“no reply to e-mails”

Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
Ranked #17 of 3,480 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed 23 January 2014

stayed @ hilton tianhe once before (oct 2011), on vacation. however didnt have best experience as pool and spa were not ready as hotel was newly opened. This was not stated on web-site on booking and this made an otherwise pleasant stay not too good as i was on vacation and booked hotel for this purpose. i have plans to visit guangzhou again 22-25 nov 2014 and made booking via hilton. sent 2 e-mails to hotel, with booking details, so far no response from them. THIS IS NOT TYPICAL OF HILTON STANDARD. i hope i can have better stay this time around to make up for my earlier stay. rooms are excellent with fantastic bathroom, location is perfect for me, near G/Z east st. 38sq mtr rooms well designed, breakfast one of the best. all in all a gr8 hotel, just communication problem

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was there on my business trip, hilton is a very nice and quite hotel which i've been stay at for few times,hotel has a good location with metro it has a convenient location close to Guangzhou East station, nice outdoor pool through !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and it never disappoints, it is close to station, shop, restaurants, and is a solid hotel in every aspect. It is located in on a quieter road in Tianhe district in Guangzhou, and therefore you can get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is a solid Hilton, actually one of the best Hilton I've ever stayed but a Hilton at last, good enough but not a top notch luxury brand. The service is well trained and spoke english perfectly. the rooms a bit small but an eclectic decoration, comfortable and with everything you need. The location is in the well known new area Tianhe. The breakfast can improve a lot, many choices but the flavors were not appealing. The fitness center is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Also thank you for your feedback about our breakfast. We regret we were not able to provide you with the breakfast you expected. Our breakfast is comprised of traditional food items, but may also include dishes that are enjoyed in our local area. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them under consideration to provide our guests with healthier meal options. On your next visit to the area, we hope you consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the excellent food service and hospitality we are known for.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hilton Tianhe in Guangzhou was exceptional from the moment we checked in. Being a loyal member and knowing we were celebrating a special event, they upgraded us to a suite, and gave us executive lodge access. The arranged our room special just for our stay; my wife was amazed by their efforts. The concierge was very helpful and gave us very detailed information how to get to different landmarks within Guangzhou. The workout facility is clean and very well equipped. The breakfast buffet had a lot of different variety and the location is perfect, as it is close to two metro stations. We couldn't ask for more from Hilton Tianhe. The staff did an excellent job.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My experience last weekend in Guangzhou was really a dramatic one ; i have been well served by Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe Hotel's Concierge Dept (Cita Luk - Asst Chief Concierge) before i stayed there on Sat, coz' he has helped me to arrange the purchase and the delivery of a K-pop concert tickets, to be held at Tianhe Stadium on Sat night.

I had great time at the concert that night and also enjoyed pleasantly the rest of my stay there.

To my surprise, when i conducted the check out the next (Sun) morning, i realized that my China travelling visa (Card) has been lost & most probably it's at the stadium ('s concert) the night before.

I simply went to the GZ East Train station with my train tix and hope the China Custom will still allow me to go, given i still possessed my HK ID card & they should have my entry record (to GZ, too). Unfortunely, the CHina Custom rules & practice are really strict and they did not allow me to leave China for taking the train to HK. The Custom simply provided me the address of a GZ office (15 miles away from my hotel / train station) and told me the office was closed on SUnday and so i can only apply when the office opened on Monday again. They did not know any details of how many days required to issue a replacement of Visa, after i reported the loss. Not a single further advice could be provided, no matter how many other alternatives i could have asked for.

Lots of question marks and fear come to my mind and all i can think of, was to pick up a call again to Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe's Conierge Dept (Cita Luk) and he has calmed me down, well arranged the shuttle bus to pick me up from the GZ train station back to hotel and also offered the free ride for me to the concert Stadium again to search for my lost card (later still not found though). He (Cita) also being very caring and already re-booked me to stay one more night at the Hotel for awaiting the replacement of the China visa and also arranged the purchase of train tix for me. Cita also checked and printed out all the relevant document and procedures for me as reference. It turned out to be a long winding journey and procedures, but at the end of day, i still managed to return to Hong Kong on monday late afternoon, thanks god........and thanks CITA, my hero, too.

I am so pleased with the hotel's whole team, who are really caring & helpful and being so pro-actively on providing the tailored made customer services to me during this (mini) unhappy (losing China Visa) experience.

I would also particularly like to express my gratitude towards the Executive Lounge team - Benson, Kitty, Angel & Jasmine ; as they are so friendly & helpful and cheered me up during my 2nd night (un-expected) stay. They have also printed out detailed maps and info for me to facilitate my next trip in China.

With the hardware in the room well equipped for business travellers for this hotel, i think you can't simply ask for more...................

Room Tip: xx18 or xx 19 faces nicer views than xx04 or xx 05.........
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank V L

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Cita and our Executive Lounge team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. Your highly compliment encourages us to be more and more excellence, to deliver our warm and hospitality to all of our guests. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

They are a little bit slow on replying e-mails. Better to call them directly and they will assist in right away.
Very smooth with the transfer from Train East station to the hotel with their free shuttle bus
Front desk staff met you right away when you got off the shuttle which showed recognition!
Very discrete service and assist in many ways upon arrival.
They tried very hard to catch you taxi during busy period
Room size is spacious , variety of room service choices , love the hot bathtub.
Not much time to explore the hotel this time but will come return again!!!

Room Tip: May add buffet breakfast benefit upon arrival at RMB 120
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, General Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe!