“Great food and great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Summer Palace
Ranked #67 of 7,150 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Savour the best of regional Chinese cuisine at Summer Palace, one of the classic Chinese restaurants in Guangzhou. The stylish surroundings of Summer Palace feature 18 luxurious private dining rooms ideal for an intimate meal or formal business entertaining.
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Being the only Chinese restaurant in Shangri-la Guangzhou it obviously had to be good. I was not disappointed. This restaurant is perfect for a westerner compared to other local offerings due to its fine dishes and small portions offered allowing diners to enjoy a lot of different dishes. Service was excellent with attendants filling your cup and teapot every 5 minutes or so. Not much view can be seen from this restaurant at night because it's basically pitch black outside. Small dining area compared to other Chinese restaurants in Guangzhou therefore they may be a wait if you arrive during a peak period like ~7:00pm. Exceptionally busy during Canton Fair of course.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
hong kong
“TOP NOTCH QUALITY AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

If anyone reads this review, all I want to say is dining at this restaurant is an absolute no brainer. The quality of the food and the service is second to none.

I would like to commend the service manager, ms. Rebecca Jiang. From the time she took our order, all the way to settling the bill, she was very patient, courteous, attentive, very pleasant & professional. She gave me her card and even urged us to try their morning or lunch dimsum.
I thoroughly admired her professionalism.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tony c
Seattle, Washington
“Great place for Dim Sum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

It is so hard to find a Dim Sum place that offers the authentic taste and menu selection, and good quality of food at the same time now in Guangzhou. I'm so glad we found Summer Palace in Shangri-La.

Everything is served fresh, and they use good quality ingredient, and plenty of them as it should be. For example, unlike other restaurants that serve Lotus Leaf Sticky Rice with Chicken that only has a feel pieces of chicken in it, Summer Palace serve the original Lotus Leaf Sticky Rice with all the great ingredient: chicken, mushroom, dried shrimp, dried scallop, salty egg yolk... They also serve their Durian tart with real Durian in them, instead of Durian flavor that most other dim sum place do.

Very nice atmosphere. Not bad service.

• Visited June 2013
hong kong
“NO EXCUSE WHY IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO COME BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Having lived in Guangzhou for 11 years now, I have been to summer palace in 3-4 occasions before, the last time being at least 3-4 years ago. I cant explain why its taken me this long to return, but when I wanted to really impress my brother who was craving for Cantonese and I only had the pazhou area to make my selection, I knew right then and there that I should take him to summer palace and I was confident that I will not go wrong.

From the moment we sat until we left, the service was more than attentive. The waitresses were
more than polite ( to the point it became a bit too courteous ). We ordered

1) peking duck, cooked 2 ways-just excellent. 9.5/10 ( the only flaw was the meat was too lean, which is good healthwise, but the duck virtually had no fat !!! )
2) prawns sauteen in orange sauce-10/10. We've had this years ago, we actually remembered and ordered again. Just as good. A definite MUST TRY
3) sautéed veggie ( Cantonese KAILAN ) in ginger sauce. 9.5/10. The taste and the freshness of the veggie is spot on. The only flaw is that the serving is rather small.

We had this meal a week ago, I remember we ordered tofu and a starter but I really cant remember enough to give a fair review.

OVERALL: Food quality, service is definitely top notch. Price is rather reasonable for a 5 shangrila. I am actually questioning myself why its taken me this long to return.
I will definitely go back much sooner than later.

• Visited June 2013
hong kong
“Food serving speed was slow but taste good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Food were great! I will said it's the best restaurant in GZ Shang. Well, it's Chinese food in China, I believe they won't fail it like other restaurant.

Visited March 2013