms were very nice, spacious, and well outfitted with outlets near the bed and conveninece switches bedside. Bathrooms were way to huge, with the toilet on one end and the shower on the other, but were of all granite and very upscale.

I did a review of the Beijing Airport Hilton a few months ago and the room were very comparable. The king beds were very huge in Beijing and in Guangzhou and the most comfortable beds I have had in China by far... However, I sort of liked the layout of the Beijing suite better.

I did have dinner in the restaurant that had the international buffet and that was OK, a few more Asian/Japanese choices than Western stuff, but pretty good, with a really nice dessert area (good ice cream). For breakfast I did the executive lounge and stuck wiht fuit and waffles, but they did have an egg station going and the basic Asian stuff. The only thing I didn't like about eating in teh lounge was that you at on tables not intended to eat on (way too low and you sit on lounge chairs) but there was not a lot of people there and you could get in and out quickly.

I also did room service and that was also just OK, but I only had a hamburger and beer, so not too tough to screw that up, but would like to see them add a little beef to the burgers at Hilton!

I also took the shuttle from the east railway station and then back to it and that service was efficient. I think the schedule runs around the Hong Kong through train schedule for the most part, so it worked for well for me. I suppose you could walk it, but it is definitely not as close as say the Shangri-La near Lo-Wu station in Shenzhen, and not sure of the street urchins in that area, so good luck...

I'd definitely stay here again and for me, it's worth spending more time in traffice on my way to work in the area just to get to stay at a Hilton versus some other Chinese brand "6" star hotel...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Thank you for your consistent support for Hilton Worldwide as Diamond member and it is our great pleasure to offer you with the upscale room type with Executive Floor benefits.

Moreover, we would like to give our appreciation to your feedback on our uncomfortable sofa &table design in Executive Lounge, we will take action to improve guest experience when they enjoy breakfast. As you mentioned, hotel provide free shuttle bus to Guangzhou East Railway Station based on Guangzhou-Hong Kong train schedule, it will take 15 minutes for guest get there by walk.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Comfortable, nice ambience and good service coupled with excellent facilities and relaxing rooms made our two-day stay at the Hilton Tianhe in Guangzhou all too short. Our executive suite was spacious and well laid out; the bed was soft yet firm – no granite rock like so many less thoughtful hotels in Asia. Liked the rain forest shower that had enough space for a fully grown guy to clean up without bumping walls, doors, etc. The robes are the softest and most comfortable of any I’ve tried in 50 years of traveling – sadly they’re not for sale. Had the 6th floor infinity pool all to myself for an early morning swim, and there’s something appealing about breaking the first waves on a quiet pool that’s much like being the first to ski down a fresh powder slope – peacefully private and self-defining. The breakfast buffet at the Café on the 2nd floor has a good array of various cuisines including lots of healthy options. To a person, the staff is friendly and accommodating; most have good to very good English.

Room Tip: Real non-smoking rooms available!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed for 2 nights . Just one word excellent. Fantastic decor of the rooms ceiling to floors windows good view. Very spacious and big rooms. And the price just like nothing . I will suggest all people to stay just at Hilton if visiting Guangzhou . As I have stayed in many different 5 stars in various part of world and also Guangzhou . Chk out my videos and photos of room. Note it's just a superior room but doesn't looks like superior . It's like a delux or executive type room. Bathroom got tub and differe shower area.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is very nice and new visually, but the staff is at best average. The room although looks new was already falling apart. The breakfast buffett was very good. The room is all dark wood and mirrors, even with the lights on its hard to walk around in this room. The staff had in general suboptimal command of English. I asked to have my suit pressed and a woman knocks on the door and stands there not saying a word, she had no idea what i wanted and I had no way of communicating with her. The keys demagnitize very easily and we had to change them almost daily. The shower faucet had a leak, the bathroom door hinge falling off. Really needs better quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the staff communication and hardware issues.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention.Be assured, we will share your comments with relevant departments to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Could you please indicate that which room you stay and we will fix the water leaking problem first.Moreover, we have conducted the necessary English training for our staff to make sure they can proceed basic English communication with guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.